ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much blame do you give Underwood for choking to a mid-major in the 2nd round with two such dominant players? Double digit loss with a generational talent AND a NPOY?
Your trolling of Illinois gets a little old when you troll about nothing since 2006 then troll Underwood every chance you get.

Pick one can’t use both. Without Underwood it’d still be post-Dee era. With Underwood it’s pre Dee era.

Which national analysts opinion do you take most serious?
With recruiting predictions Bossi, Meyer, Dushawn London, and Travis Branham.

But most times they don’t make prediction until a couple days before a recruit decides. And by then most homeboarders have the info already.

Your trolling of Illinois gets a little old when you troll about nothing since 2006 then troll Underwood every chance you get.

Pick one can’t use both. Without Underwood it’d still be post-Dee era. With Underwood it’s pre Dee era.

I can and will use both

With recruiting predictions Bossi, Meyer, Dushawn London, and Travis Branham.

But most times they don’t make prediction until a couple days before a recruit decides. And by then most homeboarders have the info already.

I mean on player analysis

How much blame do you give Underwood for choking to a mid-major in the 2nd round with two such dominant players? Double digit loss with a generational talent AND a NPOY?
How many times are you going to fail at flaming me with the same tired line before you give up?

Sure, just pointing out contradictions. But hey women’s basketball team play and wrestling team can wrestle so I wouldn’t expect you to understand that
Don’t worry about what Hail says, he just needs to get attention.

Yet Howard can’t beat Underwood with the Rolls Royce program he inherited…

I like Jamie Shaw and Dan McDonald best on Rivals. And then Bossi, Meyer, and Brandon Jenkins
on 247. Biancardi used to be good on ESPN but has gotten lazy.

It's so odd, then, that you think they are all wrong about Houstan's shooting.

Bossi: "At 6-foot-8 and armed with one of the smoothest jump shots of any high school player -- regardless of class -- he is a skilled combination forward that is capable of playing as a big wing or a floor stretching face-up four man."

Meyer: "Has good size as a combo forward with shooting range. Not overly athletic, but plays with strength and has body control. Dangerous three-point shooter. Finishes well inside the arc. Is composed with the basketball. Solid handler and passer. Strong rebounder. Comes up with points off the glass. Positional defender with versatility defensively."

Jenkins: "Houstan is a long and lean shooter who is an excellent low maintanenced prospect. He is a perfect stretch four with his size and skill level. What sets him apart from is peers is his feathery catch and shoot jump shot that he knocks down at an efficient rate. Outside of him being a very good catch and shoot artist that can also put the ball on the floor some when attacking late closeouts. His length and decebt athletic ability allow him to be an effective rebounder inside. Houstan is talented and will be an elite kickout option for Juwan Howard and Michigan."

Reactions: KisteK
Sure, just pointing out contradictions. But hey women’s basketball team play and wrestling team can wrestle so I wouldn’t expect you to understand that

Until Underwood can do something in the tournament we are still sitting at not getting out of the round of 32 since 2005. Hence being able to use both.

• Sad
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
How many times are you going to fail at flaming me with the same tired line before you give up?

Ayo - NPOY

Kofi - Generational talent that absolutely dominates college basketball.

Illinois tourament result: 13 points loss in the 2nd round to Loyola-Chicago.

And yet Underwood gets a full pass from you guys.

Ayo - NPOY

And yet Underwood gets a pass from you guys.
Where has he gotten a pass?

I think most agreed that game wasn’t coached well.

It's so odd, then, that you think they are all wrong about Houstan's shooting.

Bossi: "At 6-foot-8 and armed with one of the smoothest jump shots of any high school player -- regardless of class -- he is a skilled combination forward that is capable of playing as a big wing or a floor stretching face-up four man."

Meyer: "Has good size as a combo forward with shooting range. Not overly athletic, but plays with strength and has body control. Dangerous three-point shooter. Finishes well inside the arc. Is composed with the basketball. Solid handler and passer. Strong rebounder. Comes up with points off the glass. Positional defender with versatility defensively."

Jenkins: "Houstan is a long and lean shooter who is an excellent low maintanenced prospect. He is a perfect stretch four with his size and skill level. What sets him apart from is peers is his feathery catch and shoot jump shot that he knocks down at an efficient rate. Outside of him being a very good catch and shoot artist that can also put the ball on the floor some when attacking late closeouts. His length and decebt athletic ability allow him to be an effective rebounder inside. Houstan is talented and will be an elite kickout option for Juwan Howard and Michigan."
I can like their stuff and not agree with every take.

I mean Jenkins thinks he’s a power forward.

So let’s not and say we did.

Madden 2006 for Playstation 2 (yes, PS2) was the best selling game the last time Illinois made it past the round of 32.

512RSPT57TL._SY445_.jpg

s-l300.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: IUBtown and MGC_07
I can like their stuff and not agree with every take.

I mean Jenkins thinks he’s a power forward.

So let’s not and say we did.

Bossi thinks he could play the 4 in college, too. Most analysts do. We have a loaded front court so he will primarily be a 3 for us. Meyer calls him a combo forward.

Bossi thinks he could play the 4 in college, too. Most analysts do. We have a loaded front court so he will primarily be a 3 for us. Meyer calls him a combo forward.
For stretches in college sure, doubt he will play much 4 at the NBA level though.

Ayo - NPOY

And yet Underwood gets a full pass from you guys.
One more time, please. I couldn’t hear you.

He built the program from ground up….and has beaten Howard like a drum so far…..

And yet Howard still has as many NCAA tournament wins than the entire Illinois program has since 2006. I’m 32 years old and I was in High School the last time Illinois made it to a Sweet 16

Lol comparing making it to national championship game to sweet 16. Yikes.

Howard made the Elite 8 in his fist ever NCAA tournament. Your entire program hasn’t made it past the round of 32 since 2005. Not even when you had a generational talent like Kofi Cockburn paired with a NPOY in Ayo.

This is about the time in the argument Illinois fans realize how bad that is and start acting like the Big Ten tournament is more important to them than making an Elite 8.

• Haha
Reactions: GOO_HAM
Howard made the Elite 8 in his fist ever NCAA tournament. Your entire program hasn’t made it past the round of 32 since 2005. Not even when you had a generational talent like Kofi Cockburn paired with a NPOY in Ayo.
Juwan Howard doesn’t have as many Final Fours as Bruce Weber, what a scrub.

Reactions: flight 33
This is about the time in the argument Illinois fans realize how bad that is and start acting like the Big Ten tournament is more important to them than making an Elite 8.
This is about the time that you begin reflecting on how sad it is that you routinely try to force this argument to happen, and then notice how little everyone gives a fvck.

Might be time to move on, bud.

This is about the time that you begin reflecting on how sad it is that you routinely try to force this argument to happen, and then notice how little everyone gives a fvck.

Might be time to move on, bud.

Oh I’m well aware how little you guys care about the NCAA Tournament 😂

Don’t get me wrong the tournament isn’t the be all end all, but at this point you figured Illinois and / or Underwood could’ve lucked into one in the past 15 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT