ADVERTISEMENT

OT CBD Oil

KyFaninNC

Mar 14, 2005
Have anyone of you guys used CBD oil for arthritis pain,especially knee pain? If so, would share whether or not it helped?

tenor.gif

No. I use Humira though so if it wasn't for that I would maybe give it a try.

Used it for first time the other day. Same effect as aspirin for me. One thing I did not expect is that I looked in mirror and had bloodshot eyes like I just hit a bong.

Can you give me a link? My dog has had arthritis for like 6 months now and we’ve tried just about everything.

My dog has since passed and I don't remember the brand, but it should be easy for you to find a good one. Lots of articles ranking the best stuff for pets and instructing you how to use. I was told one drop for every 10 lbs. My guy was a big lab so I would give him 8-9 drops in his food although I don't remember if it was once per day or twice.

You should do it right away, it really did make a noticeable difference with both his arthritis and his senior anxiety.

Reactions: HRTheCard
My dog has since passed and I don't remember the brand, but it should be easy for you to find a good one. Lots of articles ranking the best stuff for pets and instructing you how to use. I was told one drop for every 10 lbs. My guy was a big lab so I would give him 8-9 drops in his food although I don't remember if it was once per day or twice.

You should do it right away, it really did make a noticeable difference with both his arthritis and his senior anxiety.
Since this thread, I have since talked to my co-worker about it and he said the anxiety goes away almost immediately, however, it took a couple of weeks before it started helping with the arthritis. He did say his dog started acting/moving around like he was 5 years younger and absolutely swears by it.

I've got some CBD oil from Green Roads (highest rated online place that I could find a few months ago), and maybe I should put some of that with my dogs food as well. She's pushing 12 years old, lab/aussie mix, and struggles to get off her blanket in the morning, has to sit on her hip instead of straight down, etc.

Poor dog - still plays like a pup on the rare ocassion, and still has nothing but good days. We can just tell she is sore - Vet said arthritis.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I've got some CBD oil from Green Roads (highest rated online place that I could find a few months ago), and maybe I should put some of that with my dogs food as well. She's pushing 12 years old, lab/aussie mix, and struggles to get off her blanket in the morning, has to sit on her hip instead of straight down, etc.

Poor dog - still plays like a pup on the rare ocassion, and still has nothing but good days. We can just tell she is sore - Vet said arthritis.

dude, definitely start on the CBD today for your dog. My guy was 12 when I put him on it and he also used to have trouble getting up and walked with a limp till he got loose. After a couple weeks on the CBD he stopped limping altogether and moved around ALOT better.

dude, definitely start on the CBD today for your dog. My guy was 12 when I put him on it and he also used to have trouble getting up and walked with a limp till he got loose. After a couple weeks on the CBD he stopped limping altogether and moved around ALOT better.

Does any CBD oil work?

Does any CBD oil work?

I just ordered some Coconut Oil Infused with CBD for Dogs off amazon. I read about that one specifically and it's supposedly really healthy for the dog. I don't know how well it will work though because my dog won't even put his back leg down. He just uses 3 of them. I hope he gets back to all 4 because all it's going to do is start hurting his other back leg with all the pressure.

Amazon product ASIN B07H45M1GZ

I just ordered some Coconut Oil Infused with CBD for Dogs off amazon. I read about that one specifically and it's supposedly really healthy for the dog. I don't know how well it will work though because my dog won't even put his back leg down. He just uses 3 of them. I hope he gets back to all 4 because all it's going to do is start hurting his other back leg with all the pressure.

Mine three wheels it here and there, typically after we make trips out to the farm and she has a day of running around and being outside nonstop. It can take two or three days for her to put any pressure on it.

I suppose I'll do some research on the product that I have in my possession to see if it would work for dogs or not.

Thanks everyone!

Just don't feed it to him like you do peanut butter.

It seems to help my 15 year old dog who is turning 16 on Sunday. Only started giving it to her in last 6 months. But it has helped for sure with her comfort level with her hips.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Should I mix it into PB
I'm sorry guy. I was making a joke with peanut butter. I don't know anything about it, I just know a guy talk about how great it was. Call a vet, or google it. Again, I just know a guy that swears by it. He's currently giving it to his cat as well.

Note: I read somewhere Vets are not allowed to prescribe CBD.

Lazarus Naturals gives vets a 60% discount, BTW. Even without that it's one of the most economical and highly rated brands.

I'm sorry guy. I was making a joke with peanut butter. I don't know anything about it, I just know a guy talk about how great it was. Call a vet, or google it. Again, I just know a guy that swears by it. He's currently giving it to his cat as well.

Note: I read somewhere Vets are not allowed to prescribe CBD.

I think the only reason why Vets can't yet is because it's fairly new and not FDA approved. However, it has shown improvement from all the reviews I've seen. Just taken a couple weeks for the arthritis like you said. I also thought you were being serious lol.

I think the only reason why Vets can't yet is because it's fairly new and not FDA approved. However, it has shown improvement from all the reviews I've seen. Just taken a couple weeks for the arthritis like you said. I also thought you were being serious lol.

I was up until the peanut butter post. My bad. My wife says I make the worst jokes with the worst timing. She once told me I was a mean Michael Scott.

I may mess with ppl here, but I'd never mess with their with their pets. I have a 15 year old cat that has slowed down a great deal, I'm thinking about turning him into a guinea pig.I'd love to see him move around much better.

Last edited:
It's kind of odd Vets can't prescribe CBD being it's Federally legal in every state.

Great thread btw, I hope pets everywhere benefit.

@sound slave does your small dogs ever get arthritis? I'm sure they have anxiety.

It's kind of odd Vets can't prescribe CBD being it's Federally legal in every state.

Great thread btw, I hope pets everywhere benefit.

@sound slave does your small dogs ever get arthritis? I'm sure they have anxiety.
DEA still classifies it as a schedule 1 controlled substance. It has been legalized at the state levels for human consumption though. So being that it's OTC and anyone can get it for themselves or their dog, you wouldn't need a prescription anyway.

I vape cbd 500mg cartridges I have Lemon Kush, Grape Ape, Strawberry Kush. I actually prefer it over THC.

It's a great substitute without the foggy head feeling of pot. You can find the right dosage for anything. My mother gives cbd treats to her 135lb lab who is 12 years old and it made a 180 degree difference in his arthritis. My ex girlfriend put her 14 yo daughter on a drop that goes under the tounge. She was failing school, no social life, not taking care of herself or "chores" around the house. She has done a complete 180 too after being on a multitude of pills.

It's a tremendous medicine and not some kind of snake oil.

I currently take Magnesium, Tumeric, and MSN supplements. I started this thread wondering if CBD would work well enough to replace the supplements. I have since found out it works well with dogs. :)

Have anyone of you guys used CBD oil for arthritis pain,especially knee pain? If so, would share whether or not it helped?

I use CBD oil to help me sleep. I’m not sure if it has any effect at all.

I also have arthritis and I don’t notice any effect on that.

Medications do work differently on dogs though.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT