ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

We are just curious about the Rivals 150 ranking process and were wondering if you can give us a little more insight @Dan McDonald @RobCassidy_Rivals @Russ Wood @Jamie Shaw

@SheriffBufordTJustice thinks uncommitted players get a huge boost in ranking based solely on the pedigree of programs that offer them.

In other words, TyTy Washington only moved up 21 spots because he decommitted from Creighton and committed to Kentucky. Right? ;)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Butler is likely not playing a bunch at center. He’s weighs around 200. Likely some 4. McCloud is an unknown as far as I know. Been in JC and not a highly recruited guy as far as I can recall. Everyone on the roster right now is a big step down from Balsa at the 5.

Texas just hired all their coaches...
Unless Texas is just there as filler this isn't a 100% package deal.

Don't know what is going on at Florida State

I think the issue at Texas is Disu and Bishop
Both can play the 5 at times if needed.

Truthfully need a guy for 25-30 minutes

We are just curious about the Rivals 150 ranking process and were wondering if you can give us a little more insight @Dan McDonald @RobCassidy_Rivals @Russ Wood @Jamie Shaw

@SheriffBufordTJustice thinks uncommitted players get a huge boost in ranking based solely on the pedigree of programs that offer them.

In other words, TyTy Washington only moved up 21 spots because he decommitted from Creighton and committed to Kentucky. Right? ;)

Don't particularly care about the justification for the rankings

Because we have a kid who is now #11 and we have people talking as if he is a OAD before he steps on the floor at Kentucky

Don't particularly care about the justification for the rankings

Because we have a kid who is now #11 and we have people talking as if he is a OAD before he steps on the floor at Kentucky
You're the one that told us the justification for the rankings, I'm just asking the people that ranked them to chime in and confirm.

You're the one that told us the justification for the rankings, I'm just asking the people that ranked them to chime in and confirm.

The justification how I saw the rankings.
Don't particularly care how someone else saw them

I see a player who has potential. But I feel like the hype and expectation of seeing his name as a lottery pick could hurt him.
We will see

You brought in two bigs in the recruiting class.
Unless you expect both to play with Mitchell or you think neither are ready to play 15+ minutes.

John Butler isn’t a big. He’s a 6’11 jumbo wing who stands on the perimeter and makes threes. He’s a strong candidate to redshirt, as he needs to add SIGNIFICANT strength and weight.

Naheem McLeod is a traditional big but he’s a JUCO who, even if he fully qualifies, needs a lot of work to play more than 10-15 minutes a game.

You really think you know more about FSU basketball than I do?

The justification how I saw the rankings.
Don't particularly care how someone else saw them

I see a player who has potential. But I feel like the hype and expectation of seeing his name as a lottery pick could hurt him.
We will see
Trying to backtrack now? You didn't say that's how you saw the rankings, you said that's how they are ranked.

Trying to backtrack now? You didn't say that's how you saw the rankings, you said that's how they are ranked.

Not going to continue to argue with you because you are missing the point...

If this kid doesn't perform up to this OAD standard he shouldn't be attacked

Luckily Kentucky is going to have a bounce back season. But last year a lot of these recruits were shitted on by Kentucky fans

I personally don't see Washington as a OAD.

Not going to continue to argue with you because you are missing the point...

If this kid doesn't perform up to this OAD standard he shouldn't be attacked

Luckily Kentucky is going to have a bounce back season. But last year a lot of these recruits were shitted on by Kentucky fans

I personally don't see Washington as a OAD.
I didn't say anything about OAD or expectations. You are ate up, bro. I feel like you're just trying to stick up for Askew because he's a Horn now.

Who said you personally
I said something about his shooting and it went from there.

You commented on one of my post.

Comparing him to Brandon Knight is a stretch...
All I commented on was, "Washington. Top 50 player but one whose rating jumped because teams needed a guard because of the transfer portal."

All I commented on was, "Washington. Top 50 player but one whose rating jumped because teams needed a guard because of the transfer portal."

You feel differently.
That is fine.

Maybe I wanted to drop the bar.

You put the bar at OAD. What else can a recruit accomplish.

I see if he can be the best player on the team as a true freshman.
But that isn't Washington.

Texas just hired all their coaches...
Unless Texas is just there as filler this isn't a 100% package deal.

Don't know what is going on at Florida State

I think the issue at Texas is Disu and Bishop
Both can play the 5 at times if needed.

Truthfully need a guy for 25-30 minutes

Texas just hired all of who’s coaches? UMass?

#1 wish was granted....hopefully the next news will be Wilson and Agbaji pulling out of the draft.

Don’t bother. Those guys don’t respond to anything on basketball recruiting board. Really sad to see the difference in interaction now compared to two years ago.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
to be good. He's a lot like Brandon Knight. He's got all the tools and size. Wheeler is a good get for us, although there's some other fans on here that are skeptical. He's an assist machine. 4th in the nation in assists and led the SEC TO's to assists ratio. With our bigs and shooters, Wheeler will be an asset.

I like our team for next year. Great balance. 3 top 15 transfers, 2 solid recruits

I heard Goodman talking about that stat of Wheeler leading the SEC in assist to turnover ratio right before he announced his commitment. But, kind of a worthless stat when you consider how he ranks against everyone else in the country. 171st? Also, dude was 3rd in the country in turnovers per game and had an effective field goal percentage of 42.6%. He could prove to be a great floor general if he could simply be a little more efficient. Currently, I have him ranked as the 47th best transfer. Just did a google search of the top transfers, and CBS had him as the #48 transfer. Similar evaluations. Kentucky still has the best transfer class, IMO. I think Tshiebwe and Grady are top 15 transfers.

assist-turnover-ratio.png

I heard Goodman talking about that stat of Wheeler leading the SEC in assist to turnover ratio right before he announced his commitment. But, kind of a worthless stat when you consider how he ranks against everyone else in the country. 171st? Also, dude was 3rd in the country in turnovers per game and had an effective field goal percentage of 42.6%. He could prove to be a great floor general if he could simply be a little more efficient. Currently, I have him ranked as the 47th best transfer. Just did a google search of the top transfers, and CBS had him as the #48 transfer. Similar evaluations. Kentucky still has the best transfer class, IMO. I think Tshiebwe and Grady are top 15 transfers.

tumblr_mzg1ynul7E1s36aafo1_500.gif

Reactions: dukedevilz
Number one transfer to Kansas. Huge pick up.

Remy had his coming out party his freshmen year against Kansas. I want to say he was the 6th man for ASU that year. But, there he was playing like a seasoned vet in the very hostile/raucous Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Martin took over in that game. And I doubt he or Self has ever forgotten it. Kind of crazy that he's transferring to a historically great program that he happened to beat twice in the OOC season. Top transfer on the market this season was either Remy Martin or Marcus Carr, IMO. That's a monster pick up, and makes you guys legitimate title contenders.

Remy had his coming out party his freshmen year against Kansas. I want to say he was the 6th man for ASU that year. But, there he was playing like a seasoned vet in the very hostile/raucous Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Martin took over in that game. And I doubt he or Self has ever forgotten it. Kind of crazy that he's transferring to a historically great program that he happened to beat twice in the OOC season. Top transfer on the market this season was either Remy Martin or Marcus Carr, IMO. That's a monster pick up, and makes you guys legitimate title contenders.
Our issue was our 1 and 2 guards. We weren’t quick. We weren’t athletic. And we couldn’t create.

Martin and Yesufu are going to be a blessing. Two athletic quick guards who can shoot and create. This is going to make a huge difference in the shots Braun and Wilson get (and Ochai if he comes back).

we are going to be legit.

Manny Bates is likely to be the next big target in the portal. Averaged roughly 10 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks, while shooting 64% from the field.

Reactions: duckboy33

I don't disagree with his turnover stats. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the crummy offense and most likely tried to force too much.

His assists however are crazy. Might even be better with our offense, Cal will correct his turnover problems. His defense is pretty good as well. He's ok scoring to the basket. I may be the only one, but I like this pick up with our team makeup.

Shoot, Ham better be all over him. That would be game changing for FSU.

Wonder if Ham is onto Cisse right now? FSU was on his short list before signing with Memphis. Yeah Bates’ stats look like what Ham wants out of his center.

ADVERTISEMENT