ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

Kevin McCullar out for the tournament. Wouldn’t be an NCAA tournament without a key player for KU being hurt.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Kevin McCullar out for the tournament. Wouldn’t be an NCAA tournament without a key player for KU being hurt.

Yeesh. KU gonna be a popular upset pick, but I think y'all still likely around for the S16.

They just announced it during the Wagner/Howard game. That’s awful news. I know KU is a UK rival, but I hate to see this happen to an already thin team.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Looks like McCullar and his crew pulled the plug to protect his draft stock. Weak.
I would be curious to know if the majority of KU fans feel that way, as well.

In his two games prior to leaving the Houston season finale game early (against Baylor and KST), McCullar averaged 20 pts a game in 30 min of playing time.

Then, Self comes out yesterday and says that he hasn't injured/hurt himself any further, but he is being shut down for the tournament. How does he go from averaging 20 pts a games in 30 min in back to back games, while not injuring himself any further, to getting shut down for the season? Very odd to say the least.

I would be curious to know if the majority of KU fans feel that way, as well.

In his two games prior to leaving the Houston season finale game early (against Baylor and KST), McCullar averaged 20 pts a game in 30 min of playing time.

Then, Self comes out yesterday and says that he hasn't injured/hurt himself any further, but he is being shut down for the tournament. How does he go from averaging 20 pts a games in 30 min in back to back games, while not injuring himself any further, to getting shut down for the season? Very odd to say the least.

They did say he tweaked it during the K-State game. But there's no reason to announce that you're shutting it down for the entire tourney (rather than taking it day by day) unless you're protecting your draft stock.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
They did say he tweaked it during the K-State game. But there's no reason to announce that you're shutting it down for the entire tourney (rather than taking it day by day) unless you're protecting your draft stock.
I don't follow Self enough to know how he communicates with the media/fanbase, but if KU sneaks by their first two opponents and makes it to the Sweet 16, would Self re-evaluate McCullar playing at that point?

When Self says he is done, is he being 100% honest?

I remember back in 2019 PJ Washington had a foot injury in the SEC Tournament. Missed the first two games of the NCAA tournament. Seeing as how he was going to be a lotto pick in the draft 3 months later, we all assumed he was done for the year. Next thing you know, he is taking foot injections before/during the Sweet 16/Elite 8 games in order to play. Wasn't close to 100%, but was still a big lift emotionally for the team.

Could you see McCullar/Self doing something similar?

He previously said McCullar was going to play. If anything, he stretched the truth about McCullar's availability in hopes of earning a higher seed. Committee would have dropped KU to a 5 or 6, had they known McCullar was going to be out, IMO.

I don't follow Self enough to know how he communicates with the media/fanbase, but if KU sneaks by their first two opponents and makes it to the Sweet 16, would Self re-evaluate McCullar playing at that point?

I remember back in 2019 PJ Washington had a foot injury in the SEC Tournament. Missed the first two games of the NCAA tournament. Seeing as how he was going to be a lotto pick in the draft 3 months later, we all assumed he was done for the year. Next thing you know, he is taking foot injections before/during the Sweet 16/Elite 8 games in order to play. Wasn't close to 100%, but was still a big lift emotionally for the team.

Could you see McCullar/Self doing something similar?

I think he's being honest that McCullar has no plans to play. I do think he probably sugarcoated the situation a little before Selection Sunday so their seed wouldn't drop.

Reading between the lines, I think Self is pretty pissed at McCullar and his camp. But he'll never throw a player under the bus.

I’m disappointed we didn’t get the return match @UCONN this year. Would have been fun even if we lost.

I think the two conferences really wanted Scott Drew and Dan Hurley to have time to talk with each other about how they turned down Kentucky - and to discuss how much money they refused to take from UK.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think the two conferences really wanted Scott Drew and Dan Hurley to have time to talk with each other about how they turned down Kentucky - and to discuss how much money they refused to take from UK.
100/1 they're making less.

You've got to have huge balls to take on the toughest job in cbball. Kentucky isn't for everyone.

Although, HOF is just on the other side.

you should have to walk around the rest of the week with your dick and balls tucked between your legs for even posting something so asinine.
Everyday at 3. Would you like the link?
the silence of the lambs GIF

ADVERTISEMENT