ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

The guy telling everyone for two years that Beard was nothing and Shaka was better is now on here touting Beard. Can’t make this stuff up.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. Told people that Beard is only as good as the players
Shaka was bringing in talent. But Shaka wasn’t aggressive. So far Chris Beard has been

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
We will see. The University of Texas loves winners. Why you have to win there regardless of sport
To do so you have to make a great first appearance.
Beard is doing that. He understands the University.

Funny that Tech fans continue to complain about the motion offense
Unstoppable when it runs to perfection. Just difficult.
Even in the NBA. Why they went to more isolation. But the Warriors changed how people saw the game at the NBA level.

We will see with Texas. I would like to see what Abmas can do in it. Possibly he is willing to be a second round pick and go from there

All schools love winners but when was the last time Texas MBB done anything note worthy?

Reactions: duckboy33
When merchandise sales translate to the court let me know.

So players can now make money off their name.
Just went through the Texas State Government. Majority of states are passing these laws. Pretty sure N Carolina has or will.

This helps with recruiting. Always about the players.

We will see what happens. Beard isn’t messing around this year.
Looks on paper to be at the very least an E8 team. The team could eventually get better after the combine.

Reactions: KisteK
So players can now make money off their name.
Just went through the Texas State Government. Majority of states are passing these laws. Pretty sure N Carolina has or will.

This helps with recruiting. Always about the players.

We will see what happens. Beard isn’t messing around this year.
Looks on paper to be at the very least an E8 team. The team could eventually get better after the combine.

Beard is a good coach and I'm anxious to see he how he fares with more resources. I will agree with you that NIL law will help with recruiting and to be honest I don't know if NC is on the verge of doing that. With the talent in TX you guys should get the top tier talent every year

Beard is a good coach and I'm anxious to see he how he fares with more resources. I will agree with you that NIL law will help with recruiting and to be honest I don't know if NC is on the verge of doing that. With the talent in TX you guys should get the top tier talent every year

Talent has never been the issue at Texas. Just look at NBA rosters.

Poor Baylor. Used as a trampoline.
Different stakes now.
Can’t let another school be better in a major sport

Gotta love it when someone totally changes the topic of the conversation. It’s a dead giveaway for that person knowing they are wrong.
Nobody is taking away Baylor’s accomplishments.
But they raised the stakes by winning a NC
There is just no way Texas will let them become a basketball power without a fight

Same thing happened in football with TCU and SMU

There is just no way Texas will let them become a basketball power without a fight

They already are a basketball power. That’s the point. They’ve arguably had the best team in the country for 2020 and 2021.

Well Baylor has the better basketball program right now. Try making it to the second weekend of the tournament multiple times then you can be considered legit.

You have to feel a little embarrassed when you post stuff like this. Right?
Current era we are living in because of the changes.
Players now can make money from their likeness. Schools who have the ability to get names out there will use it to recruit.

If you want I can direct you somewhere that will give you an in-depth explanation.

There is no divisions between sports…
So big name schools like Texas and a few others will be a huge force in basketball as well
Already seeing it with Michigan. Few others like Oklahoma, Alabama and LSU

If Texas wins the Baseball NC they will have the same number of NC this year as Baylor does in their entire history

yea bc that womens tennis NC or golf nc or whatever is the same as basketball or football NC. Ill give you baseball, pretty popular sport and growing.

Of your ncs this year i bet no one can name a single player/runner on yalls roster. (Im not even sure what yall won but it was obv “minor” non revenue sports.

Granted NCs should be celebrated regardless, but id rather have one football or basketball ship than 10 non revenue sport NCs. Jmo

yea bc that womens tennis NC or golf nc or whatever is the same as basketball or football NC. Ill give you baseball, pretty popular sport and growing.

Of your ncs this year i bet no one can name a single player/runner on yalls roster. (Im not even sure what yall won but it was obv “minor” non revenue sports.

Granted NCs should be celebrated regardless, but id rather have one football or basketball ship than 10 non revenue sport NCs. Jmo
I agree. Why Texas is swinging for the fences here. At least Chris Beard’s program is
Win and create energy
Recruit a big class next year with Keyonte George and others
For George it is a business decision.

Let’s wait for the draft and the beginning of the NBA season next year
Those G League players as of right now will determine a lot

Even then I am comfortable with Beard being able to piece together a team
You throw every player in College Basketball out there a school can put together some elite college basketball teams

Like back in the day with a bunch of juniors and seniors

Texas wins. People support you
If you are the kind of coach who is asking people to invest into your program emotionally and not win
People are going to be upset and start blaming you.

Winners are treated differently than losers.

Not going to steal a line from the Auburn fan
But some of you are jealous that Chris Beard carries around a huge dick

Kicking Texas' ass in women's volleyball NC was pretty sweet.

If you are the kind of coach who is asking people to invest into your program emotionally and not win

Outside of Vince Young and a cws title whenever, what exactly has texas won? Thats all i can piece together in my almost 20 years of adult hood. TJ ford final four.

Or you still talking about womens tennis and track and field or whatever else.

I obv dislike UK, but if i was eyeing one of those non revenue NCs id be after that rifle team NC lmao

Outside of Vince Young and a cws title whenever, what exactly has texas won? Thats all i can piece together in my almost 20 years of adult hood. TJ ford final four.

Or you still talking about womens tennis and track and field or whatever else.

I obv dislike UK, but if i was eyeing one of those non revenue NCs id be after that rifle team NC lmao

Do you understand how the world works
There are more people who think Texas is this elite university. Because of the population of their state.
Texas is the most successful program in the major sports. Football, Basketball and Baseball.
Not too many who have dominated two sports. Texas has done it more consistently than USC.

Don’t know why we continue to argue about stupidity.

Because of the new rules schools with huge fan bases regardless of the sport will be able to pretty much allow students to use their university to make money.

Austin/San Antonio by itself is a 5 million person area with only 1 pro team in the Big 4 sports
A lot of corporate money goes to the University of Texas
One of the reasons why they bring in so much money as a school

Jealous? This entire board, minus you, has been singing Chris Beard’s praises for 3 years. You’ve been the only one sayin he was average at best, until he starts coaching in Austin and now you change your tune.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT