ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NFL general discussion thread

If Lamar wants $250M guaranteed, does Joey B want $300M ? :p
$1 Billion

austinpowers-drevil.gif

High ankle sprains don't get better in. a few days, so if he is to play, he will have to deaden that area and that alone will affect his mobility. I like the Bengals

Great last play there for the Cowboys..... but how about the same exact lineup, but no lineman at all. Obviously you have to have linemen, but the QB and the hands team. All WR's or TE's, etc... So you have 11 people that could theoretically run, catch, whatever after the initial pass.

I felt a lot better about it before the high ankle sprain.

****ing figures…
You shouldn't, he's been perfectly healthy the last three times and the last and most important we didn't go down 3 touchdowns. bet the Bengals heavy, LET'S ****ING GO!!!!

You shouldn't, he's been perfectly healthy the last three times and the last and most important we didn't go down 3 touchdowns. bet the Bengals heavy, LET'S ****ING GO!!!!

Did you bet heavy on the Browns the last time they played Cincinnati? They had won 4 straight including two blowouts.

I just went back and read the first page of this thread. It was funny based on what we know now.

Reactions: tw3301
aab.jpg

God one of those fvcking losers
Naaaaah. My grandparents were Reds/Bengals ticket holders. Went to their games for as long as I can remember. When the Colts came to Indy, gramps took me to their home opener----got beat 23-14. Gramps "worked" for a bookie, and done some himself.....He knew some guys apparently, and got some field access. I got an autograph from Art Schlichter, who come to find out years later, actually laid $$$ with my grandfather. Huge gambler.

Anyways, that day was the coolest fukin day of my life....So hey, I started rooting for the Colts.

Ahh....nothing like a little bulletin board material. These cocky ****s might be in for a rude awakening.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Deebo has been talking shit to Micah Parsons, but at least he waited till after the game was played.

Burrowhead is kind of funny, though

Ahh....nothing like a little bulletin board material. These cocky ****s might be in for a rude awakening.

Given you're in a conference championship game, you shouldn't really need bulletin board material to be fired up and motivated.

If the Chiefs win on Sunday, its because their defense was able to stifle Burrow and force some turnovers plus Mahomes playing close to his normal self and being efficient.

It won't have anything to do with trash talk.

Given you're in a conference championship game, you shouldn't really need bulletin board material to be fired up and motivated.

If the Chiefs win on Sunday, its because their defense was able to stifle Burrow and force some turnovers plus Mahomes playing close to his normal self and being efficient.

It won't have anything to do with trash talk.

Everybody says this and yet there's virtually always an extra gear that you can shift into. How many players do you think are truly going 100% on every snap? Conference title game or no, probably not many. That was already evident the other night. Mahomes was under a lot of pressure before the injury. Post-injury, he wasn't touched. The OL played with far more urgency and intensity for the rest of the night.

KC will absolutely be more fired up to beat a cocky team that's won three straight than they would have a Buffalo team that they knocked out of the playoffs two years in a row.

But the biggest issue will be Mahomes' ankle. I'm hearing some good things on that front, but who knows. I highly doubt that he'll have the usual mobility.

Everybody says this and yet there's virtually always an extra gear that you can shift into. How many players do you think are truly going 100% on every snap? Conference title game or no, probably not many. That was already evident the other night. Mahomes was under a lot of pressure before the injury. Post-injury, he wasn't touched. The OL played with far more urgency and intensity for the rest of the night.

KC will absolutely be more fired up to beat a cocky team that's won three straight than they would have a Buffalo team that they knocked out of the playoffs two years in a row.

But the biggest issue will be Mahomes' ankle. I'm hearing some good things on that front, but who knows. I highly doubt that he'll have the usual mobility.
I just was never sold on this Chiefs roster. Their WRs are average to bad, their linebackers are mediocre and their secondary sucks.

Their D-Line is good but Frank Clark and Chris Jones seem to disappear in the biggest games.

Chiefs can be as fired up as they want to at home but the Bengals are playing with a lot of swagger and Burrow is never fazed.

I think Mahomes will play well but Kelce is his only reliable weapon right now and the Bengals won't let him just pepper him 20 times like the Jags did.

I just was never sold on this Chiefs roster. Their WRs are average to bad, their linebackers are mediocre and their secondary sucks.

Their D-Line is good but Frank Clark and Chris Jones seem to disappear in the biggest games.

Chiefs can be as fired up as they want to at home but the Bengals are playing with a lot of swagger and Burrow is never fazed.

I think Mahomes will play well but Kelce is his only reliable weapon right now and the Bengals won't let him just pepper him 20 times like the Jags did.

Secondary sucks? Sneed and McDuffie are really solid corners. It's the linebackers who get abused in the passing game at times.

You make it sound like they have a below average offense. KC is #1 in PPG, yards per game (by a lot) and points per play. They seem to have done okay without a superstar receiver.

In Cincinnati, the Chiefs only punted once. They were controlling the game until the fumble by Kelce.

Obviously, I'm worried about KC's ability to slow down the Bengals offense, but Arrowhead might help. Even though they lost there last year, the defense had much more success than the game in Cincinnati. It was the offense that shit the bed by only scoring a FG in the 2nd half. The OL injuries could be a factor too.

You make it sound like the Bengals have beaten every opponent by 30. They were great vs the Bills, but a week earlier they were a goal line fumble away from losing to Tyler Huntley at home. They're not an unstoppable juggernaut.

You make it sound like the Bengals have beaten every opponent by 30. They were great vs the Bills, but a week earlier they were a goal line fumble away from losing to Tyler Huntley at home. They're not an unstoppable juggernaut.
I don't think that the Bengals are some unstoppable juggernaut but the Ravens have a better defense than the Chiefs and are a divisional opponent who are familiar with the Bengals so it makes sense that was a tighter game.

The Bengals just match up so well with the Chiefs. A potentially hobbled Mahomes has a tough task on his hands dealing with a Lou Anarumo defense that schemes well against him to begin with. You run game will be a big X factor to see if you can stay ahead of schedule.

I loved hearing all last week how SF hasn't faced a team like Dallas and Purdy hasn't been challenged like he would be against Dallas. Then hearing about how Dallas lost, not how the 49ers won. Now hearing that SF still hasn't beaten anyone great and the Eagles will be their biggest challenge. Which may be true. But the Eagles haven't beaten anyone great and the 49ers will be thejr biggest challenge.

The 49ers are 5-1 against common opponents. The Easgles are 4-3. The 49ers have outscored those same opponents by 101 points where the Eagles have a 6 point differential, even having played an extra game. Is their best win vs Dallas?

I do think the edge goes to Philly and the 49ers have their work cut out for them, but the talking heads are acting like SF shouldn't even bother making the trip.

Reactions: bignish
Secondary sucks? Sneed and McDuffie are really solid corners. It's the linebackers who get abused in the passing game at times.

You make it sound like they have a below average offense. KC is #1 in PPG, yards per game (by a lot) and points per play. They seem to have done okay without a superstar receiver.

In Cincinnati, the Chiefs only punted once. They were controlling the game until the fumble by Kelce.

Obviously, I'm worried about KC's ability to slow down the Bengals offense, but Arrowhead might help. Even though they lost there last year, the defense had much more success than the game in Cincinnati. It was the offense that shit the bed by only scoring a FG in the 2nd half. The OL injuries could be a factor too.

I don't know about controlling the game in Cincy, the Bengals were up at halftime. The Chiefs had a great 3rd quarter then didn't score at all in the 4th. It will be a good game regardless, despite everyone blowing the Bills I had this as the AFC championship game for about a month. All 3 previous games have been decided by a field goal, whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game IMO.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I don't think that the Bengals are some unstoppable juggernaut but the Ravens have a better defense than the Chiefs and are a divisional opponent who are familiar with the Bengals so it makes sense that was a tighter game.

The Bengals just match up so well with the Chiefs. A potentially hobbled Mahomes has a tough task on his hands dealing with a Lou Anarumo defense that schemes well against him to begin with. You run game will be a big X factor to see if you can stay ahead of schedule.

I'm not sure they currently match up as well as you think. Missing 60% of their OL vs a team that was 2nd in the league in QB pressures and led the league in QB hits isn't ideal.

Also, Cincinnati has the worst defense in the league vs. 13 personnel. KC is the number 1 offense in 13 personnel in 2022. Pass or rushing.

I'm not sure they currently match up as well as you think. Missing 60% of their OL vs a team that was 2nd in the league in QB pressures and led the league in QB hits isn't ideal.

Also, Cincinnati has the worst defense in the league vs. 13 personnel. KC is the number 1 offense in 13 personnel in 2022. Pass or rushing.
So the same O line they had last year when they won twice and the same defense they had this year when they won. This is a pretty wild homer take but...

good-point-though.gif

So the same O line they had last year when they won twice and the same defense they had this year when they won. This is a pretty wild homer take but...

good-point-though.gif

Is it going to be the exact same 5 as last year?

Regardless, the Chiefs weren't 1st and 2nd in those categories last year. They also weren't as strong in 13 personnel last year and had no run game.

And if the Bengals were such an awful matchup for the Chiefs, they probably wouldn't have been down big twice or needed a late fumble to win the last one.

Is it going to be the exact same 5 as last year?

Regardless, the Chiefs weren't 1st and 2nd in those categories last year. They also weren't as strong in 13 personnel last year and had no run game.

And if the Bengals were such an awful matchup for the Chiefs, they probably wouldn't have been down big twice or needed a late fumble to win the last one.
Probably wouldn't have won the last 3 times either. We may lose this game, everyone thinks we will... But we haven't before.if you're actually confident then hats off to you because I'm not and we have won the past 3 games. Good luck to you, regardless the winner better win the super bowl or I'm going to be pissed.

Probably wouldn't have won the last 3 times either. We may lose this game, everyone thinks we will... But we haven't before.if you're actually confident then hats off to you because I'm not and we have won the past 3 games. Good luck to you, regardless the winner better win the super bowl or I'm going to be pissed.

Most are picking the Bengals actually. Plus most of the money has been on Cincinnati.

I’m not terribly confident, especially with Kelce suddenly being listed as questionable with a back issue. And even though Mahomes has been a full participant in practice, who knows how well he’ll be able to move.

I do think they’re extra motivated, and I like that they’re going to have several players available who weren’t the first time. Plus a defense that’s improved since then. But that won’t matter if Mahomes and Kelce aren’t close to their normal selves.

ADVERTISEMENT