ADVERTISEMENT

Other Schools Tried to Convince UK Player to Transfer

Darnell Jackson sat out games which I had no issue with. But his family started getting help from that booster when he was in 8th grade and had never played organized basketball. His life was a mess and he was on his way to being a criminal before this guy stepped in. It was pretty well documented at that time and Jackson credits him for helping to turn his life around.

The graduation gifts were said to be less than $50 per guy. It wasn't a "come here and I'll hook you up with some Dre beats in 4 years" type situation, Lol.

No way, dude! K's gonna hook me up with a way cooler CD player than that if I graduate. Pass.

Also, this is your kind of thread @Random UK Fan

source.gif
It’s crazy . . . I lobbed off a post or two this morning and went to work. Came back and this thing has doubled it’s pages! o_O

I’m a bit surprised there hasn’t been more Louisville representation.

If you really think that then you must agree that Kentucky's entire program's accomplishments in the late 1940's and early 1950's should be called into question as well.

Rupp was the head coach at Kentucky during the point shaving scandal of 1951. On October 20, 1951, former Kentucky players Alex Groza, Bill Spivey, Ralph Beard, and Dale Barnstable were arrested for taking bribes from gamblers to shave points during the National Invitation Tournament game against the Loyola Ramblers in the 1948–49 season.[13] This game occurred during the same year that Kentucky won their second straight NCAA title under Rupp.[14] Rupp and the university were criticized by the presiding judge, Saul Streit, for creating an atmosphere for the violations to occur and for "failing in his duty to observe the amateur rules, to build character, and to protect the morals and health of his charges".[15] Rupp denied any knowledge of the point shaving and no evidence was ever brought against him to show he was connected to the incident in any way.[16]

At the conclusion of this scandal, a subsequent NCAA investigation found that Kentucky had committed several rule violations, including giving illegal spending money to players on several occasions, and also allowing some ineligible athletes to compete.[16] As a result, the Southeastern Conference voted to ban Kentucky from competing for a year and the NCAA requested all other basketball-playing members not to schedule Kentucky, with eventually none doing so (this is now known as the "death penalty").[17] Because of these actions, Kentucky was forced to cancel the entire 1952–53 basketball season. Years later, Walter Byers, the first executive director of the NCAA, unofficially referred to this punishment as the first de facto NCAA death penalty, despite the current rule first coming into effect in 1985, thus the NCAA having no such enforcement power previous to that.[18][19] Echoing Mr. Byers' view, the NCAA's official stance is very much the same, as they also state in hindsight, "In effect, it was the Association's first "death penalty," though its enforcement was binding only through constitutional language that required members to compete against only those schools that were compliant with NCAA rules. Despite fears that it would resist, Kentucky accepted the penalty and, in turn, gave the NCAA credibility to enforce its rules.

This is why the Rafters crowd is annoying.

They spew venom and pass judgment on everyone else with this in their history. And it's a massive part of their history in terms of success.

There are scandals under practically all of their coaches. Then you have Pitino and Cal, both tied to scandals at other schools.

They also threw shade at Calipari until the day he was hired.Laughing

Last edited:
Reactions: uncfan in ky

They spew venom and pass judgment on everyone else with this in their history. And it's a massive part of their history in terms of success.

There are scandals under practically all of their coaches. Then you have Pitino and Cal, both tied to scandals at other schools.

RollLaugh You just used Pitino's UL scandal against UK fans.

You may shit on UK fans for being whatever, but seriously, re-read this post alone and say you're somehow better than those Rafter posters.

You couldn't see the forest if it raped you like the movie "Evil Dead"

Reactions: JC for 3

Why would you go to Rafters? I don't and I am a dyed in the wool Kentucky fan.

RollLaugh You just used Pitino's UL scandal against UK fans.

You may shit on UK fans for being whatever, but seriously, re-read this post alone and say you're somehow better than those Rafter posters.

You couldn't see the forest if it raped you like the movie "Evil Dead"

Was trying to avoid lumping other fans in with them, but honestly, a lot of the same bleeds over to this and other boards. Whenever someone is throwing shade regarding violations, it's usually a Kentucky fan. But, of course, if you point out their history, they stomp their feet and kick their dogs.

Was trying to avoid lumping other fans in with them, but honestly, a lot of the same bleeds over to this and other boards. Whenever someone is throwing shade regarding violations, it's usually a Kentucky fan. But, of course, if you point out their history, they stomp their feet and kick their dogs.
Do they?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
YOU said when UK got caught breaking the rules, they fired the coach.
I asked if they fired Rupp & Hall also.
UK nearly got the death penalty due to what supposedly happened under Eddie Sutton, which is nothing compared to what your university got away with.
UK didn’t come close to getting that kind of punishment under Hall and Rupp, but nice try.

Last edited:
I have no problems thinking Cal isn't cheating. I don't think he is either. I just have a problem with UK fans who think Cal is clean but are still dumb enough to F up the whole academic scandal thing.

Only Pitino took 3 different schools to the final 4.
This makes no sense. If you're going to say that Cal's 96 and 2008 Final Four's don’t count, than you can't count Pitino's 12 and 13 final fours, they were vacated too.

Nice troll attempt, that's all you do. Try something different, your schtick is old.

Reactions: Scotty00
I have no problems thinking Cal isn't cheating. I don't think he is either. I just have a problem with UK fans who think Cal is clean but are still dumb enough to F up the whole academic scandal thing.
You and I have had this talk many times. You're lying compadre can't have a simple conversation on here without trolling. Sorry, but comments are going to fly when he comes around.

I've asked him for proof at least a dozen times. His responses have been "go back to your home board" and "provide proof he isn't cheating".

What a shit poster this guy is.

The only reason he’s here is to try and get to people. He’s not even a real Auburn fan.

This makes no sense. If you're going to say that Cal's 96 and 2008 Final Four's don’t count, than you can't count Pitino's 12 and 13 final fours, they were vacated too.

Nice troll attempt, that's all you do. Try something different, your schtick is old.
Actually I didn’t know that UL lost the 2012 final four.
Guess neither one of them have taken 3 different schools to the final 4.

UK nearly got the death penalty due to what supposedly happened under Eddie Sutton, which is nothing compared to what your university got away with.
UK didn’t come close to getting that kind of punishment under Hall and Rupp, but nice try.
Just going by what you said.
You said when UK got caught cheating, they fired the coach.
Obviously, that was wrong, they fired 1 out of 3 cheating coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty00
You and I have had this talk many times. You're lying compadre can't have a simple conversation on here without trolling. Sorry, but comments are going to fly when he comes around.

Oh, I don't care what you say to him. You guys go at it. I'm glad for anyone who cheers for the Heels but he is too obsessed with you guys. He knows this. My only issue with you guys going after him is that you have Scotty, who is basically the same. That's another issue though.

Bring it... I’ve proven you wrong over & over.

Auburn has been closer lately to a title than Kentucky has. Kentucky won’t win another one under cAlipari either
WOW
close to a title

i guess for a school like auburn that is a once in history moment

congrats............i guess

BTW, i think Cal has more FF's at UK then auburn has in it's entire history

Last edited:

I feel the same way about UNc fans who think Cal cheated but the fraud that happened at UNc didn’t happen.

Oh, I don't care what you say to him. You guys go at it. I'm glad for anyone who cheers for the Heels but he is too obsessed with you guys. He knows this. My only issue with you guys going after him is that you have Scotty, who is basically the same. That's another issue though.

Your man crush on me is cute but get over it dude. I give UNc fans hell because of yall’s arrogant fan base that thinks UNc does no wrong. Sugar Tits is ate up with UK and that’s clear to everybody. If you’re to damn dumb to see the difference then maybe you’re on his level. Hell, there are two or three on here that go at UNc more than I do. I just think it’s funny when I get to y’all. Clearly, I get to y’all.

Last edited:
Wah, wah, wah. That’s rich.....

Calicheat.....I mean, Calipari is a victim. The guy that has left two previous programs on probation? And the school that gave us Eddie Sutton and Chris Mills. And Adolf Rupp and the scandal in the 50s and a strong integration supporter....

I think the OP and the rest of the toothless or single tooth UK fans (if you are one of the lucky ones) need to STFU!!!!!!

Wah, wah, wah. That’s rich.....

Calicheat.....I mean, Calipari is a victim. The guy that has left two previous programs on probation? And the school that gave us Eddie Sutton and Chris Mills. And Adolf Rupp and the scandal in the 50s and a strong integration supporter....

I think the OP and the rest of the toothless or single tooth UK fans (if you are one of the lucky ones) need to STFU!!!!!!

historical-tarpon-boca-grande.jpg

Last edited:
Your man crush on me is cute but get over it dude. I give UNc fans hell because of yall’s arrogant fan base that thinks UNc does no wrong. Sugar Tits is ate up with UK and that’s clear to everybody. If you’re to damn dumb to see the difference then maybe you’re on his level. Hell, there are two or three on here that go at UNc more than I do. I just think it’s funny when I get to y’all. Clearly, I get to y’all.

He maybe ate up about UK but you are his equal when it comes to UNC. Both fan bases are arrogant as hell but winning consistently does that.

He maybe ate up about UK but you are his equal when it comes to UNC. Both fan bases are arrogant as hell but winning consistently does that.

I’ll tell you the same thing I told Cory, if you can’t see the difference then you’re on his (sugar tits) level. I don’t start threads just to get attention from UNc fans, I don’t go into every thread trying to get a reaction from UNc fans and I don’t live for this board like he does. I go at him because he’s easy and the dude brings everything he gets on his self! He’s one of the UNc fans that likes to throw shade at every other team and sit there and claim UNc never does wrong! Willie, if I could give you some advice it would be to stop running to the aid of sugar tits every time somebody hurts his feelings because before long, people will start talking about you like they do Cory.

I’ll tell you the same thing I told Cory, if you can’t see the difference then you’re on his (sugar tits) level. I don’t start threads just to get attention from UNc fans, I don’t go into every thread trying to get a reaction from UNc fans and I don’t live for this board like he does. I go at him because he’s easy and the dude brings everything he gets on his self! He’s one of the UNc fans that likes to throw shade at every other team and sit there and claim UNc never does wrong! Willie, if I could give you some advice it would be to stop running to the aid of sugar tits every time somebody hurts his feelings because before long, people will start talking about you like they do Cory.

First of all he is on UK a lot, not gonna deny that and if he’s trolling hard I expect you guys to check him. Also I don’t care what is said about me on a message board, really? No one here has enough game to do that but I will stand by this, you throw shade at UNC then bring up Cal all the time in your argument. UNC wasn’t the only fan base that didn’t think Cal was dirty and I’m sure you know this. Personally I let the past stay in the past till someone brings it up then it’s on.

First of all he is on UK a lot, not gonna deny that and if he’s trolling hard I expect you guys to check him. Also I don’t care what is said about me on a message board, really? No one here has enough game to do that but I will stand by this, you throw shade at UNC then bring up Cal all the time in your argument. UNC wasn’t the only fan base that didn’t think Cal was dirty and I’m sure you know this. Personally I let the past stay in the past till someone brings it up then it’s on.
Let me say this, I can talk shit about UK with the best of them. They make it so easy.
In a lot of threads I’m brought in by being tagged.
Some take this message board stuff waaaaay too serious.
I have NEVER started a thread to get “attention” from UK fans.
Truth is, they see my name & a UNC topic & run like a moth to a flame.
UK fans on here are more obsessed with me than I am UK.

I feel the same way about UNc fans who think Cal cheated but the fraud that happened at UNc didn’t happen.

Sooooo, you don't see how these two things aren't the same do you?

Often the one who is the same obviously doesn't realize it. How can they, right? No one wants to be that person they despise. Having to verbalize over and over a justification for being so worked with another school and fanbase is a pretty clear sign. It is kind of creepy AF at times though.

As for your other post, it is interesting that people are talking about me. I had no idea. Does that also go on in your head or is this a real thing? I'm flattered either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT