ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Mitchell wants to play pro basketball.

Really wants to be in the NBA draft this year and not return to college.

That really isn't happening because UMASS didn't really play many games last year

He is leaving there because he is trying to get to the NBA...

This is about minutes
This is about development

This isn't about money nor getting people a job

Leaving UMass is about getting more exposure and playing against better competition.

But the reason he was at UMass in the first place was due to his high school coach/moms fiancé being hired there. And that guy left UMass in order to move up to a bigger school with Tre.

Leaving UMass is about getting more exposure and playing against better competition.

But the reason he was at UMass in the first place was due to his high school coach/moms fiancé being hired there. And that guy left UMass in order to move up to a bigger school with Tre.

The coach was fired...

He had the guy a job at UMASS and still left

There is no package deal

Comparisons to Knight are part of the problem.

Knight was a for sure one and done. One of the best players in the country .

Washington. Top 50 player but one whose rating jumped because teams needed a guard because of the transfer portal

Two different types of players. Washington is a work in process. He says that as well as Calipari.
Shai says Hi lol His upside is really good. Good scorer, finisher and passer. We have an excellent playmaker in Wheeler. So Ty will learn a lot and progress throughout the season.

With who we have coming in next year, I suspect Cal has him as a one and done. He's a projected 1st rounder now.

Last edited:
Rankings are determine by who is going after a player...

Washington had attention so therefore you saw a rise in his rating.
Attention was based on a lot of schools having players leave by the transfer portal

Great player. But no where close to a OAD
Hahahaha, you really are clueless if that's how you think the rankings work.

If he stayed committed to Creighton. He would have stayed around 30-40.

You know how. This has been proven numerous times by fake recruits.
Ratings are determine by offers
giphy.gif

The coach was fired...

He had the guy a job at UMASS and still left

There is no package deal

He LEFT a couple days after his soon to be step son left. I’m not speaking in “oh hey, I wonder if this is happening.” I’m reporting what is going on.

He LEFT a couple days after his soon to be step son left. I’m not speaking in “oh hey, I wonder if this is happening.” I’m reporting what is going on.

Haven't heard about this package deal
Heard about Bergeron.
Heard any talk of a package deal isn't true at all.

He will go somewhere that he can play 30-35 minutes a game

Most likely Georgia or LSU .

This Is about time on the court and development.

Dude isn't going to be so shortsighted..

Next year I expect an apology when he isn't getting drafted as a lottery pick

The truth plays itself out here.

Don't shit on him though because your expectations were too high
These aren't my expectations, bruh. He was ranked where he is by people who watched him play this spring and they don't give a shit who he had offers from. Also, why did Hunter Sallis drop 26 spots? He had offers from everyone. 😆

These aren't my expectations, bruh. He was ranked where he is by people who watched him play this spring and they don't give a shit who he had offers from.

Yes and no

You can watch a player who has zero high level offers and think the world of him.
But not going to rank him higher than a player who those high major schools are going after.

Who is recruiting a player is very important. That is how people hedge things

Yes and no

You can watch a player who has zero high level offers and think the world of him.
But not going to rank him higher than a player who those high major schools are going after.

Who is recruiting a player is very important. That is how people hedge things
Why did Hunter Sallis drop 26 spots? His offer sheet is as impressive as anyone's.

Haven't heard about this package deal
Heard about Bergeron.
Heard any talk of a package deal isn't true at all.

He will go somewhere that he can play 30-35 minutes a game

Most likely Georgia or LSU .

This Is about time on the court and development.

Dude isn't going to be so shortsighted..

I already said in this thread that pretty much every high major program said no to the one year rental coach. Ham and Stan def did. Crean might be desperate enough but even there I don’t think so.

So now it’s about who can present the best compromise.

Sahvir Wheeler to Kentucky. Yay, I guess?

I doubt we add anyone else. Unless we get a surprise and Jackson or Mintz returns. Our roster is set.
The lack of excitement over a guy that shot 48% from the field when he actually had warm bodies around him and dished out 7+ assists per game to verified bums is quite astonishing to me...

The lack of excitement over a guy that shot 48% from the field when he actually had warm bodies around him and dished out 7+ assists per game to verified bums is quite astonishing to me...
He’s undersized and can’t shoot. Surely you can understand Kentucky fans’ concerns with shooting at this point.

Mitchell wants to play pro basketball.

Really wants to be in the NBA draft this year and not return to college.

That really isn't happening because UMASS didn't really play many games last year

He is leaving there because he is trying to get to the NBA...

This is about minutes
This is about development

This isn't about money nor getting people a job

Thanks Tre for the heads up lol.

BTW regarding your comment about only “hoping” our coach could be as aggressive as slick Willy... well Caleb Mills, remember him? Leading scorer at Houston his freshman year is now at FSU. Add in Cam’ron Fletcher from UK. Ham is on Mitchell’s list, and likely on Cisse’s list as well, tho nothing to confirm that. Our coach is doing just fine thanks and NOT on FBI tape cheating.

Step 1: Make a sweeping claim that is wildly inaccurate.

Step 2: In an attempt to defend said claim, find a way to make less sense.

Step 3: Completely change the topic by shifting toward another, equally horrendous point.

Step 4: Proclaim that “we will see”

Step 1: Make a sweeping claim that is wildly inaccurate.

Step 2: In an attempt to defend said claim, find a way to make less sense.

Step 3: Completely change the topic by shifting toward another, equally horrendous point.

Step 4: Proclaim that “we will see”

How about.

We had four players last year who were attacked on social media by Kentucky fans for not living up to expectations.

So like I said...

If Kentucky fans are thinking TyTy Washington is Brandon Knight they might be disappointed again

Thanks Tre for the heads up lol.

BTW regarding your comment about only “hoping” our coach could be as aggressive as slick Willy... well Caleb Mills, remember him? Leading scorer at Houston his freshman year is now at FSU. Add in Cam’ron Fletcher from UK. Ham is on Mitchell’s list, and likely on Cisse’s list as well, tho nothing to confirm that. Our coach is doing just fine thanks and NOT on FBI tape cheating.
Now when a school loses a recruit to LSU it will be because of a strong ass offer...

If Mitchell doesn't go to Florida State it will be about playing time.

From what I have heard he feels like he deserves certain things.

Teams like to rotate players and how they play
Mitchell mighr not see the court at some schools as much as he likes

Now when a school loses a recruit to LSU it will be because of a strong ass offer...

If Mitchell doesn't go to Florida State it will be about playing time.

From what I have heard he feels like he deserves certain things.

Teams like to rotate players and how they play
Mitchell mighr not see the court at some schools as much as he likes

Mitchell would have massive amounts of playing time at FSU. We don’t have a single proven guy in the front court.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
They were committed...
Washington jumped because he was uncommitted and received a bunch of offers late.
All his major offers came in the last 3 months.

If he stayed at Creighton. Those offers would've come. Most likely staying around 40.
Ohhhh, so they are allowed to drop after they commit? Gotcha. 😆 😆 😆 So why did Michael Foster drop 16 spots?

Ohhhh, so they are allowed to drop after they commit? Gotcha. 😆 😆 😆 So why did Michael Foster drop 16 spots?

Every situation is different.

If you want to think Washington deserves that ranking it is on you

But I wouldn't allow that ranking to establish expectations

Simple as that.

We can go around in a circle about this all day
Doesn't really matter. Like I said the truth shows itself.

You brought in two bigs in the recruiting class.
Unless you expect both to play with Mitchell or you think neither are ready to play 15+ minutes.

Butler is likely not playing a bunch at center. He’s weighs around 200. Likely some 4. McCloud is an unknown as far as I know. Been in JC and not a highly recruited guy as far as I can recall. Everyone on the roster right now is a big step down from Balsa at the 5.

ADVERTISEMENT