ADVERTISEMENT

Plans for this summer?

I'm going to audit the crap out of people this summer.

.... and then I'm going to mow the lawn. So, yes, exciting things are certainly in the works.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I'm going to audit the crap out of people this summer.

.... and then I'm going to mow the lawn. So, yes, exciting things are certainly in the works.
FYI, independents who work in the oil business are 100% honest about their taxes they submit/claims they make, etc., so it’s never necessary to audit any of them for anything.

Again, FYI.

"Teaching" two online classes in June for some extra cash

Will spend the majority of my summer on the beaches in NC but will also take trips to Vegas, Charleston, and Barcelona.

What's the plan? I want to do a trip like that this summer too. Have about 300k Chase UR points saved up. Some friends of ours are doing different trips to Europe this summer, but then all are meeting in Greece for a long weekend to end the trip.

Not entirely sure yet but flights booked to Rome already. 5 days in Italy, 5 in Greece. Rome and Santorini but looking to add another city in each.

Not entirely sure yet but flights booked to Rome already. 5 days in Italy, 5 in Greece. Rome and Santorini but looking to add another city in each.

Just booking Rome to Greece using like Ryan Air or something? Is your return flight out of Greece or back out of Rome?

Where in Yucatan are you going? Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel?

I recommend doing an excursion if you're into that kinda shit. Especially one that takes you to a cenote (underground freshwater cave). One of the coolest things I've ever done. Rappel down 50ft from a hole in the jungle into the clearest-water-I've-ever-seen. Where the rays of light were shining in, you could see the bottom of the cave like 70ft down under the water.
Playa del Carmen, and that sounds awesome, would love to do that.

Just booking Rome to Greece using like Ryan Air or something? Is your return flight out of Greece or back out of Rome?

I can't remember, but Rome to Greece was ridiculously cheap. I think flying back out of Rome as it was quite a bit cheaper than flying to US from Greece but we, meaning the wife, hasn't finalized it yet. I'm trying to go the no checked baggage route, wife's having a hard time getting on board with it.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Can't Deny Me...

200_d.gif
Omg. It’s so bad!!! Sounds like Audioslave took a shit.

This just reminded me, my bff called me yesterday all excited about Bush at RR's this summer..
I tried their website yesterday, but it wsa wonky via tablet. I'll have to try again today.
Hoping it'll align with one of our trips.. like, the one without the kids..
Man I loved me some Bush for a minute.

Reactions: KisteK
Where are you heading in Canada---we love to hike and snowboard in Banff, Alberta. Jasper is out of this world as well.

We go fishing in Ontario every year. Would love to get to banff someday though. Looks awesome.

We are renting a lakeside cabin in grand haven Michigan for a week. She really wanted to do a honeymoon we could bring our dog on. You?
I just googled grand haven.....it looks amazing. If you aren't from that part of the country, it doesn't cross your mind there are areas like that. Ive heard of friends going to cool ass spots in wisc, mich, and minny----but it seems like a gamble for me b/c i need first hand knowledge that these places are legit. I kinda bit the bullet and went big with the St Regis in bora bora (couples retreat movie site). I got to plan the whole thing and she wont know until we get to the airport. Im pretty pumped. We are very active so I planned out a bunch of cool things to do like hike otemanu, swim with sharks and stingrays, heli ride----wanted to do sky diving but they wanted $1400 per person and they all ready bent me over the table on paying for the trip. I'd love to hear how your trip goes b/c I really want to explore the US a little more as my son gets older. I want to take him to the top 7 national parks by the time he is ten. I love camping and being outdoors and I think those were the best experiences I had growing up. Road trips and camping are a lost art..........and I'm a hypocrite b/c i just planned a super resorty honeymoon lol.

I just googled grand haven.....it looks amazing. If you aren't from that part of the country, it doesn't cross your mind there are areas like that. Ive heard of friends going to cool ass spots in wisc, mich, and minny----but it seems like a gamble for me b/c i need first hand knowledge that these places are legit. I kinda bit the bullet and went big with the St Regis in bora bora (couples retreat movie site). I got to plan the whole thing and she wont know until we get to the airport. Im pretty pumped. We are very active so I planned out a bunch of cool things to do like hike otemanu, swim with sharks and stingrays, heli ride----wanted to do sky diving but they wanted $1400 per person and they all ready bent me over the table on paying for the trip. I'd love to hear how your trip goes b/c I really want to explore the US a little more as my son gets older. I want to take him to the top 7 national parks by the time he is ten. I love camping and being outdoors and I think those were the best experiences I had growing up. Road trips and camping are a lost art..........and I'm a hypocrite b/c i just planned a super resorty honeymoon lol.
You ever been out to NE on a road trip? We are renting a car in Boston and the plan is to drive around up to Montreal and back over the course of 8 days. Still looking into cabins, quaint little bed/breakfasts and camping spots for now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Boston to Portland to Montreal is the plan. Stopping in Burlington for a night as well. Anything in between those areas.

@denniden @brooky03 @Longstrangetrip @WojoRising or any other Yankee here on this site.

Oh you’re not gonna have a blast and she will be bragging about that honeymoon for years. I’m not going to ask what that trip is costing but I’m sure you’ll get your moneys worth with all those activities.

For our week, we will probably do 1 or 2 days of kayaking, 1 day of charter fishing for 4 hours, 1 day of the amusement park in Muskegon. Not really on a set schedule because I don’t think it will be too busy in May because it’s not quite tourist season yet.

I’ve lived all over Wisconsin and Michigan so if you’re ever interested in anywhere up here let me know. I’m not a huge outdoors guy but I still know where the places worth visiting are.

Buying a house that I don’t have the money to outfit yet, so that squashes a lot of travel plans.

I do have great tickets to Margo Price / Tyler Childers at the Ryman next month though, so that makes up for some of it.

Reactions: toonces11
You ever been out to NE on a road trip? We are renting a car in Boston and the plan is to drive around up to Montreal and back over the course of 8 days. Still looking into cabins, quaint little bed/breakfasts and camping spots for now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Boston to Portland to Montreal is the plan. Stopping in Burlington for a night as well. Anything in between those areas.

@denniden @brooky03 @Longstrangetrip @WojoRising or any other Yankee here on this site.
Burlington is great! Stay a night in Rockport, MA. That is just north of Boston and on the ocean. Plenty of really nice B&B’s. Go to Gloucester and/or Ipswich and areas surrounding. If you like fresh New England sea food, stop at one of the clam joints anywhere. All close to Rockport. Vermont and New Hampshire are loaded with great areas in the mountains. Try and rent a four wheeler or two and ride on the Long Trail for a day.

The Maine coast is pretty cool. I have a soft spot for the Kennybunkport area. I have a lot of family that came down from Quebec and many of them ended up there back when.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Heading to Louisville for Oaks/Derby early May, then back home to SF, then Yucatán Pennisula in early June, with a trip to Chicago for a meeting in mid July.
Love the Derby. Been a few times. Really need to get back. Nothing better than Chicago in the summer, enjoy.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Oh you’re not gonna have a blast and she will be bragging about that honeymoon for years. I’m not going to ask what that trip is costing but I’m sure you’ll get your moneys worth with all those activities.

For our week, we will probably do 1 or 2 days of kayaking, 1 day of charter fishing for 4 hours, 1 day of the amusement park in Muskegon. Not really on a set schedule because I don’t think it will be too busy in May because it’s not quite tourist season yet.

I’ve lived all over Wisconsin and Michigan so if you’re ever interested in anywhere up here let me know. I’m not a huge outdoors guy but I still know where the places worth visiting are.
awesome---can you get in the water or is it to chilly? the pier alone is jaw dropping. bora bora has always been on my list and luckily for all of america i didn't get married until this year and ill be 35---makes trips easier to pay for lol. ill def hit you up. just looking at the pics reminds me of st augustine florida with the pier and lighthouse. it honestly looks like an old school all american vacation spot. i don't know about you----but I'm ready for this whole wedding planning to be behind me......if i have to weigh in on what songs and readings at church i prefer one more time, ill jump off a cliff. i just don't care. I'm more about family, the experience, and being with friends than all the pomp.

Buying a house that I don’t have the money to outfit yet, so that squashes a lot of travel plans.

I do have great tickets to Margo Price / Tyler Childers at the Ryman next month though, so that makes up for some of it.
what exactly is the ryman? I know band of horses has a killer album "live at the ryman"

Reactions: Hank_
Burlington is great! Stay a night in Rockport, MA. That is just north of Boston and on the ocean. Plenty of really nice B&B’s. Go to Gloucester and/or Ipswich and areas surrounding. If you like fresh New England sea food, stop at one of the clam joints anywhere. All close to Rockport. Vermont and New Hampshire are loaded with great areas in the mountains. Try and rent a four wheeler or two and ride on the Long Trail for a day.

The Maine coast is pretty cool. I have a soft spot for the Kennybunkport area. I have a lot of family that came down from Quebec and many of them ended up there back when.
Rockport sounds exactly like the kind of place I wanted to check out for a day/night. I hadn’t looked into it at all yet. I know we’ll stop in Salem and it looks like Rockport is just up the road. Didn’t know if we’d go straight to Portland after that or not but now I know what we should do. I love clam chowder and I’m so excited to eat it numerous times on this trip. Thanks!

I'd love to hear how your trip goes b/c I really want to explore the US a little more as my son gets older. I want to take him to the top 7 national parks by the time he is ten. I love camping and being outdoors and I think those were the best experiences I had growing up. Road trips and camping are a lost art.

One of my good friends is currently with his fam doing just this at Canyonlands National Park/Moab. And from the pics and videos he's sending, I would put that one up high on your list. Insane stuff.

My moms sister lives in londonderry. I remember two trips when i was in grade school so i couldn't really appreciate it. hit up boston---got to see the green monster and clemens pitch which was ****ing great. did some boring apple picking. we drove up the coast to maine and i remember hiking thru a forest to the ocean. it kinda blew my mind b/c it was the first "non beach, non swimming" ocean i had been to. It was all boulders and rocks but so perfect. other than that, the east coast has been known as "florida and the bahamas" to me.

One of my good friends is currently with his fam doing just this at Canyonlands National Park/Moab. And from the pics and videos he's sending, I would put that one up high on your list. Insane stuff.
My parents recently retired and they went. Pictures were amazing. For 60 yr olds they get after it. They both had solid blue collar jobs---chief warrant 5 and and nephron nurse for 40 yrs a piece-----but always took us on great vacations. not top end resorts, but the best locations. they take their minivan and rough it everywhere. moab, grand canyon, virgin islands eco resort, azores, belize----they find crazy economical deals and go about once per month. I cant even find flights for the cost of their total trips most times---but they don't care about alcohol or dining---just about the experience. Im excited to explore the pacific NW---glacier natl park and see the redwoods when i can actually appreciate them. just watched a documentary on netflix about climbing in yosemite.

Arches NP has the coolest hike I've ever done; Fiery Furnace. Basically a few mile trail wandering through a slot canyon, where you're crawling over giant boulders and along edges in between huge red rocks.

szYFq67.jpg

Utah has so many cool places. Like a different planet.

Reactions: KisteK and 829305
Rockport sounds exactly like the kind of place I wanted to check out for a day/night. I hadn’t looked into it at all yet. I know we’ll stop in Salem and it looks like Rockport is just up the road. Didn’t know if we’d go straight to Portland after that or not but now I know what we should do. I love clam chowder and I’m so excited to eat it numerous times on this trip. Thanks!
Salem isn’t far at all from Rockport. If you want to stay at a hotel I would recommend the Atlantis, and ask for a room with an ocean view. There are a couple other hotels right on the same road between Gloucester center and Rockport center. Your wife will give you love you for planning a day and night there.

Disney world with the fam, derby and try to become interested in the Louisville bats and baseball in general.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
awesome---can you get in the water or is it to chilly? the pier alone is jaw dropping. bora bora has always been on my list and luckily for all of america i didn't get married until this year and ill be 35---makes trips easier to pay for lol. ill def hit you up. just looking at the pics reminds me of st augustine florida with the pier and lighthouse. it honestly looks like an old school all american vacation spot. i don't know about you----but I'm ready for this whole wedding planning to be behind me......if i have to weigh in on what songs and readings at church i prefer one more time, ill jump off a cliff. i just don't care. I'm more about family, the experience, and being with friends than all the pomp.

Lake Michigan will be a bit cold, but I think swimable. There is a nice inland lake there that will be warmer though. Here is the cabin we are renting for the week:

https://www.vrbo.com/317719

Our dog is a shelter dog and isn't well socialized so we wanted to be secluded enough to let her roam without worrying about neighbors.

For me it's not so much the planning that bothers me (the fiance takes care of most of that), but it's having to deal with all the people that missed the invite cut. Cant wait for that to be over.

Reactions: toonces11

I was in Burlington for a wedding and had a great time. If you're into craft beer at all, I can't recommend Heady Topper enough. They don't distribute it nationally, so you can only get it in that area. If you're into it, you'd have to get to the store and get in line, typically before opening, to grab some because they sell out quick.

Depending on the amount of time you have to burn in Burlington, a dinner cruise might not be a bad idea. I had a good time on the one I was on, but it was free for the wedding guests, so I don't know if it's a good value or not. The downtown area is nice to walk at night. The Ben and Jerry's store has every flavor ice cream you could think of.

That's really all I've got for ya. My parents took a trip through NE in the Fall a few years ago but I haven't ventured up/over there except the once. The Adirondacks look like they might be a little out of your way and, frankly, I don't have much insider info on them. Despite growing up about 20 minutes outside the south eastern border of the Adirondacks, I've never taken so much as a day trip there. This tends to blow people's minds.

I was in Burlington for a wedding and had a great time. If you're into craft beer at all, I can't recommend Heady Topper enough. They don't distribute it nationally, so you can only get it in that area. If you're into it, you'd have to get to the store and get in line, typically before opening, to grab some because they sell out quick.

Depending on the amount of time you have to burn in Burlington, a dinner cruise might not be a bad idea. I had a good time on the one I was on, but it was free for the wedding guests, so I don't know if it's a good value or not. The downtown area is nice to walk at night. The Ben and Jerry's store has every flavor ice cream you could think of.

That's really all I've got for ya. My parents took a trip through NE in the Fall a few years ago but I haven't ventured up/over there except the once. The Adirondacks look like they might be a little out of your way and, frankly, I don't have much insider info on them. Despite growing up about 20 minutes outside the south eastern border of the Adirondacks, I've never taken so much as a day trip there. This tends to blow people's minds.
Yeah we plan on sailing a day out on Lake Champlain. It’ll be chartered though, not like I would know how to do that myself. I’ll definitely look into that beer while I’m there. Can’t decide between staying in a cabin on the lake or just doing an airbnb downtown. They both have their perks but I’m leaning towards staying in town since we might only be there 1 day/night.

I’m pretty excited about this trip. Never been in that part of the country.

Yeah we plan on sailing a day out on Lake Champlain. It’ll be chartered though, not like I would know how to do that myself. I’ll definitely look into that beer while I’m there. Can’t decide between staying in a cabin on the lake or just doing an airbnb downtown. They both have their perks but I’m leaning towards staying in town since we might only be there 1 day/night.

I’m pretty excited about this trip. Never been in that part of the country.

Wait, what? Schooner?

ADVERTISEMENT