ADVERTISEMENT

? for fans of schools other than Kentucky

2 School probations.

Like I said, their fans became dooshnozzels.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
I would replace him with someone that prioritizes UK and not the NBA draft.

Trust me, you would hate it if RB never talked about winning championships at UT and mainly talked about all the players he put in the draft and how much money they make.

The game has changed. It's more physical now, there is far more parity and scoring the ball is at a premium. Cal is struggling with all those things.

If he was such a good coach, he wouldn't have gone 9-16 in 2021, lost to Saint Peters with a NPOY winner and 2 NBA draft picks, wouldn't have such a lopsided record against ranked opponents the last 5 years and would have at least sniffed the sweet 16 with his last 2 teams.

He is notorious for playing stall ball with the lead, it's how he lost the Wisconsin game in 2015 (and many others) and his teams always labor to score.

His style was successful the first half of his tenure, but he got lazy and didn't adapt. He's washed up. I hope he proves me wrong, I want to be wrong, but I'm not.

You don't get to keep me on as a fan when you get the keys to the program and shit on it by putting individuals and the NBA draft ahead of it, lose at historic levels, bark at the fans, then go into hiding to avoid answering questions. Nah, if you're going to do that, you better win.
You make some good points, but maybe he does that NBA stuff with the notion that UK will get the best players available nd he can work with that.

I have listened to Cal speak and he is honest and frank. I like that about him. I like that about you too.

The bottom line is, you said the Bucknell loss happened in 03, like that was ancient past and shouldn't count… .but Tubby, UK could end up with another Tubby, or BCG and OMG, the program would fail. Tubby can only win with Pitino's leftovers blah, blah, blah.

Example: 'Don't talk about Bucknell, Bradley, NIU, or WSU, that's old news, but Tubby and BCG is okay to rail on UK about'.

Never change

You probably should change. Unless you enjoy not making sense.

• Haha
Says the guy that is the king of "look at me" "don't look at me". You hate UK fans, because therer is a large portion of the fanbase that is just like you.

People with teeth who can grasp simple points? I don’t know. I’m starting to think that’s pretty rare.

• Haha
2 School probations.

Like I said, their fans became dooshnozzels.
Calipari was cleared in both cases for a reason.

Look, I'm no Calipari fan, I think he's a fraud and I can't wait until he's gone, but I refuse to put those 2 things on. him, he didn't take money from an agent (Camby) and he didn't direct Rose to have his brother take his SAT.

However, I hate how Cal immediately left Umass and Memphis and watched those.programs get punished from afar.

People with teeth who can grasp simple points? I don’t know. I’m starting to think that’s pretty rare.
So you disagree with my point?

The only thing that seperates you from the UK fans you hate so much, is the school you cheer for.

You're the biggest bitch on this board. You go to RR to hunt for things that bother you, then you come here and cry about what you hunted down. You're just a bitch (fyi, I'm underhand tossing a box of OB tampons in your direction, please put one in while you continue to cry about RR fans)

You make some good points, but maybe he does that NBA stuff with the notion that UK will get the best players available nd he can work with that.

I have listened to Cal speak and he is honest and frank. I like that about him. I like that about you too.
Cal lies a lot actually. he trolls the fanbase quite often. But yeah, when you listen to him, he'a a good dude that truly cares about the kids. I get that, but here's my point, 99% of the UK kids that made it to the NBA, were going there regardless of where they went to school. Those dudes didn't need help, but Cal acts like he's the reason they are there.

Also, when you bring these one-and-one kids in, those kids are going to play, no matter how bad they are, meanwhile, better players sit the bench.

When you run a farm system, it's all about induvidual goals. Yeah, it's great for the kids that are there for one year and are off to the NBA, but it's not a good environment for non one-and-done kids and it sucks as a fan, because those kids don't care about the school, they come there for 1 reason. When you have NBA aspirations, how invested are you going to be in the program? Not very.

Trust me, you would hate it if Barnes turned UT into an NBA farm system.

So you disagree with my point?

The only thing that seperates you from the UK fans you hate so much, is the school you cheer for.

You're the biggest bitch on this board. You go to RR to hunt for things that bother you, then you come here and cry about what you hunted down. You're just a bitch (fyi, I'm underhand tossing a box of OB tampons in your direction, please put one in while you continue to cry about RR fans)

LOL. It's uncanny how often you get it backwards. I don't cry about anything. I couldn't care less about what those idiots are saying and rarely look. I just laugh at apologists like you for claiming that they're not obsessed w/ KU.

Meanwhile, you and your little buddy cry daily about the trauma that my posts have caused you. Posts such as "Kentucky's lucky to have Reeves and Mitchell."

Keep those tampons. You're probably gonna need 'em. 🤣

Cal lies a lot actually. he trolls the fanbase quite often. But yeah, when you listen to him, he'a a good dude that truly cares about the kids. I get that, but here's my point, 99% of the UK kids that made it to the NBA, were going there regardless of where they went to school. Those dudes didn't need help, but Cal acts like he's the reason they are there.

Also, when you bring these one-and-one kids in, those kids are going to play, no matter how bad they are, meanwhile, better players sit the bench.

When you run a farm system, it's all about induvidual goals. Yeah, it's great for the kids that are there for one year and are off to the NBA, but it's not a good environment for non one-and-done kids and it sucks as a fan, because those kids don't care about the school, they come there for 1 reason. When you have NBA aspirations, how invested are you going to be in the program? Not very.

Trust me, you would hate it if Barnes turned UT into an NBA farm system.
You're right, I would hate it if Barnes did that. I wouldn't trade Barnes for any coach out there. I'm not saying he is the best coach out there, but I like him personally and I like the way he builds his teams. He has us competitive every year and CBB is fun.

Unless the player is some kind on once every generation type player the one and dones are that effective because CBB is a team sport more than it is an individual.

i-like-you-cowboy-bebop.gif

LOL. It's uncanny how often you get it backwards. I don't cry about anything. I couldn't care less about what those idiots are saying and rarely look. I just laugh at apologists like you for claiming that they're not obsessed w/ KU.

Meanwhile, you and your little buddy cry daily about the trauma that my posts have caused you. Posts such as "Kentucky's lucky to have Reeves and Mitchell."

Keep those tampons. You're probably gonna need 'em. 🤣
LOL. Yeah, you don't care whst those Rupp Raftards say, but you're here every day jabbering on about it.

Truth is, it bothers you so bad that you can't shut up about it. You go hunting for negative comments about Self and KU, then you cry about what you dig up. It's pretty pathetic behavior if you ask me.

You're right, I would hate it if Barnes did that. I wouldn't trade Barnes for any coach out there. I'm not saying he is the best coach out there, but I like him personally and I like the way he builds his teams. He has us competitive every year and CBB is fun.

Unless the player is some kind on once every generation type player the one and dones are that effective because CBB is a team sport more than it is an individual.
Bingo, bingo, bingo. The only way a freshmen based team is going to get the job done, is if at least one is a generational talent, or if you have multiple transcendent guys.

The issue is, generational talents are rare. I can only think of 4 over the last 25 years (Durant, Carmello, AD and Zion) and only 2 of them won a title (Zion getting injured derailed 2019 duke).

Rick Barnes is great, but he needs to start getting to final 4's and beyond. His teams play tough, physical ball, but they labor to score too often. I thought after the duke win, they had something, but all it takes is one bad game.

But, all these coaches change. Knight, Crumb, Smith, K, Roy, Wooden… ) they all change, some more than others. K and Wooden adapted to the changes well, but Cal, Crumb, Smith etc.. didn't. Cal's dive is especially bad. He refused to adapt and when you add that to his unsustainable one-and-done system, it's a disaster.

If you cared about conference titles, final 4's and national titles, you would not run the system Cal is running with. The system Cal runs, is what you would do if NBA draft pick trophies was the goal.

Rick Barnes is great, but he needs to start getting to final 4's and beyond. His teams play tough, physical ball, but they labor to score too often. I thought after the duke win, they had something, but all it takes is one bad game.

But, all these coaches change. Knight, Crumb, Smith, K, Roy, Wooden… ) they all change, some more than others. K and Wooden adapted to the changes well, but Cal, Crumb, Smith etc.. didn't. Cal's dive is especially bad. He refused to adapt and when you add that to his unsustainable one-and-done system, it's a disaster.

If you cared about conference titles, final 4's and national titles, you would not run the system Cal is running with. The system Cal runs, is what you would do if NBA draft pick trophies was the goal.
Regarding the offense, Barnes brought in some shooters, so we will see how that goes. One could argue that we were set up for a deep run last year (sweet 16), but the loss of Zeigler derailed us for a FF spot. I have never made that argument because it just sounds like an excuse.

UT has it's most talented, experienced and deep team yet under Barnes. We will just have to see how it goes.

Cal does not exclusively rely on one and dones. He has gone to the portal too. I think you're overstating UK's situation calling it a disaster. It is just hard to win the National title and if you don't have some luck you aren't going to do it no matter how good you are.

However, I hate how Cal immediately left Umass and Memphis and watched those.programs get punished from afar.
People always bring this up like he was running from something. He left UMass to be a head coach in the NBA. He left Memphis to be the head coach at Kentucky. Both of those are MASSIVE career upgrades.

Reactions: cdbearde
Regarding the offense, Barnes brought in some shooters, so we will see how that goes. One could argue that we were set up for a deep run last year (sweet 16), but the loss of Zeigler derailed us for a FF spot. I have never made that argument because it just sounds like an excuse.

UT has it's most talented, experienced and deep team yet under Barnes. We will just have to see how it goes.

Cal does not exclusively rely on one and dones. He has gone to the portal too. I think you're overstating UK's situation calling it a disaster. It is just hard to win the National title and if you don't have some luck you aren't going to do it no matter how good you are.
When is Ziegler due back?

People always bring this up like he was running from something. He left UMass to be a head coach in the NBA. He left Memphis to be the head coach at Kentucky. Both of those are MASSIVE career upgrades.
Yeah, I get it, but it was a bad look both times, especially when he told Rose to not respond to the NCAA and just concentrate on his NBA career. Memphis had no choice but to just admit guilt and lose a FF season.

Cal puts each individual kids above the program, even when the kid intentionally screwed up.

So, you married a woman that at least has Orange on her head. I knew you were a cut above most of these UK fans.
Shut up and stay in your lane young lady. 🤣
My wife is brunette but I do have two children that are red heads from my grandma, and if she was still alive she would give you a big hug, because she always had a big heart for the unfortunate. 🤣🤣

Shut up and stay in your lane young lady. 🤣
My wife is brunette but I do have two children that are red heads from my grandma, and if she was still alive she would give you a big hug, because she always had a big heart for the unfortunate. 🤣🤣
Your last sentence proves she loved you. However, if you think she would hug me then obviously she loves the fortunate too.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT