ADVERTISEMENT

Plans for this summer?

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
What y'all got?

Nothing too exciting for me. No big vacations or anything.

Lots of drinking, fishing, and golf. Should spend a load of time at the lake. Probably hit a couple concerts around here and Lexington as well.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Haven't figured where we're going yet but we'll go somewhere I would think. We flew out to NYC last summer during 4th of July week. The firework show up there was awesome. May try to go to D.C. I really want to see the Smithsonian. Other than that, working out and seeing what all I can do on a 1GB internet speed is about it :D

Reactions: JimboBBN
Tybee Island for a week (with the kids this time though). We'll probably go to Chattanooga for a few days without the kids. Mainly tons of golf, including more of our local amateur tournaments I think.

Baseball. Travel ball starts Memorial Day weekend & then my son is going to Fort Myers Florida in July for a perfect game showcase.

6le1k2F.gif

Wife and I (and friends) are opening up the summer with Michael Franti at Red Rocks and closing it down w two Pearl Jam shows at Wrigley. In between it will be a lot of baseball w my boys. As they say, the best theee things about teaching are June, July, and August.

Baseball. Travel ball starts Memorial Day weekend & then my son is going to Fort Myers Florida in July for a perfect game showcase.

Sounds like your boy is damn good.

My (just turned) 8-year old passed up on travel this summer, the first he could play. Talked to parent of someone who is playing and they’re playing 71 games! Other friends have told me travel can get to be too much. Uhh yeah, 71 games is just nuts. Saying that, my 8-yr old doesn’t have the sports drive like others, so not a big deal. His 5-yr old brother however, forget about it. Super star. ;)

Wife and I (and friends) are opening up the summer with Michael Franti at Red Rocks and closing it down w two Pearl Jam shows at Wrigley. In between it will be a lot of baseball w my boys. As they say, the best theee things about teaching are June, July, and August.
PJ in chicago never disappoints

Reactions: JimboBBN and 829305
Naples, Florida for a week then a much needed week in Miami, where I won’t be the only person younger than 90 thank God.

Other than that I’ll resume hating life and being incredibly dull.

One of my favorite shows and concert moments...Lollapalooza 2007. During Rockin' in the Free World, Eddie invited the VIP people on the sides on stage and some guy picks up Eddie and puts him on his shoulders. I was like who the **** is thats and then it became holy shit that Dennis ****ing Rodman

4a56d81bdc83bb3460dec46f4143456d.jpg

My (just turned) 8-year old passed up on travel this summer, the first he could play. Talked to parent of someone who is playing and they’re playing 71 games! Other friends have told me travel can get to be too much. Uhh yeah, 71 games is just nuts. Saying that, my 8-yr old doesn’t have the sports drive like others, so not a big deal. His 5-yr old brother however, forget about it. Super star. ;)
He’s 13 & absolutely loves the game. Travel ball can get real expensive as they get older. He started playing when he was 7 but it was mostly BPA tournaments in the state of KY. As he’s gotten older the tournaments get more advanced & farther away.
He’ll play the majority of time in either Southaven Mississippi, Westfield Indiana or East Cobb Georgia this summer. He made his high school varsity team this year, so travel won’t start till Memorial Day weekend.

Reactions: JimboBBN and 829305
What y'all got?

Nothing too exciting for me. No big vacations or anything.

Lots of drinking, fishing, and golf. Should spend a load of time at the lake. Probably hit a couple concerts around here and Lexington as well.

Get the houseboat freshened up in the next week or 2, along with jetski and boat. Then as a tradition, head to the lake for Derby weekend.......after this weekend snow.kbh

Not usually. I’ve seen em a lot, but one of my least favorites was actually Wrigley a few years ago. Three-hour rain delay didn’t help, but worth it to see Ernie Banks come out and do a song w Eddie, before he passed. But disappointment is very rare w them live; nearly every show of theirs I’ve seen (~25) has been phenomenal.

Thank God, cause their albums have sucked for a decade-plus. :(

Congrats on the sex.

Right, and "Condolences about the sex life" to the two, separate, guys getting married.

Colorado - Memorial Day Weekend (sans kids!)
Mizzery - Float Trip in June (2 of our 3 boys and two nieces)
Nebraska - Sometime in July-August (family in Omaha, zoo)
Colorado - Labor Day Weekend (with boys and prob a rando boy)

Two boys in summer baseball, we'll do a few "pro" games in Kansas City, mostly likely one in Denver and loads of gardening/recycling.

Yeah, we just refuse to do travel ball. Heck, last year was the first year I even let him do all stars. It is just too much of the summer considering he does a lot of golf and hunting and with vacations.

This just reminded me, my bff called me yesterday all excited about Bush at RR's this summer..
I tried their website yesterday, but it wsa wonky via tablet. I'll have to try again today.
Hoping it'll align with one of our trips.. like, the one without the kids..

Reactions: 829305 and JimboBBN
Yeah, we just refuse to do travel ball. Heck, last year was the first year I even let him do all stars. It is just too much of the summer considering he does a lot of golf and hunting and with vacations.
It is a lot & it will take up your entire summer. I also know that one day, I’m going to miss the time we spend together. We’ll hit a couple MLB games this summer & we’re planning a trip to Disney Thanksgiving week.

Not usually. I’ve seen em a lot, but one of my least favorites was actually Wrigley a few years ago. Three-hour rain delay didn’t help, but worth it to see Ernie Banks come out and do a song w Eddie, before he passed. But disappointment is very rare w them live; nearly every show of theirs I’ve seen (~25) has been phenomenal.

Thank God, cause their albums have sucked for a decade-plus. :(

Can't Deny Me...

200_d.gif

This will be my first time going, but I do enjoy deep sea fishing, and fishing in general. From the looks of it, the Yucatán looks gorgeous, can’t wait.

Where in Yucatan are you going? Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel?

I recommend doing an excursion if you're into that kinda shit. Especially one that takes you to a cenote (underground freshwater cave). One of the coolest things I've ever done. Rappel down 50ft from a hole in the jungle into the clearest-water-I've-ever-seen. Where the rays of light were shining in, you could see the bottom of the cave like 70ft down under the water.

Kitchen remodel, trip to Italy/Greece, baby making.

What's the plan? I want to do a trip like that this summer too. Have about 300k Chase UR points saved up. Some friends of ours are doing different trips to Europe this summer, but then all are meeting in Greece for a long weekend to end the trip.

ADVERTISEMENT