ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

I don’t think we have the minutes. Don’t know for sure
Not going to guarantee Mitchell anything anyway. Sounds like Florida State is pretty desperate for a big.

But even with that and the program clearly telling him that they have no position for Bergeron he has remained interested
Probably wants to spend some time in Austin. Can’t blame him. Young kid wanting to enjoy life

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Fans are probably more desperate than Ham. He has 4- 7 footers with Butler and McCloud coming in. I think we as fans want a dominant big like Mitchell or Cisse.

Like I said about a month ago it wasn’t a package deal. Because no one would give him a job.
But some people are saying you don’t want Mitchell around at all because of Bergeron

You didn’t say that. I said that. His “step dad” (Bergeron) wanted it to be a package deal. But the only high major coach willing to entertain it was Crean at UGA. But apparently even he isn’t willing to anymore. Which isn’t a surprise because Mitchell is only gonna be on campus for one season wherever he goes.

I said this in this thread weeks ago.

Fans are probably more desperate than Ham. He has 4- 7 footers with Butler and McCloud coming in. I think we as fans want a dominant big like Mitchell or Cisse.

Butler probably won’t even play during league play. And if he does, he’s not a center anyway.

Texas could use Mitchell. Every team could use a Tre Mitchell. He’s a legit 14/7 guy in any high major conference. But the questions around his mom and mom’s fiancé are legit. He’s pure trash.

FSU is certainly in it but I’m not sure I’d consider us a true leader. Maybe one of the co-leaders.

Butler probably won’t even play during league play. And if he does, he’s not a center anyway.

Texas could use Mitchell. Every team could use a Tre Mitchell. He’s a legit 14/7 guy in any high major conference. But the questions around his mom and mom’s fiancé are legit. He’s pure trash.

FSU is certainly in it but I’m not sure I’d consider us a true leader. Maybe one of the co-leaders.

Butler definitely a 4, at least early on in his career.

Like I said the story was Texas pretty much has a player whose name is in the NBA Draft locked in

Logical conclusions say it is Terence Shannon Jr

You put Shannon on the team it means a guy like Christian Bishop will need to get his minutes in reserve.
They have UTEP transfer Bryson Williams who is from Fresno. Went to Fresno St first and then followed Terry to UTEP

He fits that role
Someone who can play 10 minutes on one night. Maybe 25-30 another depending on the matchups.

Roster management could be tough with Tre Mitchell.
Mitchell believes he is a NBA player and deserves 30+ minutes.

Puts a guy like Bishop into question and even Terrence Shannon
Maybe I am wrong about Shannon but don’t think he is a possibility if he isn’t starting
All Big 12 quality player

Butler definitely a 4, at least early on in his career.

Calling him a 4 or a 5 or a 3 doesn’t really matter. His role is what matters.

On offense he will be used like Jon Isaac light. On the perimeter to do pick and roll, hit threes, occasionally catch lobs, mid range off the one dribble.

On defense we pretty much switch everything anyway, but he should be an okay rim protector. But this isn’t Koumadje or Big Dom, or even Balsa. Totally different type of player.

And all of that is year 2. Wouldn’t be surprised if he redshirts this year.

My guess is Mitchell either commits to Texas this weekend or goes home to think about things. His “handler” may be waiting for a last minute call from Wade to see if the bag got bigger lol.

Could be right.

If he just wants to maximize his exposure and chances of getting drafted next year, then FSU is the obvious choice. Plenty of available minutes, play for a top 15 team, work with a coach universally respected for developing big men. The number of zeroes could be much bigger if he just puts off the pay day for one year.

But his mom and handler may not be able to see the forest through the trees.

Today was a huge football recruiting day. Had all the top juniors in the area in town including Arch Manning
Plus hosted a super regional game.
Probably hear something Monday maybe about Tre Mitchell
Don’t think the visit starts until tomorrow

^^^^ that post makes it seem like you mean texas has Tre’s bag full lol. Full support of all the boosters, the recruits ours now lol.

Every team in contention for Tre is doing their best to meet some requests. The handler isn’t gonna get a coaching job at places like Texas or FSU, so counters have to be made.

I was just being facetious with sheriff insinuating that Beard having full support of the boosters is $omething that would affect a recruit/transfers decision.

Any more who knows. I wish every coach in the country would tell any kid with a “handler” thanks but no thanks, lose that guy and ill recruit you. But alas its a billion dollar business and nothing pays like winning.

If none of the finalists have room for the handler as a coach, he probably wants $ome ca$h to steer Mitchell in the right direction. Beware of last minute calls from Wade.

Not a transfer but UK is getting the last visit with him this month. Jalen Duren is reclassifying and will be attending college this fall. Some rate him #1 in the class of 2022 and some #2.

Not a transfer but UK is getting the last visit with him this month. Jalen Duren is reclassifying and will be attending college this fall. Some rate him #1 in the class of 2022 and some #2.

Whoa, wouldn't that move Oscar to the bench then?

If Nova lands him, without a doubt, number 1 team entering next season imo..

Tre Mitchell isn’t a bad kid…

What has happened is his name is getting drug through the mud.
Outstanding student and athlete. More than that the people at UMASS say that he is an outstanding teammate

Yeah think we all realize that from what he has accomplished academically and what’s been written about him. Bergeron has been the issue.

I know for a fact you would not be saying this if he wasn’t going to Texas.
My comment wasn’t really about this situation…
Just life in general. I don’t care where Tre goes.
I can remove my fandom about certain situations. Unfair for Tre Mitchell. More that that gossip is gossip. Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean I won’t

Contenders/prediction for Maryland transfer Darryl Morsel?

Winters @ClipboardDW

Our Maryland expert Jeff Erman is my go-to guy for information on all things Terrapin related. The latest scoop I have received is that DePaul and Marquette are likely transfer destinations.

Whoa, wouldn't that move Oscar to the bench then?

If Nova lands him, without a doubt, number 1 team entering next season imo..
It would be a great problem for us. Right now he has Memphis, Michigan and UK scheduled for visits. If we got him, Oscar and him would rotate at center, Collins would be at the pf. I would think it will be down to Nova and us. However if he doesn't commit to Kentucky after the visit, I doubt we get him.

My comment wasn’t really about this situation…
Just life in general. I don’t care where Tre goes.
I can remove my fandom about certain situations. Unfair for Tre Mitchell. More that that gossip is gossip. Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean I won’t

What are you going on about? Who has said they don’t like Tre Mitchell?

It would be a great problem for us. Right now he has Memphis, Michigan and UK scheduled for visits. If we got him, Oscar and him would rotate at center, Collins would be at the pf. I would think it will be down to Nova and us. However if he doesn't commit to Kentucky after the visit, I doubt we get him.
Who do you think plays sf? Bc it seems yall have a million big men and guards and no small forward at all. I guess toppin or brooks could be considered sf but id say they are PFs as well. I guess not much difference in sf and pf or sf and sg anyways.

Who do you think plays sf? Bc it seems yall have a million big men and guards and no small forward at all. I guess toppin or brooks could be considered sf but id say they are PFs as well. I guess not much difference in sf and pf or sf and sg anyways.
Cal likes to use the term positionless basketball lol You're right about Brooks and Toppin, especially when we go big and shooters there as well when we go smaller. Our guys started practicing June 1st. Cal saved a scholarship for him, but if he doesn't commit during or right after the visit. It'll be a no go for us. Cal will want him on campus asap.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Only person I am hearing about is Kijani Wright who visited this weekend
Most likely Tre Mitchell and his people came to spend some time in Austin
Quiet. Probably ends up at Florida State
Especially since the hype is now directed towards Wright and then Morris who will visit next.

We will see. The University of Texas loves winners. Why you have to win there regardless of sport
To do so you have to make a great first appearance.
Beard is doing that. He understands the University.

Funny that Tech fans continue to complain about the motion offense
Unstoppable when it runs to perfection. Just difficult.
Even in the NBA. Why they went to more isolation. But the Warriors changed how people saw the game at the NBA level.

We will see with Texas. I would like to see what Abmas can do in it. Possibly he is willing to be a second round pick and go from there

We will see. The University of Texas loves winners. Why you have to win there regardless of sport
To do so you have to make a great first appearance.
Beard is doing that. He understands the University.

Funny that Tech fans continue to complain about the motion offense
Unstoppable when it runs to perfection. Just difficult.
Even in the NBA. Why they went to more isolation. But the Warriors changed how people saw the game at the NBA level.

We will see with Texas. I would like to see what Abmas can do in it. Possibly he is willing to be a second round pick and go from there

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

The guy telling everyone for two years that Beard was nothing and Shaka was better is now on here touting Beard. Can’t make this stuff up.

ADVERTISEMENT