ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Purdue fans defended things like his defense and the fact that he was a key contributor in a B1G championship and elite 8 run.

No Purdue fans defended his glaring weakness. Every IU fan here defended Archie's glaring weakness, despite seeing the stats and watching damn near every game.
Lol that's BS. When Nojel was picked as Preseason All-Big Ten 2nd team, you guys were certain he was going to have a breakout year and argued page after page with anyone who suggested he wouldn't. You guys got an 8 second clip of him hitting 1 three and were certain he was going to be an improved shooter.

FYI, you guys currently do the same for Morton. He will prove to be what IU fans have said he is, and you guys will change your tune on him when he is no longer at Purdue.

Lol that's BS. When Nojel was picked as Preseason All-Big Ten 2nd team, you guys were certain he was going to have a breakout year and argued page after page with anyone who suggested he wouldn't. You guys got an 8 second clip of him hitting 1 three and were certain he was going to be an improved shooter.

FYI, you guys currently do the same for Morton. He will prove to be what IU fans have said he is, and you guys will change your tune on him when he is no longer at Purdue.

What fanbase wouldn’t have high hopes for a player who was selected All-Big Ten 2nd team in the preseason? Lol

What all have we said for Morton aside from thinking he’ll improve and be solid for us?

IU fans talking sht about irrational exuberance in the silly season is rich to say the least…

What fanbase wouldn’t have high hopes for a player who was selected All-Big Ten 2nd team in the preseason? Lol

What all have we said for Morton aside from thinking he’ll improve and be solid for us?
We told you how overrated Nojel was heading into that year, and you guys weren't having any of it.

You guys have been hyping up Morton since Painter said he could contribute to your team when he was still in high school. You guys were way higher on Morton than Ivey this time last year. You still think he will be a good Big Ten player.

I'm referencing debates I had with you and the other posters here.

You're referencing conversations you had on Purdue free board (LOL).
That's not true at all. I'm referencing debates I've had here.

The only reference I've made to the Purdue free board was stating I miss getting Treed to talk shit about Painter.

That's not true at all. I'm referencing debates I've had here.

The only reference I've made to the Purdue free board was stating I miss getting Treed to talk shit about Painter.
Literally can't name a single person that thought Morton would have more impact than Ivey last year. Just making shit up, kind of like how Painter got Morton on the 3on3 team lol

Reactions: boiler1987
Literally can't name a single person that thought Morton would have more impact than Ivey last year. Just making shit up, kind of like how Painter got Morton on the 3on3 team lol
That was definitely the case. Luckily for you, Rivals took away the search post history from that time. You trying to say Purdue posters on here weren't very high on Nojel and constantly argued with anyone who disagreed?

That was definitely the case. Luckily for you, Rivals took away the search post history from that time. You trying to say Purdue posters on here weren't very high on Nojel and constantly argued with anyone who disagreed?
giphy.gif

Who would be on your All Last Decade team?

IU (imo):

Yogi/Hulls
Oladipo/JBJ/Rojo
Romeo/OG/Williams
Watford/TJD/Morgan
Zeller/Bryant

Lol that's BS. When Nojel was picked as Preseason All-Big Ten 2nd team, you guys were certain he was going to have a breakout year and argued page after page with anyone who suggested he wouldn't. You guys got We told you how overrated Nojel was heading into that year, and you guys weren't having any of it.

No one with a brain thought Nojel was going to be good from the outside. Nojel was possibly the best defender in the big ten, was a good rebounder for a guard, & at his best would get valuable junk baskets. He was a valuable player. But he was severely limited offensively. Idk who argued otherwise.

& the clip of him shooting threes you’re talking about, he was basically doing the god damn splits with his legs in his follow through. Anyone that actually thought that would translate doesn’t know what an even decent shot form looks like.

Reactions: Toast.
Legit an absurd amount of talent considering it leaves out Iggy, McGary, Poole, Wilson, etc.

As the Western Michigan coach said…. we are the premier basketball program in the state now. Remember when MSU posters here used to match the Purdue posters in numbers? Poof.

As the Western Michigan coach said…. we are the premier basketball program in the state now. Remember when MSU posters here used to match the Purdue posters in numbers? Poof.
Kind of weird to be somewhat writing MSU off for the upcoming season.

Speaking of all you Michigan scrubs, have my second trip to Michigan in less than a month this weekend. Saugatuck last month for family vacation, Detroit this weekend for a wedding. Love Saugatuck, but two Michigan trips is not my ideal summer lol.

Speaking of all you Michigan scrubs, have my second trip to Michigan in less than a month this weekend. Saugatuck last month for family vacation, Detroit this weekend for a wedding. Love Saugatuck, but two Michigan trips is not my ideal summer lol.
Hail majored in haughty dismissiveness at the Harvard of the Midwest*, so it comes to him naturally.

*This post is largely satire because he likely majored in a nursing degree at Grand Valley State

I’m not writing them off I’m making fun of their fans disappearing from here.

I wasn’t saying it was weird for you, it’s just weird in general to not really being discussing MSU at all as a contender in the B1G race.

Yeah it’s weird their fans gave up on them so quick. Just about every fan base here has posters who have stuck it out through worse. And all we are left with is MGC_07.

Reactions: jwardelt
Yeah it’s weird their fans gave up on them so quick. Just about every fan base here has posters who have stuck it out through worse. And all we are left with is MGC_07.
Hard to blame them, it'd take years for me to rediscover my passion for college basketball if I had to watch a generational talent like Foster Loyer simply transfer away.

Hard to blame them, it'd take years for me to rediscover my passion for college basketball if I had to watch a generational talent like Foster Loyer simply transfer away.

No surprise he transferred. B1G refs were always trying to hold him back. The way he was dominating this game, they had to manufacture a foul to get him off the court.

94f0fbbb.gif

Who would be on your All Last Decade team?

IU (imo):

Yogi/Hulls
Oladipo/JBJ/Rojo
Romeo/OG/Williams
Watford/TJD/Morgan
Zeller/Bryant
Marcus Carr/Nate Mason
Andre Hollins/Blake Hoffarber
Amir Coffey/Austin Hollins
Jordan Murphy/Trevor Mbakwe
Daniel Oturu/Reggie Lynch

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
I just want to say I don’t believe there’s a more wholesome fan than @Noahtogo24 . Just comes in here, pumps the fvck out of his Terrapins, pokes a few friendly jokes at his own coach, & gets excited as hell for some good old Maryland seafood.

Thank you sir for the compliment ! I try to stay chill here at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT