ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Pretty crazy. 4 years + redshirting as a transfer + medical redshirt + COVID year. I suspect he's not the only one. Andrew Jones (Texas) has played 5 years, and Shaka mentioned that he could still have two years of eligibility.

Feel kind of bad for Dajuan Harris. I like his potential. Bill Self evidently wasn't ready to hand the keys to the corvette over. He'll probably see similar minutes like he had in this past season. If Agbaji comes back, KU could very easily be the #1 team to start the season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I didn't realize Grady was a 2000 point scorer.

Also, it's a bit odd we're only going to have 3 Freshmen. Sure a lot of new faces, but I we're watching Calipari adapt again.

Pretty crazy. 4 years + redshirting as a transfer + medical redshirt + COVID year. I suspect he's not the only one. Andrew Jones (Texas) has played 5 years, and Shaka mentioned that he could still have two years of eligibility.

Feel kind of bad for Dajuan Harris. I like his potential. Bill Self evidently wasn't ready to hand the keys to the corvette over. He'll probably see similar minutes like he had in this past season. If Agbaji comes back, KU could very easily be the #1 team to start the season.
It's now sounding like Agbaji is staying in the draft. I think that's why they picked up this guy.

I'm not sure that Dajuan has proven to be ready for the starting PG role on a team with championship aspirations. I think he's better suited for a similar role as last year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
It's now sounding like Agbaji is staying in the draft. I think that's why they picked up this guy.

I'm not sure that Dajuan has proven to be ready for the starting PG role on a team with championship aspirations. I think he's better suited for a similar role as last year.

Makes sense. That KU team would look very crowded with Coleman-Lands and Agbaji.

And yes, Harris probably isn't the guy you want as your primary ballhandler if you're chasing a title. Just like his potential, and I think he could be a really solid player down the road.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Back on that Will Wade...
I didn’t tell him to say this. I never met this kid personally. I do know how kids think
They don’t want a coach who sits on his hands. They want one who is aggressive.
Not riding with a coach who doesn’t take what he wants...

Griggs comments on Wade are funny.
“It's a great school with a great history and I love coach Will Wade. He lets his dudes roll. They play hard and he lets them play their game rolling the ball and you do your thing if you have talent. I told my mom I love that school and what the coach stands for.”

I didn’t tell him to say this. I never met this kid personally. I do know how kids think

“It's a great school with a great history and I love coach Will Wade. He lets his dudes roll. They play hard and he lets them play their game rolling the ball and you do your thing if you have talent. I told my mom I love that school and what the coach stands for.”

I honestly don't get how he's still coaching. I sound like B.Knight.

I really don't think a Kentucky fan should attempt to take the high road here.

Calipari doesn't mess around either. Why he gets players.

Don't think you want some soft ass coach there..
LAME!!!!

Put Calipari on tape like that, and you'll watch UK fans turn on any coach. You might dispute that, but every single UK fan I know, we've talked about it off board.

UK is bigger than all 5 coaches who won a title. Clearly.

LAME!!!!

Put Calipari on tape like that, and you'll watch UK fans turn on any coach. You might dispute that, but every single UK fan I know, we've talked about it off board.

UK is bigger than all 5 coaches who won a title. Clearly.

That is totally false

Kentucky sold their soul awhile ago to win...

It is ruthless. Not going to win with a goldfish. Need a Shark.

Reactions: Villian07
That is totally false

Kentucky sold their soul awhile ago to win...

It is ruthless. Not going to win with a goldfish. Need a Shark.
Well you would know better than me.

200.gif

Texas was always a bit confusing to me. We all know the resources, but where's the hardware?

We do ok with our misally resources, but geez, could you imagine UK with UT's backing? Oh, lawd.

The narrative getting passed around about Will Wade is actually helping him. Not hurting the him. NCAA isn't doing shit.

Saying Wade is making strong ass offers all over the place is making people think the guy wants to win.

Plus players like that he gives them that offensive freedom to show off for the NBA.

Texas was always a bit confusing to me. We all know the resources, but where's the hardware?

We do ok with our misally resources, but geez, could you imagine UK with UT's backing? Oh, lawd.

Texas will be Texas. All that money and they continue to swing and miss. You gotta crawl before you walk and as of right now they’re scooting.

Has any recruit ever had a professional league on his final list and not gone pro? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Has any recruit ever had a professional league on his final list and not gone pro? Can't think of any off the top of my head.
there was one lately, but tbh, so many have UK on their list, it's hard to remember which one.

It was a bit odd and a realization it's real.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Bush league. Hopefully not many teams are doing this. Are mid-majors worried that P6 coaches are passing out business cards at the handshake line?

Can't imagine playing D-1 basketball and your biggest game of the season might be against South Dakota State.

Bush league. Hopefully not many teams are doing this. Are mid-majors worried that P6 coaches are passing out business cards at the handshake line?

Can't imagine playing D-1 basketball and your biggest game of the season might be against South Dakota State.
Maybe it’s business cards being handed to their parents in the stands after the game. “Your son has a bright future. Give us a call if he ever wants guidance or becomes unhappy with his situation.”

Good luck getting at large bids to the tourney with this strategy.

Good luck getting at large bids to the tourney with this strategy.

Those schools mostly weren’t getting in that way anyway. The committee has mostly shown to let in the middling P6 school over the good mid majors that stumbled in their tournament.

I don’t like the move by mid major coaches here, but most big changes in rules do result in some response. You hope that those making the first decision (NCAA) foresaw the chance of this happening and made the decision while understanding those potential consequences. But somehow I doubt it.

Reactions: jhmossy

wut? good for them? That's going to take some processing.

Werent' small schools doing it for the paycheck to the university, and see where they're at for upcoming smaller schools?

Stll confused

Not that it wasn’t totally obvious before, but damn if that quote isn’t Exhibit A for why kids at LSU haven’t developed into NBA talents under Will Wade. The dude doesn’t know how to make them better he just lets them do their aau thing.

I bet guys like Emmitt Williams and Naz Reid would have been drafted if they went to a place like UK, FSU, Texas Tech (under Beard), Gonzaga, etc.

8FA9F38C-9425-45FE-983A-21E7B0D19ACD.png.4fe72cd36330cc9b351c0161b11f5bbe.png

Guess Texas will also get a player whose name is in the NBA draft
Good chance it is Terrence Shannon Jr.
He just followed Howard on Twitter

Some are holding out hope with Abmas
Would be smart to hold out for Abmas. He makes Texas a legit Final 4 contender

8FA9F38C-9425-45FE-983A-21E7B0D19ACD.png.4fe72cd36330cc9b351c0161b11f5bbe.png

Guess Texas will also get a player whose name is in the NBA draft
Good chance it is Terrence Shannon Jr.
He just followed Howard on Twitter

Some are holding out hope with Abmas
Would be smart to hold out for Abmas. He makes Texas a legit Final 4 contender

Your guy might want to check his sources. Mitchell was at FSU this past weekend. Just sayin. One of the rivals recruiting analysts says he likes FSU’s chances. Decision likely in a week per Umass sources.

Last edited:
Your guy might want to check his sources. Mitchell was at FSU this past weekend. Just sayin. One of the rivals recruiting analysts says he likes FSU’s chances. Decision likely in a week per Umass sources.

???
He has visited a few schools. Will visit another one this weekend.
Guy was saying to stay away from him because Bergeron will be involved no matter

???
He has visited a few schools. Will visit another one this weekend.
Guy was saying to stay away from him because Bergeron will be involved no matter
Yeah I get that, but was also said that Mitchell was willing to go to Texas w/o Bergeron. Ham won’t take the handler either so if he chooses FSU, handler won’t be part of it. Russ Wood says he likes FSU’s chances as of today. Nobody wants Bergeron...maybe Wade will take him.

Yeah I get that, but was also said that Mitchell was willing to go to Texas w/o Bergeron. Ham won’t take the handler either so if he chooses FSU, handler won’t be part of it. Russ Wood says he likes FSU’s chances as of today. Nobody wants Bergeron...maybe Wade will take him.

Like I said about a month ago it wasn’t a package deal. Because no one would give him a job.
But some people are saying you don’t want Mitchell around at all because of Bergeron

Like I said about a month ago it wasn’t a package deal. Because no one would give him a job.
But some people are saying you don’t want Mitchell around at all because of Bergeron

I wouldn’t be concerned knowing Ham won’t put up with a bunch of BS. I’d take Mitchell or Cisse. Losing our center hurts. The centers currently on roster were worth a few rebs and fouls last year.

ADVERTISEMENT