ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2 weeks out from college football, anyone in here confident they are gonna be able to keep their game against OSU within 2 scores?
Not if Chris Autman-Bell is out. He got injured last week in practice, unknown severity as of now. Mo Ibrahim might get 40 carries lol.

I'm just having a hard time getting excited for football. Maybe if we thump Oregon State that will change but so far, I'm just ready for basketball.

This must be what it's been like to be an IU fan for essentially the last 120 years.

You really think that Wisconsin has a chance against Illinois? You fool.

I'll be at the Wisconsin/Illinois game. Should be interesting. Especially since my brothers season tickets are right across the isle from the opposing fan section.

I'm just having a hard time getting excited for football. Maybe if we thump Oregon State that will change but so far, I'm just ready for basketball.

This must be what it's been like to be an IU fan for essentially the last 120 years.
I’ve been getting more excited as the offseason has moved on. I know the schedule is tough but there are still a lot of winnable games on it. I’ve been getting cautiously more optimistic about the defense. Need to stay healthy though, depth still an issue essentially everywhere.

I’ve been getting more excited as the offseason has moved on. I know the schedule is tough but there are still a lot of winnable games on it. I’ve been getting cautiously more optimistic about the defense. Need to stay healthy though, depth still an issue essentially everywhere.
Feels like every year, our lack of depth rears its ugly head. Last year, the D was serviceable until Karlaftis got hurt. One player shouldn't make that much difference on defense but it sure seemed like it did.

Feels like every year, our lack of depth rears its ugly head. Last year, the D was serviceable until Karlaftis got hurt. One player shouldn't make that much difference on defense but it sure seemed like it did.
Karalaftis and Mitchell are the 2 that absolutely need to stay healthy IMO. And when that 1 player garners double teams/generates pressure every play, it makes a huuuge difference.

Reactions: Toast.

I'm mainly excited for the opener because I have some Purdue buddies coming out here for a long weekend at a cabin in Breck, so we'll watch and get drunk as hell regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: otte21
I'm mainly excited for the opener because I have some Purdue buddies coming out here for a long weekend at a cabin in Breck, so we'll watch and get drunk as hell regardless of the outcome.
Excited for the massive tailgate I’m throwing. Gonna be a long but fun day.

Reactions: Toast. and Jaycg15
That guy should be ashamed that he can comfortably provide for himself and his family.
I don’t even know he can afford to feed himself.

arrested-development.gif

Reactions: otte21
You sure? I’ll have bologna sandwiches (BYOB = Bring your own bologna) & bottled water from the gas station for everyone. Also a single lawn chair we can all share. You’re missing out.
Random tailgating story, but we used to split who was bringing what to tailgates and just rotate and we had one guy in the rotation that was a cheap fvck. One week he was tasked with bring the main dish and he showed up with a pack of bread and bologna and turkey that smelled like it was a week past due. He was kicked out of the tailgate after that year.

Random tailgating story, but we used to split who was bringing what to tailgates and just rotate and we had one guy in the rotation that was a cheap fvck. One week he was tasked with bring the main dish and he showed up with a pack of bread and bologna and turkey that smelled like it was a week past due. He was kicked out of the tailgate after that year.
I’m usually the one footing the bill for a big entree. Precooked burgers and hotdogs one year the night before and used Sterno’s to heat them up. Worked out ok but just too much prep work. We’re going to cater Chic Fil A this year. Easy and everyone usually likes Chic Fil A. We have two brothers who’s thing is to always bring chips to every function. Bet your ass every flavor of Dorito will be at this tailgate. Thankfully the girlfriends salvage the rest of it.

Reactions: bMORE607
@bMORE607

Had a soft shell crab for the first time last night. Miles from the ocean. 800 or so. Now I want to have the real deal at the source. How much body armor will I need in Bodymore?

Reactions: Jaycg15
Man, we went an entire day without a post. Pretty disappointing considering that I don't think we've solidified whether Purdue or Indiana will shoot a higher percentage from 3 this season.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we will continue with the same result that we've had the last 5 seasons.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Man, we went an entire day without a post. Pretty disappointing considering that I don't think we've solidified whether Purdue or Indiana will shoot a higher percentage from 3 this season.
Idk, considering IU just played 2 exhibition games against a team that would finish in the bottom of the big ten and shot 13/39 from 3 has me worried.

laugh-trying-not-to-laugh.gif

Idk, considering IU just played 2 exhibition games against a team that would finish in the bottom of the big ten and shot 13/39 from 3 has me worried.

laugh-trying-not-to-laugh.gif

Oh I’m sure they’ll all be back once Jalen Hood-Schifino commits to them next weekend and the Woody recruits better than Painter narrative comes up again.

@bMORE607

Had a soft shell crab for the first time last night. Miles from the ocean. 800 or so. Now I want to have the real deal at the source. How much body armor will I need in Bodymore?
Not a lot. Jimmy's is in a decent part in Baltimore. If you don't want to go into Baltimore go to G&M which is by BWI. I think Jimmy's ships around the country, but I have to imagine that can get expensive.

*This was assuming you were talking about crab cakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT