ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, who is more hated nationally/overall, Kentucky or Duke?

Who is more hated?

• Total voters
That and well, Kentucky isn't the nost educated place in the country either---That and most of the state is dirt fukin poor. Even if they could afford the internet, I doubt they'd know how to use it.

Yet Another UK Fan discovered the internet a year ago. And even though I like to give him shit about disappearing when Kentucky loses, that’s not the reason. It’s because his service keeps getting disconnected.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Testament to the age range of the Duke following. Not a real sophisticated group exactly. Lot of Johnny Come Latelys. Most probably still go to keggers. It’s not debatable for me.
I wouldn't call Duke a "Johnny come lately" --They have been a fixture in the NCAAT since late 70's: NCAA Runner up in 1964, 78, 86, 90, 94 and 99...FF's in 63, 64, 66 78, 86, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 94, 99, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2015 and 2022. Titles in BOLD. 91, 92, 2001, 2010 and 2015...

Duke has been very good for a very long time.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Yet Another UK Fan discovered the internet a year ago. And even though I like to give him shit about disappearing when Kentucky loses, that’s not the reason. It’s because his service keeps getting disconnected.
Ya figured they'd know by now you cannot pay the cable bill with hogs....

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Testament to the age range of the Duke following. Not a real sophisticated group exactly. Lot of Johnny Come Latelys. Most probably still go to keggers. It’s not debatable for me.
^^^ wishes he was in the "good ole days" when Kentucky basketball was winning titles on the reg and he could enjoy his grits and bacon without having to sit near a black family because they weren't allowed in his favorite diner.

^^^ wishes he was in the "good ole days" when Kentucky basketball was winning titles on the reg and he could enjoy his grits and bacon without having to sit near a black family because they weren't allowed in his favorite diner.
tenor.gif

1969-70 Kentucky BB Team. WTF?

iu

That and well, Kentucky isn't the nost educated place in the country either---That and most of the state is dirt fukin poor. Even if they could afford the internet, I doubt they'd know how to use it.
It doesn't look like Indiana is some bastion of Mensa members throughout the state. 'Nost' probably are not even aware of what Mensa is.

Maybe, some of the old folks have just forgotten about when y'all use to be good?
Doubtful. We're only talking 11 years since the last title and some Final Fours came after that. ut fans, on the other hand, might have some trouble remembering their ONE Elite 8 appearance.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yeah, the fan age range I see (whenever my channel surfing unfortunately stumbles upon a dook home game on TV) likes to attend them in their Sesame Street costumes. Pretty dorky. Not cool enough for keggers. Like Reggie Love said before he got teabagged... "Everybody knows the best parties are in Chapel Hill."

Doubtful. We're only talking 11 years since the last title and some Final Fours came after that. ut fans, on the other hand, might have some trouble remembering their ONE Elite 8 appearance.
Yeah, but we are not claiming everything like y'all do. Looks like Duke is more followed by people than UK and that is probably due to their excellence, their market size (mid Atlantic & NE) and ESPN (Dickie V). If you're more followed it stands to reason that you'll be more like/disliked, true?

Yeah, but we are not claiming everything like y'all do. Looks like Duke is more followed by people than UK and that is probably due to their excellence, their market size (mid Atlantic & NE) and ESPN (Dickie V). If you're more followed it stands to reason that you'll be more like/disliked, true?
....because other than that E8, what is there to claim?
Not sure what evidence you're looking at saying dook is more 'followed'. Are the people watching in the hope that they lose counted in that figure?
As far as UK's following goes, Jim Nantz said it best "Nobody in college basketball travels better than Big Blue Nation."
They are more disliked in part because of their success, but probably more likely that they are a bunch of snotty, smarmy, bunch of dorks with 8-sided dice in their pockets.

....because other than that E8, what is there to claim?
Not sure what evidence you're looking at saying dook is more 'followed'. Are the people watching in the hope that they lose counted in that figure?
As far as UK's following goes, Jim Nantz said it best "Nobody in college basketball travels better than Big Blue Nation."
They are more disliked in part because of their success, but probably more likely that they are a bunch of snotty, smarmy, bunch of dorks with 8-sided dice in their pockets.
I don't know if you'll be able to follow this analogy or not cause it involves CFB, but y'all are kinda like Nebraska, a once revered program that has fallen down several notches. Duke seems to have maintained their interest. Maybe, because they have had the greatest CBB coach "K" in history.

What is an 8-sided dice?

I don't know if you'll be able to follow this analogy or not cause it involves CFB, but y'all are kinda like Nebraska, a once revered program that has fallen down several notches. Duke seems to have maintained their interest. Maybe, because they have had the greatest CBB coach "K" in history.

What is an 8-sided dice?
Nowhere near Nebraska's fall from the elite, but I understand your desire to believe that.

8-sided dice.... this is what the dook dorks carry around with them so they're always prepared for the D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) tournaments on campus.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Nowhere near Nebraska's fall from the elite, but I understand your desire to believe that.

8-sided dice.... this is what the dook dorks carry around with them so they're always prepared for the D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) tournaments on campus.
I actually prefer y'all being good as to being bad.

I have heard of the game, but never played it. I'd like to see what an 8-sided dice looks like. I can't imagine that.

Do you even know what football is being a UK fan and all?

Nebraska's football history and present isnt close to Kentucky's basketball history and present. Indiana basketball would've been a better comparison. But you don't know anything about CBB and only showed up when UT had a few good seasons because you're a bandwagon CBB fan so I'll forgive your mistake and chalk it up to ignorance.

Nebraska's football history and present isnt close to Kentucky's basketball history and present. Indiana basketball would've been a better comparison. But you don't know anything about CBB and only showed up when UT had a few good seasons because you're a bandwagon CBB fan so I'll forgive your mistake and chalk it up to ignorance.
That’s no way to talk to a lady!

I have been here longer than you. I'll go ahead and throw this out there that you're one of my favorite noobs. :p

Having said that, I can see the Indiana comparison though.

I have been here longer than you. I'll go ahead and throw this out there that you're one of my favorite noobs. :p

Having said that, I can see the Indiana comparison though.

On Rivals, definitely. I don't recall you showing up to the CBB board until about 3 or 4 years ago but I could be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times before.

I think the Indiana comparison is much better IMO. I don't really know CFB history so I don't know who to compare UK too. I just researched Nebraska after you made the claim though and I didn't really see many similarities. I feel like there's gotta be a different CFB program whose history aligns closer than Nebraska's appears to.

On Rivals, definitely. I don't recall you showing up to the CBB board until about 3 or 4 years ago but I could be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times before.

I think the Indiana comparison is much better IMO. I don't really know CFB history so I don't know who to compare UK too. I just researched Nebraska after you made the claim though and I didn't really see many similarities. I feel like there's gotta be a different CFB program whose history aligns closer than Nebraska's appears to.
It would have been a great comparison 15 years ago. To where Kentucky is right now that is. Nebraska has 5 consensus nat’l titles and a bunch more unofficial titles, plus a billion conference titles.

It would have been a great comparison 15 years ago. To where Kentucky is right now that is. Nebraska has 5 consensus nat’l titles and a bunch more unofficial titles, plus a billion conference titles.

It wasn't as bad of a comparison as I made it out to be. I just wanted to give della some shit. I still think it's not a great comparison though.

From what I saw on wiki, it looked like Nebraska was only nationally relevant for about 40 years. UK has been relevant since the 40s. Also Nebraska has an overall losing postseason record and UK is one of the best postseason teams of all time in CBB. Nebraska 7th in all time wins and 9th in winning %. UK is 2nd in wins and 1st in winning %.

Just seems like there should be a better comparison out there. Maybe not though. Like I said, I don't really know CFB history.

I have been around for a long time. Remember when LST was the MOD? He had a quote from me in his sig.

It wasn't as bad of a comparison as I made it out to be. I just wanted to give della some shit. I still think it's not a great comparison though.

From what I saw on wiki, it looked like Nebraska was only nationally relevant for about 40 years. UK has been relevant since the 40s. Also Nebraska has an overall losing postseason record and UK is one of the best postseason teams of all time in CBB. Nebraska 7th in all time wins and 9th in winning %. UK is 2nd in wins and 1st in winning %.

Just seems like there should be a better comparison out there. Maybe not though. Like I said, I don't really know CFB history.
It’ll never be apples to apples when comparing football to basketball, especially with the mythical titles and huge differences in postseason structure. Postseason record is one that I don’t think can be compared. In football, if you were a great team, you were traditionally playing one postseason game vs another great team. It’s easy to see how a great program could have a mediocre postseason record, especially after a 20 year fall from grace. Meanwhile, a great basketball team gets an automatic first round win, and will be heavily favored in a few more games. It’s a lot easier to pad the all-time record.

15-20 years ago, Nebraska was probably near the top in about every stat.

Yes I remember him. Think he still posts during the season under a different handle. Can't remember what the username is though. I'm sure he's riding high after winning it all last season.
Yeah, he should be pretty happy with that.

Yeah, but we were smart enough to separate the meth addicts from the student body by a River.
Might wanna check meth rates in that area....Probably gonna need a bigger river. Or quit teaching people to swim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT