ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Hunter I’m sure is one. Rob Phinisee has chance to be one of the best perimeter defenders, but he’s not a starter.
Wheeler/Frazier
Eric Ayala
Eric Hunter
Eli Brooks

Those were the only 5 I could find. Phinisee didn't seem like a realistic candidate.

sooooo...it appears that there is a new site called On3 Sports that is hiring all of our homeboard staff. I'm pretty sure most people will jump ship and that rivals will implode eventually. I'm going to miss this thread specifically

Reactions: RichieRebel
sooooo...it appears that there is a new site called On3 Sports that is hiring all of our homeboard staff. I'm pretty sure most people will jump ship and that rivals will implode eventually. I'm going to miss this thread specifically
You can still come to this thread…

62-D526-E2-D1-C1-4-EE5-A1-D1-8-EE5-A7-E230-D0.jpg

Same thing happened to our homeboard, except our basketball mod and a few others started their own site. Our rivals site is now a ghost town and I rarely post on it anymore. I’m still a member on rivals, but you don’t need to be to post here.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardMassive
Shannon Terry pilfering his previously created sites to run his new site is funny

That’s what happened to our Rivals board in January

Got some decisions to make.

Excuse me while I clean the coffee that I just spit out of my mouth laughing while thinking about this post. 😂

Hunter shot 40% from three on a decent amount of attempts in high school and has is a 75%ft shooter(something many nba scouts will tell you correlates 3pt shooting potential as much or more than 3pt% in high school and college) shooter. Him becoming a 3pt threat is more likely than not.

Hunter shot 40% from three on a decent amount of attempts in high school and has is a 75%ft shooter(something many nba scouts will tell you correlates 3pt shooting potential as much or more than 3pt% in high school and college) shooter. Him becoming a 3pt threat is more likely than not.
We already went down this road and dispelled your misinformation. Might be time to update that talking point. Guys shooting 3s in CBB games don't look like that clip. If he shoots more than a handful this year, I'll be very surprised.

Found his aau stats. Attempted 3 and made 0.

Attempted 1 and made 0.

And his college stats: attempted 4 and made 0.

So everything outside a high school coach saying he didn't shoot a 3 for 2 months and made 40% has him not making a 3 in over 2 years on at least 8 attempts.

Exactly like Luka Garza.

We already went down this road and dispelled your misinformation. Might be time to update that talking point. Guys shooting 3s in CBB games don't look like that clip. If he shoots more than a handful this year, I'll be very surprised.
“Dickinson got his percentage above 40 percent by the end of the season, according to DeMatha coach Mike Jones.”

What exactly did you dispel?

I always find it funny that Hunter defended Simpson very well (and defended Smith really well last year) but Nojel - who was a far superior defender - could never slow Simpson down. I'm sure Hunter being quicker than Nojel had a lot to do with it, but just surprised me that Simpson always seemed to have Nojel's number.

Anyways, Hunter is primed to be one of the better defenders this coming season. Based on his HS/AAU shooting and his frame, I never would've guessed that he'd struggle as a shooter but be a really good defender at the college level.

Hope he can get the shot going this year, I think it's one of the biggest keys to reaching our ceiling.

Reactions: BoilerDaddy
I always find it funny that Hunter defended Simpson very well (and defended Smith really well last year) but Nojel - who was a far superior defender - could never slow Simpson down. I'm sure Hunter being quicker than Nojel had a lot to do with it, but just surprised me that Simpson always seemed to have Nojel's number.

Anyways, Hunter is primed to be one of the better defenders this coming season. Based on his HS/AAU shooting and his frame, I never would've guessed that he'd struggle as a shooter but be a really good defender at the college level.

Hope he can get the shot going this year, I think it's one of the biggest keys to reaching our ceiling.
I think Nojel was better suited to guard the 2-4 spots rather than a quick 1 like Simpson.

I think Nojel was better suited to guard the 2-4 spots rather than a quick 1 like Simpson.
I agree, but he managed to effectively check quite a few quick PGs in his day. Nojel had ridiculously good hips for his size and was quicker than he looked.

“Dickinson got his percentage above 40 percent by the end of the season, according to DeMatha coach Mike Jones.”

What exactly did you dispel?
He didn't shoot one for 2 months. Your narrative that he was a good 3 point shooter in high school doesn't jive.

He didn't shoot one for 2 months. Your narrative that he was a good 3 point shooter in high school doesn't jive.
When the sample size is that small and the AAU stats are what they are, I dunno how you don't have a complete wait and see approach to him being able to shoot. Sure you might think he has more potential to add that than your average center, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

Reactions: Jaycg15
When the sample size is that small and the AAU stats are what they are, I dunno how you don't have a complete wait and see approach to him being able to shoot. Sure you might think he has more potential to add that than your average center, but I'd have to see it to believe it.
Kinda like Ethan Morton….. right? 😉jk

Not me. I see a clip of a guy hitting two 3 pointers, an article saying that he made 40% after not shooting one for months, and think ace shooter/Luka Garza/NPOY.

Reactions: Toast.

I don’t think Rivals is going to make it. Been a member for about 20 years and canceled my annual subscription a few weeks ago. On3 is run by the guy who started Rivals and sold to Yahoo and then started 247 and sold to CBS. Have been on the On3 site for about a month and it’s feels like it’s almost in Beta mode but I’m confident it will eventually be excellent. Their basketball and football Top 100 lists are not bad and will be incorporated into the 247 composite.

I don’t think Rivals is going to make it. Been a member for about 20 years and canceled my annual subscription a few weeks ago. On3 is run by the guy who started Rivals and sold to Yahoo and then started 247 and sold to CBS. Have been on the On3 site for about a month and it’s feels like it’s almost in Beta mode but I’m confident it will eventually be excellent. Their basketball and football Top 100 lists are not bad and will be incorporated into the 247 composite.
Think I saw on tMB that On3 has already had drama and their is some legal thing going on.

Their basketball rankings are terrible.

Both 2022 and 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT