ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NFL general discussion thread

What a tough season for Brady. He unretired and came back to a team that sucks and will be lucky to make the playoffs, and now marriage is coming to an end. If I were him, I’d have chosen family over career when I am already at the age to retire. Dude is just so addicted to football, which is probably why he is the GOAT.

What a tough season for Brady. He unretired and came back to a team that sucks and will be lucky to make the playoffs, and now marriage is coming to an end. If I were him, I’d have chosen family over career when I am already at the age to retire. Dude is just so addicted to football, which is probably why he is the GOAT.

His record for Super Bowl victories might never be broken, but he's not the greatest QB of all time. Just like Bill Russell isn't the NBA GOAT.

Half the 49ers defense is out today. No Juszczyk or Samuel on offense. A shit coach that is good enough not to get fired holding the offense back. I feel bad for McCaffery, really.

Half the 49ers defense is out today. No Juszczyk or Samuel on offense. A shit coach that is good enough not to get fired holding the offense back. I feel bad for McCaffery, really.
Ravens knew a little bit about injuries last season- sucks...

Reactions: GhostOf301
Ravens knew a little bit about injuries last season- sucks...
*4 years running. Niners got lucky last year and got a lot of players back in time to save their season. The Ravens did have a shit ton of injuries last year.

The 49ers have a lot of players on both sides that are Really good when on the field. But miss a lot of games. It really has destroyed their chances of putting something together worth remembering.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
*4 years running. Niners got lucky last year and got a lot of players back in time to save their season. The Ravens did have a shit ton of injuries last year.

The 49ers have a lot of players on both sides that are Really good when on the field. But miss a lot of games. It really has destroyed their chances of putting something together worth remembering.
Oh def- I should have added in my previous post, the past couple of seasons collectively, tough to pick someone with worse luck than San Fran...

CA23-BF5-B-2670-4-B7-F-9618-3-C1-B8-D671-C2-A.jpg

I'm thinking either the Raiders or Broncos slip in ahead of Miami. Or possibly the Colts.

I don't think very highly of Tua.
I think that's gas you're feeling. Tua and the Dolphins are as hot as any other team you can name.

I think that's gas you're feeling. Tua and the Dolphins are as hot as any other team you can name.
He’s been better than I expected. He looked awful at times last year.

Then again, a duo like Hill and Waddle could make a lot of QBs look good.

He’s been better than I expected. He looked awful at times last year.

Then again, a duo like Hill and Waddle could make a lot of QBs look good.
You can say Tuas and Miami s success ia because of their receivers, but you can say that about a ton of great qbs over the years. They still have to make the throws, and Tuas accuracy has been stellar.

Seeing Detroit in 2nd place in the NFC north is pretty hilarious. Especially seeing how they aren't 2nd to the Packers.

49ers vs Dolphins is a high drama game. So many former 49ers on the Dolphins, including their coach. Garoppolo out with an ankle/foot injury. But the defense holding strong combined with some shooting self in foot plays by the Dolphins. And Purdy has two touchdowns! Fun game.

Can Vegas get to 10-7? Good schedule coming up until the Jan1st game vs 49ers...

Jimmy G out for the year. Have to imagine that takes the 49ers out of any serious consideration for being contenders in the NFC.

Two surprising QB moves for the 49ers. Well, the Garoppolo one isn't that surprising. But restructuring G's contract to keep him on the roster making less than Lance means that they will have a great backup QB for the meantime. It also means his contract won't be as much of a turnoff for a potential trading partner down the road.

The other is Mr Irrelevant. The final pick of the 2022 draft, Brock Purdy out of Iowa State played his way onto the final roster.

Told you my Vikings were fake juice.
Split the season series with the Lions for the 2nd straight year.

Just lose out Minnesota and get ready for the draft. 🤬

Crazy thing is that Minnesota is 10-3 and will likely be the 2 seed in the playoffs. But have allowed more points than they have scored. Despite having 7 more wins than losses.

Crazy thing is that Minnesota is 10-3 and will likely be the 2 seed in the playoffs. But have allowed more points than they have scored. Despite having 7 more wins than losses.
Yeah, it's pretty wild. 9 of their 10 wins were 1-score games. They've been lucky to win so many close games and their record is definitely not indicative of how good they are. They have beaten up on a lot of bad teams, although they did beat the Bills. Their opponents' combined winning percentage is 38%, 3rd worst in the league.

Any team with Justin Jefferson on the roster shouldn't be taken lightly. I think he's the best in the league and it may not be close.

Any team with Justin Jefferson on the roster shouldn't be taken lightly. I think he's the best in the league and it may not be close.
He's really good, but don't agree that it may not be close. The Vikings are finally starting to use him in the slot a lot more now, which is smart. Chase, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Kupp, and several others are at that level. Some of those guys have been hindered by injuries this year though.

He's really good, but don't agree that it may not be close. The Vikings are finally starting to use him in the slot a lot more now, which is smart. Chase, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Kupp, and several others are at that level. Some of those guys have been hindered by injuries this year though.

Yeah, I take that back, but imagine if he had the benefit of a truly elite QB (like Chase and Diggs), and if he shared the field with another elite WR like Waddle or Higgins. He'd be completely unstoppable. As is, he still might break 2000 yds.

AJ Brown is up there too. Look how shitty the Titans offense became without him.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yeah, I take that back, but imagine if he had the benefit of a truly elite QB (like Chase and Diggs), and if he shared the field with another elite WR like Waddle or Higgins. He'd be completely unstoppable. As is, he still might break 2000 yds.

AJ Brown is up there too. Look how shitty the Titans offense became without him.
He is a beast and it's a shame he has Cousins throwing to him. Theilen is still pretty damn good too but Jefferson has been the beneficiary of leading the league in targets this season. Brown is finally getting a chance to show what he can do as part of a capable offense and is making Hurts look like a better QB than he is in the process.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
There might not be the unquestioned best WR of this era, but this may be the best era of WRs as a group there has been. There are a lot of top tier WRs playing today and they all have their own talents that put them in that tier. If I were to take 3 receivers and turn them into 1, I think I would go with the strength and physicality of Deebo, the speed of Hill and the instincts of Kupp.

There might not be the unquestioned best WR of this era, but this may be the best era of WRs as a group there has been. There are a lot of top tier WRs playing today and they all have their own talents that put them in that tier. If I were to take 3 receivers and turn them into 1, I think I would go with the strength and physicality of Deebo, the speed of Hill and the instincts of Kupp.
I might swap Deebo for Metcalf and take the same guy. 😁

Apparently if you tackle the quarterback cleanly, but he happens to hit helmet to helmet with his own teammate, that's roughing the passer.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Apparently if you tackle the quarterback cleanly, but he happens to hit helmet to helmet with his own teammate, that's roughing the passer.
The call on Bosa that brought back a pick 6? Yeah, that may have been the weakest call yet this year. Pissed me off too since I have the over.

That said. Niners have gone from 3-4 to 10-4. With 3 of their losses coming from the bottom of the league. Lol.

BCB makes huge plays. Like MJ was being held back by Dean Smith, BCB is being held back by Kyle Shanahan.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT