ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NFL season general discussion thread

My dad for years has talked shit about Mike Brown being a cheap owner. I didn't realize it was that known of a thing until I hear a few guys from Fox sports talk about how he's been the cheapest owner in professional sports, not just pro football. But I do agree, people are going to want to play with Joe Burrow.
A lot of their studs are still on rookie contracts so that has really kept the payroll down. Once those guys get to their second contracts they will command a lot more money. Bates, for example, makes $1.2 million a year. His value in free agency will be around $14-15 million. They will have to spend money to stay relevant.

A lot of their studs are still on rookie contracts so that has really kept the payroll down. Once those guys get to their second contracts they will command a lot more money. Bates, for example, makes $1.2 million a year. His value in free agency will be around $14-15 million. They will have to spend money to stay relevant.

Cutting Waynes + Hopkins will save the Bengals like 20m. Should be enough to give Bates a huge deal and find a lineman or 11 to protect Burrow.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
You guys got the hardest piece figured out with the QB. The coach is another story. But also this is uncharted territory for this group, you are now going from hunter to hunted. It’s figuratively easy to build a team with top 5 draft picks, now you got to keep the momentum going while drafting at the back of every round. The time to strike is now though with the Steelers in a possible rebuild and the browns doing their usual bed shitting.

Cutting Waynes + Hopkins will save the Bengals like 20m. Should be enough to give Bates a huge deal and find a lineman or 11 to protect Burrow.
Waynes ended up being a nightmare signing. Even when dude was healthy he couldn't get on the field.

Waynes ended up being a nightmare signing. Even when dude was healthy he couldn't get on the field.

Should have played him instead of Apple. Apple was one of the reasons they lost. He was CB4 for a reason.

Should have played him instead of Apple. Apple was one of the reasons they lost. He was CB4 for a reason.
Bates is the only guy in the secondary worth a shit, really. All their corners are garbage. Secondary should be priority #2 behind OL and that starts with re-signing Bates. The rest can kick rocks.

Reactions: tw3301
My dad for years has talked shit about Mike Brown being a cheap owner. I didn't realize it was that known of a thing until I hear a few guys from Fox sports talk about how he's been the cheapest owner in professional sports, not just pro football. But I do agree, people are going to want to play with Joe Burrow.
Every other NFL team is owned by billionaires that wanted an NFL franchise, the Browns get all their money from the Bengals. The NFL had to actually pass rules in order to get them to spend money due to the revenue share.

I could almost see it from my neighborhood. Riverfront was such a dump. 😆 Everything down there looks so much better now.
We did our last corporate leadership meeting at the Great American Ballpark in 2020, literally the day after we finished the lockdown went into effect. My corporate office is in Michigan so this was a big deal for the few of us from Ohio. They cleaned up that area so much.

Yup and its still a couple years out but they are gonna have to break the bank for burrow one year then chase the next as well. Their window is def open now with all those atuds on rookie contracts, we will see when they have to navigaye paying everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT