ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State vs Texas game thread

Cade is a monster. Texas has a few boneheads, but potential to go deep in the tourney.

First Big 12 tournament title for Shaka Smart, hes as good as anyone else when he has a team talented enough for AP top 10-15.

Basketball is weird...

Usually players are close with their coaches.
You would think players who.plaued under Rick Barnes wouldn't have Shaka's back.

But they do. A lot of them fully support Shaka.
Why would former players, under a former coach, not like/root/support the current coach? There's nothing odd about them doing so...Former players support new coaches all the time..

Not sure why you think guys who played for Barnes, wouldn't support Shaka? Its not like it was some nasty divorce....Texas firing Barnes, and replacing him with Shaka....Etc, etc...

You come up with some weird shit----You by chance friends with Walton?

Why would former players, under a former coach, not like/root/support the current coach? There's nothing odd about them doing so...Former players support new coaches all the time..

Not sure why you think guys who played for Barnes, wouldn't support Shaka? Its not like it was some nasty divorce....Texas firing Barnes, and replacing him with Shaka....Etc, etc...

Basketball is a family..
Coach is Daddy. More than any sport operates like this.

Difficult to fully back another man. This is why often times why players follow their coach and not the program itself.

There is that belief with Shaka so you had players who played for other coaches at Texas having his back like he was their own coach.

Basketball is a family..
Coach is Daddy. More than any sport operates like this.

Difficult to fully back another man. This is why often times why players follow their coach and not the program itself.

There is that belief with Shaka so you had players who played for other coaches at Texas having his back like he was their own coach.
Players support coaches----No doubt. They also support programs. There was no nasty divorce with Barnes/Texas. Not sure why you think guys who played under Barnes, wouldn't support TX/Shaka? Its not like Shaka has former Barnes kids, or something....

You are giving weird examples, different scenario's---Basically par for the course(with you)....You think former Roy Williams guys at Kansas, don't have Bill Self's back? Or care about Kansas?

JFC.....WTF are you on?

Players support coaches----No doubt. They also support programs. There was no nasty divorce with Barnes/Texas. Not sure why you think guys who played under Barnes, wouldn't support TX/Shaka? Its not like Shaka has former Barnes kids, or something....

You are giving weird examples, different scenario's---Basically par for the course(with you)....You think former Roy Williams guys at Kansas, don't have Bill Self's back? Or care about Kansas?

JFC.....WTF are you on?

Not all the time...

Matters the coach and the player.

I am sure there are players who played under Tom Crean who were upset. Every program is different on how they operate.

The reason Shaka had success was because of TJ Ford. TJ was and still is in his corner..

Not all the time...

Matters the coach and the player.

I am sure there are players who played under Tom Crean who were upset. Every program is different on how they operate.

The reason Shaka had success was because of TJ Ford. TJ was and still is in his corner..
I mean, yeah.....I'm not disagreeing. I am just wondering why your treating this as some type of breaking news? Just a really weird, "flex"---Former players like Shaka...Ok---and, I mean---what? Former players under Knight loved Davis....I mean you didn't exactly discover the wheel here my friend.

I mean, yeah.....I'm not disagreeing. I am just wondering why your treating this as some type of breaking news? Just a really weird, "flex"---Former players like Shaka...Ok---and, I mean---what? Former players under Knight loved Davis....I mean you didn't exactly discover the wheel here my friend.

Why did you respond if it was correct in the beginning...

Just weird.

The other side is that Ford called Shaka out last year.
It was Ford who put that fire under Shaka's feet.

And sometimes the new coach doesn’t embrace the older players bc he wants the attention on himself.

I feel like pitino rubbed quite a few Louisville legends the wrong way when he got the job. Pervis Ellison in particular iirc but I don’t even remember the details. and this was before he ran us into the ground with the multiple scandals and fbi stuff.

But I guess it’s kinda diff when he replaced Crum who was there for what 30+ years and basically made Louisville basketball, than if he was replacing a guy who was fired for being incompetent after a 3-4 year stint. and a former UK coach to boot, although I feel like most players don’t really give a shit about rivalries they just say the right things to keep their fan bases happy.

But a few former Louisville players started coming back around when pitino was fired. So I guess u can draw you own conclusions from that.

Pitino is an arrogant prick, who happens to be an amazing basketball coach is what I get out of it but I’m obv jaded that he’s getting headlines at Iona for making the dance while we are still waiting to see how many touney we are gonna have to sit out bc of shit that went on under his watch.

Last edited:
We will see.
Shaka is holding some things back. Saw some of that on Saturday. That was a different team but even there he called off the dogs.
Shaka didn't put all his cards on the table this year. Still is going to end up a pretty high seed

Sweet Jesus. You’ve been saying this crap about Shaka since he got to Austin. If he fails to reach the final four this year, will you finally quit talking about his master plan?

No lie you went from this is the year that shaka has all his pieces, all his recruits, pretty much a perfect storm roster wise, to shaka has been holding some secret strategy back all year long to unleash it in the tourney. Teams get hot and cold through the season, but I highly doubt any coach “holds something back” when their team isn’t playing well, and they have the solution but just choose to not implement it.

And All the while in 100 different threads you post about how coaching doesn’t even matter anyways.

sweet baby Jesus indeed

No lie you went from this is the year that shaka has all his pieces, all his recruits, pretty much a perfect storm roster wise, to shaka has been holding some secret strategy back all year long to unleash it in the tourney. Teams get hot and cold through the season, but I highly doubt any coach “holds something back” when their team isn’t playing well, and they have the solution but just choose to not implement it.

And All the while in 100 different threads you post about how coaching doesn’t even matter anyways.

sweet baby Jesus indeed

He’s said literally every year that Shaka’s holding something back. This was to be his do or die year—the season he’s been building toward since birth. But he’s holding back now too. Man, you have to admire Shaka’s guts. RollLaugh

This isn’t football. You don’t play vanilla in big games or keep secret plays under your hat for the playoffs.

I would have rooted for Texas in the tourney this year against anyone but KU, but I can’t. Imagine the absurd level of preaching we’d be subjected to. Laughing

He’s said literally every year that Shaka’s holding something back. This was to be his do or die year—the season he’s been building toward since birth. But he’s holding back now too. Man, you have to admire Shaka’s guts. RollLaugh

This isn’t football. You don’t play vanilla in big games or keep secret plays under your hat for the playoffs.

I would have rooted for Texas in the tourney this year against anyone but KU, but I can’t. Imagine the absurd level of preaching we’d be subjected to. Laughing

I can easily tell the teams who can play at a higher level going into the NCAA Tournament.

Not too hard.

Regular season basketball is different than postseason basketball

I can easily tell the teams who can play at a higher level going into the NCAA Tournament.

Not too hard.

Regular season basketball is different than postseason basketball

Every team will shift to another gear in the postseason. So whatever gear you think Texas has waiting patiently in their pockets will be matched and any advantage diminished.

Pretty funny to suggest that a team that had never won a Big 12 tournament wasn’t giving their all.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Every team will shift to another gear in the postseason. So whatever gear you think Texas has waiting patiently in their pockets will be matched and any advantage diminished.

Pretty funny to suggest that a team that had never won a Big 12 tournament wasn’t giving their all.

Disagree here.

Some programs live on outworking people. Those are the programs you have to watch out for if they are high seeds.

ADVERTISEMENT