ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

I could see Collins as a stretch 4. He's has a shooting touch plus he's so dang skinny. He's going to learn real quick about weight gain playing against Tshiebwe.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
They are basically clones of each other, although Cockburn is taller and bigger. Neither has much of an offensive skillset either. It's offensive boards and put-backs or lob dunks. I don't see any scenario in which Oscar is a 4 at UK. A center doesn't need to be 7'0" when he can box out 12 people at once like Oscar (and he has a massive wingspan).
I remember a story Tubby told about 6'6" Chuck Hayes and rebounding drills. It didn't matter how tall the other players were, he dominated every single time.

IIRC Barkley was 6'6" as well.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I could see Collins as a stretch 4. He's has a shooting touch plus he's so dang skinny. He's going to learn real quick about weight gain playing against Tshiebwe.
Oscar will snap him like a twig. UK needs Cockburn at this point so Oscar has someone to bang with in practice without killing them. 😆

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't have sources per se, but from what I'm hearing, Duren will likely end up at Memphis or G-league or NBL. First two a toss up and NBL a long shot.

If I was betting Cockburn is on the table due to Duren not committing on the spot.
Cockburn won’t be going to Kentucky. That’s wishful thinking by the national guys.

Reactions: KisteK
I remember a story Tubby told about 6'6" Chuck Hayes and rebounding drills. It didn't matter how tall the other players were, he dominated every single time.

IIRC Barkley was 6'6" as well.
Yep. Hayes was one of the best centers UK has ever had with the height of a SF. Barkley too, one of the best rebounders in NBA history.

Gosh if he does. Illinois will forever hate the tramp stamp we put on y'alls back this offseason.
Wasn’t meant as an insult. Just letting you know so you don’t get your hopes up.

If I was you I’d be more worried about Cal coaching a competent offensive system and figuring out how to deal with egos again.

Wasn’t meant as an insult. Just letting you know so you don’t get your hopes up.

If I was you I’d be more worried about Cal coaching a competent offensive system and figuring out how to deal with egos again.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Not at all, if Kofi doesn’t come back to Illinois it’ll be because he’s playing in some foreign league.

Disappointed Antigua left, but his issues weren’t going to be resolved in Champaign.

You guys can have Chin lol, dude was brought in to get us Ayo. Now that he’s gone, Chin has little use

Not at all, if Kofi doesn’t come back to Illinois it’ll be because he’s playing in some foreign league.

Disappointed Antigua left, but his issues weren’t going to be resolved in Champaign.

You guys can have Chin lol, dude was brought in to get us Ayo. Now that he’s gone, Chin has little use
Yeah, I can't say I was all that impressed with the Chin hire... but hopefully he can recruit.

Yeah, I can't say I was all that impressed with the Chin hire... but hopefully he can recruit.
Better be national because he has no ties to Chicago right now. He pissed off the Meanstreets years ago, and apparently had a blow up argument with Mac Irvin right before he left us.

Better be national because he has no ties to Chicago right now. He pissed off the Meanstreets years ago, and apparently had a blow up argument with Mac Irvin right before he left us.
He'll definitely be used for national. It's just the way we recruit. Not shit talking, but we're not reliant on one area. I guess Calipari or Antigua would handle Illinois recruits if it's as bad as you say with Chin.

He'll definitely be used for national. It's just the way we recruit. Not shit talking, but we're not reliant on one area. I guess Calipari or Antigua would handle Illinois recruits if it's as bad as you say with Chin.
I doubt Kentucky gets a recruit from Illinois out of 2022 or 2023. But you guys won’t need to. 2022 looks to be Cal’s best recruiting class since Fox, Monk, and Adebayo’s class.

I don't have sources per se, but from what I'm hearing, Duren will likely end up at Memphis or G-league or NBL. First two a toss up and NBL a long shot.

If I was betting Cockburn is on the table due to Duren not committing on the spot.
I keep hearing Michigan is big in the mix as well. Don't forget corporate dollars can bring in more than the G league now lol. Cockburn would be good to have. Duren is more versatile.

I agree with your earlier statement, this season is gonna be fun again! Cal seems to have given the green light to shooters. We seem to have more interchangeable pieces, especially at the wings. I can't wait!

I keep hearing Michigan is big in the mix as well. Don't forget corporate dollars can bring in more than the G league now lol. Cockburn would be good to have. Duren is more versatile.

I agree with your earlier statement, this season is gonna be fun again! Cal seems to have given the green light to shooters. We seem to have more interchangeable pieces, especially at the wings. I can't wait!
Michigan isn't in his top 5 (Memphis, Miami, UK, NBL, G League).

He didn't last long did he? AU fans tried to tell us.
man… i knew barbee was a shit hire when we got him. Cal just looking out for his buddies. Justus was just a collossal reach.

I hope the illinois fans are wrong about Chin. our moderators on HoB swear hes connected though. i think we’ve already gotten a couple of visits from high rated recruits he was tied to.

I doubt Kentucky gets a recruit from Illinois out of 2022 or 2023. But you guys won’t need to. 2022 looks to be Cal’s best recruiting class since Fox, Monk, and Adebayo’s class.
No shot at JJ Taylor?

No shot at JJ Taylor?
I’ve heard he burned down his bridges with the Mac Irvin Fire. Taylor to Kentucky isn’t completely out of the realm of possibility, but if I had to guess it’s Pro or if he goes to college, Illinois.

Omaha Biliew and Kwame Evans will probably be your biggest 3/4 options in 2023.

Reactions: Montana81
Underwood trying to bring in Obanor?

He should be on that.

This off-season was weird. I thought Underwood signed an extension but someone connected him to the Texas job. Then I guess there were some talk with OU.

They should have some guards. Obanor gives you more than Kofi ever would.

No.

All the smoke was with Texas.
We will see with Alabama

Most likely end up with either one. I don’t know what happened between Carr/Bama prior to him taking his name out of the draft
Like I said there has been talk about him and Texas for a month

So Carr was talking to another school not Minnesota, Bama, while being in the draft? Hmmmm..

Oates is about as gay as Drew at Baylor…

So Carr was talking to another school not Minnesota, Bama, while being in the draft? Hmmmm..

Oates is about as gay as Drew at Baylor…
He was already in the transfer portal…
Been in there since April I believe. Awhile.

Carr knows what the NBA people said. They weren’t convinced that his game translates to the NBA
Lou Williams is an exception. Not too many volume shooters being role players in the NBA.

On Carr to find the correct spot

He was already in the transfer portal…
Been in there since April I believe. Awhile.

Carr knows what the NBA people said. They weren’t convinced that his game translates to the NBA
Lou Williams is an exception. Not too many volume shooters being role players in the NBA.

On Carr to find the correct spot

He was in the draft but now withdrew his name.
I was just wondering if Oates was pulling a Drew and tampering like he always does.

There’s a reason Drew got Davion Mitchell, and nothing was on board. He’s a POS.

Shockingly, Louisville made Marcus Carr’s list. Texas, UK, Louisville, and Kansas.

According to our home board at least, bama wasnt listed so im not sold on the source.

It actually makes alot of sense, basketball wise as we dont really have a true pg (which i realize carr isnt either but hes more of one than what we have on the roster). While texas still has ramey iirc and uk has mintz and tyty, and Kansas has the kid from last year, harris maybe, who showed good potential, but not too sure what else they have at PG.

We have El Ellis the #1 juco who is more of a combo, then west from marshall and locke from florida who are both SGs but one will have to be the backup pg i assume. I guess in todays game, most pgs are combos. Not that many pass first, “true point guards” anymore imo.

Anyways, id love to see carr in red and black but i realize its super doubtful. Is little ricky still minns coach? Doubt hed be looking to do us any favors after cannong his dad, deserved or not. Carr will prob do what his fave nba players do and join one of the super teams they are building in austin and lex.

ADVERTISEMENT