ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

TechFan88

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2004

Needing the PA guy to start the chants to drown out opposing fans is sad Texas fans.

Congrats to Kansas and commiserations to TCU on the Phog “magic”.

Congrats to Baylor and tough break Oklahoma State.

Congrats Kansas St and welcome to Big 12 UCF.

Congrats Cinci tough break BYU. Also Khalid’s looks like a 40 yr old rec leaque player with that headband and knee brace.

Congrats Houston and commiserations to West Virginia.

I was pulling for you Iowa State.

Big 12 going to be a grind once again. Welcome to the new teams. They are playing right into it. Houston got a small taste today.

Big win for Texas on the road. Cinci has looked better than I expected.

That Cincinnati-Texas game was crazy. Super intense. And then Texas got two buckets in the final minute were both baskets had fortuitous bounces.

Kansas fans, please, riddle me this. For all that is holy and pure, why is Elmarko Jackson receiving more minutes than Johnny Furphy? McCullar at the 2 and Furphy at the 3. It makes too much sense. Offense has a much higher ceiling with Furphy on the court.

Winning on the road in the Big 12 is not going to be easy. Oklahoma State and West Virginia are the only teams where you might say, "Yeah, probably not a tournament team." Everyone else is super competitive. Not sure how many teams make the tournament from the Big 12, but I could reasonably see 8 or 9.

That Cincinnati-Texas game was crazy. Super intense. And then Texas got two buckets in the final minute were both baskets had fortuitous bounces.

Kansas fans, please, riddle me this. For all that is holy and pure, why is Elmarko Jackson receiving more minutes than Johnny Furphy? McCullar at the 2 and Furphy at the 3. It makes too much sense. Offense has a much higher ceiling with Furphy on the court.

Winning on the road in the Big 12 is not going to be easy. Oklahoma State and West Virginia are the only teams where you might say, "Yeah, probably not a tournament team." Everyone else is super competitive. Not sure how many teams make the tournament from the Big 12, but I could reasonably see 8 or 9.

I've heard that Furphy's made strides in practice and will get more minutes going forward. Last night he played a few more than usual, but he should've taken more of Elmarko's minutes, especially when they went to zone.

A lot of KU fans are clamoring for Furphy to replace Jackson. Jackson's allegedly been good in practice and a few games back he had a great showing. He was efficient and more aggressive. But he followed it up with two no-shows. Furphy's had no-shows too, so that's probably why Self’s been slow to make a change, but I'm in favor of him replacing Jackson in the lineup.

Last edited:

Elmarko has been a huge disappointment.

Furphy has potential, but has a long way to go. He's still adapting to the speed of the game. I think he's going to be really good when he gets comfortable out there. But right now he commits a foul nearly every defensive possession.

Right now I'd rather we play McDowell than Elmarko. He's a better threat offensively. Elmarko is just a non-entity offensively.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Tired Season 2 GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

That game was exhausting. No idea how we pulled that out against KSU.

Last edited:
And 10 teams can beat anyone on a given night. And don't be surprised if the bottom 2 knock someone off at some point also.

Big 12 basketball is must watch. I’m lucky enough to have a tv set up that lets me watch 4 games. It seems every game is going to the wire. Last night was no different outside of KU blasting OSU.

Big 12 had the 3 highest rated KenPom games last night. Two of them went to OT.

Baylor was up by 2 with less than 40 seconds left and Yves Messi had an easy put-back layup (see at 20:27 in video). Somehow he misses that (I think he may have been uncertain if he was going for a tip or dunk). Baylor should have had a 4 point lead at that point.

And then Arthur Kaluma makes a 3 and gets fouled. Crushing blow. 6-point swing. From being potentially up by 4, Baylor soon found themselves down by 2. Game. Set. Match.

Skillings had this game-winning layup in overtime against TCU. Really like Skillings. Fun player to watch.

Did Hason Ward think he was facing off against Johnny Lawrence from the Karate Kid? Obviously acted out frustration. Game felt like it was over shortly after this flagrant, which resulted in an ejection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT