ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

dickinson-team-huddle.jpg

Dickinson walks through BYU's huddle and then shoves Knell. lol what a douche.

I really hope McCullar can come back. They could do some damage if healthy. It's painful watching that Timberlake kid play for 30 minutes. If not, they'd absolutely be on upset alert in the Round of 64.

What's going on with McCullar? Didn't he play last week? Lingering inury, or a different one?

dickinson-team-huddle.jpg

Dickinson walks through BYU's huddle and then shoves Knell. lol what a douche.

To be fair, BYU’s gameplan was to collapse in the paint and beat up on Hunter and hope our guards had an off night shooting while simultaneously trying to get in his head. It worked like a charm. He was getting hacked and elbowed all night. That has actually been the gameplan of many teams lately since we have no outside shooting, especially with McCullar out and our ability to drive to the hoop is seriously compromised with McCullar out. So he’s getting double and triple teamed and fouled on practically every possession but getting few calls because Big XII officials prefer a game to look like a rugby match. Thats enough to get in the head of pretty much anybody, this is amplified for a guy who was already a hot head.

It’s a bone bruise or bone spur or something like that. Not soft tissue or he’d be back.
Last few years, UK has had a key player dealing with an injury late in the year that totally neutered the team Tyty was trying to go at 80% in 22 and last year Cason Wallace had back spasms. Injuries late in the season just kill your mojo.
Sounds like Bill Self isn’t sure when he'll be back. KU is really thin, y'all need that guy back and soon.

To be fair, BYU’s gameplan was to collapse in the paint and beat up on Hunter and hope our guards had an off night shooting while simultaneously trying to get in his head. It worked like a charm. He was getting hacked and elbowed all night. That has actually been the gameplan of many teams lately since we have no outside shooting, especially with McCullar out and our ability to drive to the hoop is seriously compromised with McCullar out. So he’s getting double and triple teamed and fouled on practically every possession but getting few calls because Big XII officials prefer a game to look like a rugby match. Thats enough to get in the head of pretty much anybody, this is amplified for a guy who was already a hot head.

Since when is going to the free throw line 15 times considered to be getting few calls? Heck, KU was in the double bonus less than 7 minutes into the second half.

kansas-byu-fouls.jpg

Still thought what he did was hilarious and a bit douchey. I've looked at the play of him going into BYU's huddle 12 times and I'm still laughing.

Tamin Lipsey is a bad dude. He had 5 steals last night and slapped the ball out on at least 3 times that would have been sure-fire layups.

Defensive POY should come down to Jamal Shead and Lipsey, IMO. And I'm sure Shead will win CPOY. A healthy McCullar could have challenged. But, he's missed too many games. Excited to watch the Big 12 Tournament next week. Let's gooo!

Reactions: KisteK
Since when is going to the free throw line 15 times considered to be getting few calls? Heck, KU was in the double bonus less than 7 minutes into the second half.

kansas-byu-fouls.jpg

Still thought what he did was hilarious and a bit douchey. I've looked at the play of him going into BYU's huddle 12 times and I'm still laughing.

kansas-byu-fouls.jpg

I was talking about in general, not just the BYU game. Early in the post I was talking about BYU, but later(the bolder part) I was talking about Big XII play in general. He’s not used to play this physical, and it’s obvious it’s getting in his head. They are pushing him around to get in his head and teams can afford to do that because KU is such a horrid shooting team that teams can afford to put all their focus on Hunter.

Man worst season in 24 years for KU. Hasn’t been a fun ride. Never want to be preseason #1 again. It always ends horribly for us. Still worse season is 24 years is better than the average season of 99% of college basketball.

Man worst season in 24 years for KU. Hasn’t been a fun ride. Never want to be preseason #1 again. It always ends horribly for us. Still worse season is 24 years is better than the average season of 99% of college basketball.

Was gonna say, if a top 20 finish is the worst you're doing ok lol. Tournament time can still change things. There isn't one dominant team this year.

Dickinson’s probably done for the year and they’re going to sit McCullar in the conference tourney. Might not win another game.

Was gonna say, if a top 20 finish is the worst you're doing ok lol. Tournament time can still change things. There isn't one dominant team this year.

Btw weren’t you suppose to be able to change that avatar back in January?

So, who had Iowa State, Texas Tech, and BYU in the Top 5 to finish the regular season?

And Kansas at 6?

Pretty crazy season. Maybe the most competitive in memory. I love the new additions to the conference, and next year is going to be even more crazy.

kansas fans walking gingerly today after taking 14" of Cougar cock all the way to the hilt this weekend.

Gotta be the most embarrassing loss in Kansas history given the context. Houston literally had nothing to play for while Kansas is fighting for a good seed in the B12 tourney. And they still got curb stomped by 30.

kansas fans walking gingerly today after taking 14" of Cougar cock all the way to the hilt this weekend.

Gotta be the most embarrassing loss in Kansas history given the context. Houston literally had nothing to play for while Kansas is fighting for a good seed in the B12 tourney. And they still got curb stomped by 30.

It could have been worse though, right?

DQnY2v9VoAADyHU

They've had far more embarrassing losses than getting blown out by the #1 team in the nation on the road, with their best player injured and 2nd-best injured in the first several min of the 2nd half.

Houston having nothing to play for is nonsense too. When the players were interviewed after KU blew them out in Lawrence, all they talked about was getting revenge on March 9. Plus it was Senior Day. They cared more about that game than KU.

They've had far more embarrassing losses than getting blown out by the #1 team in the nation on the road, with their best player injured and 2nd-best injured in the first several min of the 2nd half.

Houston having nothing to play for is nonsense too. When the players were interviewed after KU blew them out in Lawrence, all they talked about was getting revenge on March 9. Plus it was Senior Day. They cared more about that game than KU.

you're putting up quite a the fight for a guy who just got Ass to mouthed by Kelvin Sampson.

For a conference that allows a lot of physical contact, there sure is an awful lot of the whistle being blown in this first 2nd round matchup. No me gusto.

KenPom Rankings of the 2nd Round Matchups today

#15 BYU vs #60 UCF
#40 Oklahoma vs # 33 TCU
#23 Texas vs #68 Kansas State
#18 Kansas vs #43 Cincinnati

Wild to think that these aren't even quarterfinal games.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Vegas has Cincy favored by 2.5 points over Kansas. Seems like a reasonable line given the injuries. Just seems to weird to think KU is an underdog to an 11 seed in the conference tournament.

Vegas has Cincy favored by 2.5 points over Kansas. Seems like a reasonable line given the injuries. Just seems to weird to think KU is an underdog to an 11 seed in the conference tournament.

Considering KU won't have the guys responsible for almost half their scoring, I'm surprised Cincinnati isn't favored by more.

Nothing to play for? It’s Kansas. Body takes a game off against KU. They were running all over the court giving max effort.

As for the outcome, it was predictable. KU when healthy and if they stay out of foul trouble is pretty good. But it’s a two player team and they were missing one of those two players. And the other player was being double and triple teamed. No chance. KU with McCullar and Hunter both healthy, is a formidable team. Not great but good and capable of beating anybody. KU while missing one of those guys is not a top 50 team. Now tonight with both out, they aren’t even a top 100 team.

Saddest thing about the Kansas game last night was Fran Fraschilla saying multiple times that he "felt so bad for Nick Timberlake." Dude misses a lot of shots. Biggest thing with Timberlake is he's clearly lacking confidence.

Where does the committee seed Kansas anyway? They've got wins over UConn, Houston, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Baylor. Crazy good wins on the resume. They've lost 4 of their last 5 and their best two players have some lingering injuries.

Fully healthy, this team is likely a 2 or 3 seed. But, given the injuries and recent struggles I think they'll end up on the 4 line.

I am SO glad we missed on him.

Some guys really struggle when they transfer up. Not an isolated event at all.

This is Timberlake's last year of eligibility. So, fortunately for Kansas, they'll have a much better bench next season.

Where does the committee seed Kansas anyway? They've got wins over UConn, Houston, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Baylor. Crazy good wins on the resume.

Were any of those away from the friendly confines of AFH?
Some guys really struggle when they transfer up. Not an isolated event at all.

This is Timberlake's last year of eligibility. So, fortunately for Kansas, they'll have a much better bench next season.

Fair. We have been very lucky with the lads Coach has grabbed in the portal, two years in a row now.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT