ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Honestly for a fun point, I hope Carr picks UK- reasoning being if he does, give Cal MAJOR props if he can keep all his players happy this season.

Honestly for a fun point, I hope Carr picks UK- reasoning being if he does, give Cal MAJOR props if he can keep all his players happy this season.
The heck with all of em, ill be impressed if he can keep all the PFs happy, they have like 5-6 it seems.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
But honestly none of the guys from last years team seem like “me first” type guys anyways. Well none of the guys from UK that are coming back to UK anyways.

Cant speak for the transfers or frosh

Reactions: Noahtogo24
our moderators on HoB don’t believe we’re a serious option for Carr anymore. we’re set in the back court. only possible addition at this point is one of Duren or Cockburn.

Texas starting #1 or #2
They play Gonzaga early

Carr puts them on top of the food chain.
Don’t get me wrong it’s a top 10 team with Carr. But not #1 or #2.

Rotation would look something like this.

PG-Carr, Ramey
SG-Jones, Askew
SF-Allen, Tyson
PF-Disu, Bishop
C-Mitchell

Talented roster forsure, but chemistry and figuring out roles will be an issue early on.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a top 10 team with Carr. But not #1 or #2.

Rotation would look something like this.

PG-Carr, Ramey
SG-Jones, Askew
SF-Allen, Tyson
PF-Disu, Bishop
C-Mitchell

Talented roster forsure, but chemistry and figuring out roles will be an issue early on.
They are starting three guards

Mitchell, Allen, Jones, Carr and Ramey

Don’t forget about Jase Febres and Brock Cunningham.

The idea is to clear out the middle for Timmy Allen.
Allen is maybe the most underrated scorer in college basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: RedRaiderFan5
Like he did at Minnesota?
He has to be a different player than he was at Minnesota.

Carr could have the same issue Harmon did
Texas really wanted Harmon. But Harmon wants to be a PG and not a combo guard

Texas wants Carr to play more off the ball so they can use the other guards as well.

We will see

Carr might be stuck on playing PG. But NBA teams have explained to him what they are looking for

Carr on Texas makes them #1 NC contenders
Alabama was the biggest threat.
The three schools are just hats. Rather be Memphis than Louisville. They actually are a bigger threat in recruiting. Giving out bags of cash

Definitely just a hat on the table as far as UK is concerned. Since Carr has been in the portal UK has added Kellan Grady, CJ Fredrick, TyTy Washington, and Sahvir Wheeler. Davion Mintz is also returning along with Dontaie Allen. They already have more guards than they need.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Carr on Texas makes them #1 NC contenders
Alabama was the biggest threat.
The three schools are just hats. Rather be Memphis than Louisville. They actually are a bigger threat in recruiting. Giving out bags of cash

Yea i literally had no clue we were recruiting him at all but knew we were recruiting a juco kansas decommit, sydney curry. If we were a legit option i feel like the fans would at least know we are in the mix.

Dunno why hes gotta troll us though lol guess its becoming a national pasttime to shit on louisville idk

Definitely just a hat on the table as far as UK is concerned. Since Carr has been in the portal UK has added Kellan Grady, CJ Fredrick, TyTy Washington, and Sahvir Wheeler. Davion Mintz is also returning along with Dontaie Allen. They already have more guards than they need.
I feel the same way regarding cockburn with Oscar and the army of power forwards on the roster. But still wouldnt be suprised if/when yall get him.

Texas back court aint exactly thin with ramey/askew/jones/and the kod i cant spell or probounce his name febres hes a 2g/3 right?

Also saying “since he entered the portal” isnt exactly fair bc he just decided he wasnt going pro like a week ago right? So while technically in the portal, im not sure he was gonna sign with any college team until he knew he was coming back to college. You make it sound like UK chose those others instead of Carr and while technically true its mostly bc they didnt wanna wait on carr and lose out on wheeler, best i can tell from trolling the intrawebs.

Yea i literally had no clue we were recruiting him at all but knew we were recruiting a juco kansas decommit, sydney curry. If we were a legit option i feel like the fans would at least know we are in the mix.

Dunno why hes gotta troll us though lol guess its becoming a national pasttime to shit on louisville idk

Louisville throwing big bags?

I was hearing Alabama could be a threat because of their ties in Toronto.

Surprised they aren’t on the list
Maybe Louisville really needs him. I am not 100% sure of their roster

Chris Beard and the Texas staff have explained what they want
1) Someone who wants to win
2) Combo guard. A PG who is willing to play off the ball at times
3) Someone who doesn’t half ass it on the defensive end. If you don’t play defense or rebound. Beard won’t play you

I feel the same way regarding cockburn with Oscar and the army of power forwards on the roster. But still wouldnt be suprised if/when yall get him.

Texas back court aint exactly thin with ramey/askew/jones/and the kod i cant spell or probounce his name febres hes a 2g/3 right?

Also saying “since he entered the portal” isnt exactly fair bc he just decided he wasnt going pro like a week ago right? So while technically in the portal, im not sure he was gonna sign with any college team until he knew he was coming back to college. You make it sound like UK chose those others instead of Carr and while technically true its mostly bc they didnt wanna wait on carr and lose out on wheeler, best i can tell from trolling the intrawebs.
Some people think Oscar and Kofi would play together. I don't see it. The offense would be too stagnant. They are basically clones of each other. Space eaters that rebound and dunk everything but aren't great rim protectors and can't really face up or do much of anything beyond 10-12 feet. IMO, they would split time at the 5. Although if they did play at the same time the other 8 guys on the floor might as well forget about ever getting a rebound.

Why players want to play for Chris Beard in their last year.
Because roles can change every game. Like I said just matters if Carr buys in
From what I have heard Vidal Massiah plays a huge part in determining where Carr goes

Carr was the same guy every night with Minnesota. Won’t be that with Texas. Will be able to show the NBA a bunch of things

Here is a good article that talks about it
From an IU site lusting after Chris Beard

The non-negotiables were the commitment to defend, the commitment to rebound, the commitment to play the right way,” Beard said. “But there were always all sorts of adjustments going on, and if I had to say one thing that I learned from Coach Knight and Pat in terms of listing them out, I would say the idea of preparation and scouting and how we played different people different to win the game, we’re still doing those things here today at Texas.”

Texas wants Carr to play more off the ball so they can use the other guards as well.

We will see

Carr might be stuck on playing PG. But NBA teams have explained to him what they are looking for
Carr would be making a horrible decision to play in Beard’s offense.

Back on this nonsense
Tech fans just parrot ridiculous narratives

Motion offense is the best way to score the basketball.
Golden State Warriors proved this and changed how the NBA thinks
I predict you’ll be frustrated by how many possessions end up going until the last second with a jacked up shot being thrown up.

We will see

Carr will probably go somewhere where can play more at point. He wants to get to the NBA and as a scorer he's not going to make it. Reason why he's coming back.

Carr will probably go somewhere where can play more at point. He wants to get to the NBA and as a scorer he's not going to make it. Reason why he's coming back.

Possibly true. But wasn’t he playing PG when he was jacking up shots

There are two players who are very similar
One is now at Baylor
Other most likely will be at Texas

Both players were considered bad shooters. Not meaning they can’t shoot but because they shoot bad shots.
Around 1/3 of Carr’s shots were considered bad shots

Not about playing the point as much as it is about not throwing up shots when there could be better ones available

Some people think Oscar and Kofi would play together. I don't see it. The offense would be too stagnant. They are basically clones of each other. Space eaters that rebound and dunk everything but aren't great rim protectors and can't really face up or do much of anything beyond 10-12 feet. IMO, they would split time at the 5. Although if they did play at the same time the other 8 guys on the floor might as well forget about ever getting a rebound.
Im in agreement, i dont see how they can play together unless yall ran a high low set every time down the court. Like you said they are basically clones, oscar prob more athletic, cockburn probly better post scorer. But i jist dont see either as a 4.

And thats not even mentioning how stacked UK is at the 4 with brooks/toppin/collins/hopkins.

Your right about the rebounds tho my lawd 😂

Louisville throwing big bags?

I was hearing Alabama could be a threat because of their ties in Toronto.

Surprised they aren’t on the list
Maybe Louisville really needs him. I am not 100% sure of their roster

Chris Beard and the Texas staff have explained what they want
1) Someone who wants to win
2) Combo guard. A PG who is willing to play off the ball at times
3) Someone who doesn’t half ass it on the defensive end. If you don’t play defense or rebound. Beard won’t play you
We def dont have anyone returning thats proven, at louisville anyway, period. We have el ellis #1 juco combo guard, west(transfer from marshall i know 0 about) and Locke(transfer from florida who can shoot, a sg) and a frosh 2g in mike james who everyone is super high on, but everyone is always super high on every frosh so take it with a grain of salt.

I dont think presently we are a top 25 team, i thibk adding carr would put us right in the mix of top 25, imo. So in my biased opinion id say PT and basketball wise we need him more than any of the others on the list.........but i realize its wishful thinking.

Possibly true. But wasn’t he playing PG when he was jacking up shots

There are two players who are very similar
One is now at Baylor
Other most likely will be at Texas

Both players were considered bad shooters. Not meaning they can’t shoot but because they shoot bad shots.
Around 1/3 of Carr’s shots were considered bad shots
Cal's intention was to play him at the point. With Mintz back, we don't need another combo or 2 or 1 or 3 or 4 and probably at 5 as well lol. We'll have a deep and a very fine bench.

Cal's intention was to play him at the point. With Mintz back, we don't need another combo or 2 or 1 or 3 or 4 and probably at 5 as well lol. We'll have a deep and a very fine bench.
You are talking to Calipari?

Only thing we know for the most part is what these insiders say
They all at times mix bullshit in with truth.

The person I am getting my info from pretty much said Carr was returning to college a month ago.
Then we had people claiming Carr wouldn’t leave the draft because that is what they heard from some Kentucky website

So is he a done deal to texas from your insider?

Wish i knew the kid from kansas hadnt withdrawn yet, id announced it and claimed myself as an “inside source”. his name is escaping me, wilson i Think. Figured he was there for feedback from the get go, not that he doesnt have lods of potential i just always assumed he would be back to show what he can do in an even more expanded role (I assume; i didnt know he lead ku in rebs) wtf mccormack lol.

Is the kid on espn bottomline champaignie goong to St Johns the same kid that played at pitt last year and led the acc in rebounding? Or just similar names.

And yea its all crazy af, ive heard UK fans say mintz was coming back to hes gone regardless if its over seas right back to now hes back. But im sure the NIL stuff played a huge part in his decision.

I wish carlik and johnson had the same forsight to wait until the last possible day to declare for good bc they both wpuld have killed it with the nil stuff especially DJ being a hometown kid, smdh. Timing is everything and we havent had ours right since april 2013 smdh.

Im not so sure Mintz himself hasnt re(politically correct word for going back on a deal) a few times. I believe he said he was going pro once and thanked the fans and what not and it was even on the bottomline davion mintz to forgo sr season to turn pro, iirc.

Kentucky has a large unhinged fanbase.
On them and not me.
They getting everyone😂

They still have a chance at an elite team.
I think they will be really good IF washington is a stud, preferrably at the 1 and they can figure out which PF or SG is gonna play SF bc they have the other two in spades, talent galore, but no real SF. Which i guess toppin or allen or brooks even could play it and will, it will just be interesting to see the rotations shake out when they are so stacked at the 2 and 4, like 3/4 deep stacked.

Its a shame ALL the freshmen left bc they wont get to exp what its really like to play for uk. 🤢 guess some fans would say they dont deserve to anyways lol

So is he a done deal to texas from your insider?

Wish i knew the kid from kansas hadnt withdrawn yet, id announced it and claimed myself as an “inside source”. his name is escaping me, wilson i Think. Figured he was there for feedback from the get go, not that he doesnt have lods of potential i just always assumed he would be back to show what he can do in an even more expanded role (I assume; i didnt know he lead ku in rebs) wtf mccormack lol.
If I had to guess it would be Carr to Texas, Duren to Memphis, Kofi to UK.

Reactions: Villian07
If I had to guess it would be Carr to Texas, Duren to Memphis, Kofi to UK.
Looks pretty probable to me as well although ill never understand the Kofi transfer, but if he leaves itll def be for UK.

can u edit and predict us to get juco big man Sydney curry 😉 i know uve probly never heard of him but Im afraid maliks foot could derail our season (again) and we need some more beef down low anyways.

Looks pretty probable to me as well although ill never understand the Kofi transfer, but if he leaves itll def be for UK.

can u edit and predict us to get juco big man Sydney curry 😉 i know uve probly never heard of him but Im afraid maliks foot could derail our season (again) and we need some more beef down low anyways.
Curry to Louisville = done deal! ;)

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT