ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe...

Weingarten giving Illinois the lead for Oscar at the moment. Gonna be hard to keep it after he visits elsewhere.

OT is a different situation than PP was.
Yep, Patterson was actually from West Virginia while Oscar is actually from Africa. Gonna be entertaining to see Eer fans throw a fit after he commits to UK soon.

Yep, Patterson was actually from West Virginia while Oscar is actually from Africa. Gonna be entertaining to see Eer fans throw a fit after he commits to UK soon.
Funny thing is Huntington WV should be an extension of Kentucky. Those kids down there get brainwashed early to hate Morgantown and WVU. Also Lexington to Huntington 1 hour away. Morgantown to Huntington 3 1/2 hours. Oscar will be a Mountaineer

Funny thing is Huntington WV should be an extension of Kentucky. Those kids down there get brainwashed early to hate Morgantown and WVU. Also Lexington to Huntington 1 hour away. Morgantown to Huntington 3 1/2 hours. Oscar will be a Mountaineer
Oscar told our staff he wants to be the man in the post. I think UK is going to find out that not prioritizing him above other post players is going to hurt them in this.

Oscar told our staff he wants to be the man in the post. I think UK is going to find out that not prioritizing him above other post players is going to hurt them in this.
Yeah, if only John Calipari would figure this darn recruiting thing out.
BTW, how do you know what Oscar told Illinois' coaching staff? Coaches aren't allowed to talk about a recruit, so I'm interested to know how you got this information.
My take, I think he's West Virginia's to lose.

Yeah, if only John Calipari would figure this darn recruiting thing out.
BTW, how do you know what Oscar told Illinois' coaching staff? Coaches aren't allowed to talk about a recruit, so I'm interested to know how you got this information.
My take, I think he's West Virginia's to lose.
If only there was a website that relayed the things a recruit says to the coaches to the fans! I might even go as far as to pay ten dollars a month for a service like that. If only.

If only there was a website that relayed the things a recruit says to the coaches to the fans! I might even go as far as to pay ten dollars a month for a service like that. If only.
Well, good luck, maybe the ball will bounce the right way for Illinois for once, probably won't, but good luck.

Well, good luck, maybe the ball will bounce the right way for Illinois for once, probably won't, but good luck.
I think WV has the best chance. Illinois did a fantastic job on his visit. I think we have the lead at the moment from what he told our guys, but it's far from over.

It’s been down to UK and West Virginia for a month or so. Illinois never was and never will be in contention to land him.

Stewart visiting this weekend too? Don't think that's ideal for a kid that wants to be the priority.

Stewart visiting this weekend too? Don't think that's ideal for a kid that wants to be the priority.
They're likely gonna need to replace 4 bigs next year: Reid and Washington for certain, Richards and Montgomery more than likely. One big body ain't gonna cut it.

Kev i think Cal wants 3 top ranked and 1 semi project
Well whatever happens with Stewart and Tshiebwe I think it's brilliant to get them on campus together. They are the same size, undersized centers. 1) You get them to build a rapport with each other and convince them they can both eat as much cake as they want. Increase your chances of landing both. Or 2) Maybe they realize they can't play together for whatever reason and perhaps it forces the hand of one to commit because he doesn't want the other guy taking his spot. I can't really see the negative of getting them both on campus at the same time. It sounds to me like Stewart is very enamored with UK at this point.

Well whatever happens with Stewart and Tshiebwe I think it's brilliant to get them on campus together. They are the same size, undersized centers. 1) You get them to build a rapport with each other and convince them they can both eat as much cake as they want. Increase your chances of landing both. Or 2) Maybe they realize they can't play together for whatever reason and perhaps it forces the hand of one to commit because he doesn't want the other guy taking his spot. I can't really see the negative of getting them both on campus at the same time. It sounds to me like Stewart is very enamored with UK at this point.
I'd just love to see them play pick up with Washington and Travis.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I think WV has the best chance. Illinois did a fantastic job on his visit. I think we have the lead at the moment from what he told our guys, but it's far from over.

Not trying to be a dick. But there is absolutely zero shot illinois leads for oscar.

99.99% wvu
00.01% uk
0% everybody else

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyBoucheer

Huggs was out of coaching during most of Patterson's recruitment. Didn't recruit him to k-state or wvu. Only got to wvu weeks before PP signed with UK.

He's been recruiting Oscar since the 9th grade. First to offer him. Pretty much hand picked the high schools he attended and the host family he lives with.

By the way... Huggs would have signed Patterson, Mayo, and Walker (all 5 star Huntington, wv kids) if he would have stayed at cincy.

Not trying to be a dick. But there is absolutely zero shot illinois leads for oscar.

99.99% wvu
00.01% uk
0% everybody else

From what he and his guardian told our staff, I think we have it at the moment. He really likes the sell that Orlando Antigua gave him on the bigs he developed while at UK. He had a really good visit. Will it last? Probably not.

Also, your percentages: Laughing

Huggs was out of coaching during most of Patterson's recruitment. Didn't recruit him to k-state or wvu. Only got to wvu weeks before PP signed with UK.

He's been recruiting Oscar since the 9th grade. First to offer him. Pretty much hand picked the high schools he attended and the host family he lives with.

By the way... Huggs would have signed Patterson, Mayo, and Walker (all 5 star Huntington, wv kids) if he would have stayed at cincy.
Nothing noteworthy, but I sold Mayo's family 3 cars when he lived in Kentucky.

Reactions: Hank_ and doogie503
From what he and his guardian told our staff, I think we have it at the moment. He really likes the sell that Orlando Antigua gave him on the bigs he developed while at UK. He had a really good visit. Will it last? Probably not.

Also, your percentages: Laughing

0% chance any of that is true. Lol

0% chance any of that is true. Lol
100% chance this is wishful thinking. If what he told our staff is false, then WVU probably doesn't have a shot in hell, and the reasons he liked our visit won't matter for you.

UK: 100%
Everyone else: 0%

He was born in huntington.

Mayo and Bill Walker moved to cincy and played at north college hill.

Mayo might have lived in ashland for a minute too, but that's basically Huntington.
Yeah,I didn't realize he was born in WV. I used to manage Don Franklins first store back in the day, and one of our salesmen would radio broadcast HS games. He brought them in and paid cash for 3 cars. No check,cash.

100% chance this is wishful thinking. If what he told our staff is false, then WVU probably doesn't have a shot in hell, and the reasons he liked our visit won't matter for you.

UK: 100%
Everyone else: 0%

SmokinSmile ok

ADVERTISEMENT