ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, could be a lot, could be a little.
Just a matter where these guys are willing to accept on the draft ladder. I have no idea what Wiggins has been told, but let’s say the minimum he finds acceptable is low first rd. If that’s where he is being told his stock is at now, then he’ll leave. Not sure Turge comes into play much at all.

Just a matter where these guys are willing to accept on the draft ladder. I have no idea what Wiggins has been told, but let’s say the minimum he finds acceptable is low first rd. If that what he is being told his stock is at now, then he’ll leave. Not sure Turge comes into play much at all.
Yea it’s different for every guy. Turge might come into play, he might not. Is what it is.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I think Michigan is still a top 15 team if Hunter stays in the draft but it’ll make things a lot more interesting.

Thought he was a lock to return?

The understanding is he’d leave if he was guaranteed by a team they’d take him early 2nd / guaranteed contract.

The thought is since he’s not even in the first two rounds of any mock that promise is unlikely. But all it takes is one team so who knows.

Feels good

32740-CEA-3-A95-4350-96-A2-412596-A6-A68-A.gif

Other than IU should be in tier 4, that's probably close for this time of year.
I really have no idea what to do with IU. On paper they are certainly talented enough to be in tier 3, but Woodson’s coaching ability is completely unknown. I would have them in tier 4 or 5 if Archie was still the coach and Tier 3 if Crean were the coach.

B-Westy’s B1G 2021-2022 Predictions:

1.) Purdue - Post depth (prob best tandem in the country), 1st Team All-B1G guard, 3 point shooters, & two new freshman likely to immediately make contributions to the 4 spot. Experience with a nice blend of youth.

2.) Michigan - Favorite for BTPOY returning, Brooks is solid, great transfer additions, and great freshman class. I’m leaning on experience & bias with the Purdue over Michigan pick. Still going to be a damn good team. Could easily win the league.

3.) OSU - No Washington hurts them for sure. But Holtmann still likely to get the most out of this group. Wheeler can slide into Washington’s spot. Liddell will be another vying for 1st team honors.

4.) Maryland - obviously no Morsell & Wiggins hurts. But still should be a top 4 type of team with Ayala/Russell. Good transfer additions as well. Need production from the C spot.

5.) MSU - Izzo factor. Good freshman class. Expect Christie to contribute early & their transfer PG to fill in much smoother than Watts. Still a little lean in the front court but a normal offseason of Izzo work should get this team back to respectability.

6.) Illinois - a lot gone from this team. Should probably be lower but I like their Frazier & Curbelo. Front court is a question mark but I’m told Kofi still may come back??? Lol

7.) Indiana - they’ve made some improvements to their roster and I don’t think a lot of us know what to expect from Woody in year 1. But again, a lot of guys returning from a losing team. Shooting will once again be a question mark. TJD the 3rd team All American will once again lead the conference in “AND-1!”’s & flexes after made baskets.

8.) Rutgers - not even sure who is coming back yet but they could end up higher if Harper Jr. returns. Sucks they’ve been decimated by the transfer portal this year. They had a lot of really nice talent & Pikell was building something fun.

9.) Wisconsin - I’m not sure what to make of the Badgers. Davidson returning for a 6th year. They did get rid of a ton of soft players in the front court so I think that could be a net positive for these guys. Johnathan Davis will be a damn good player in the Big Ten.

10.) Iowa - Everyone seemed to jump the Fran ship. Garza, Weiskamp, Fredrick, Nunge all gone. Going to be tough to see what JBo has in store for his last run. Who is Iowa’s C now?

You can interchange any of these last four:

11.) Penn State - Micah Shrewsberry had some players return but a ton leave when he was announced as head coach. Going to be a tough first year for the Big Ten’s perineal doormat. Need to show some energy in this first year to gain some positive momentum.

12.) Northwestern - Chris Collins sucks and is a man child.

13.) Nebraska - a lot of players left Nebraska this year again. But did get a commitment from 5 star Bryce McGowens. Should be another tough year in Lincoln I’d imagine though.

14.) Minnesota - lost a ton. Not even sure who the starting 5 will be and not even we’ll recognize any of the names. Tough hand that’s been dealt to first year coach Ben Johnson.

Feel free to bookmark & bring back whenever the season starts. No shame in seeing how I did and receiving criticism. Can’t wait for the season to start boys. Let’s gooo.

Last edited:
I really have no idea what to do with IU. On paper they are certainly talented enough to be in tier 3, but Woodson’s coaching ability is completely unknown. I would have them in tier 4 or 5 if Archie was still the coach and Tier 3 if Crean were the coach.
I still think you will struggle to shoot and open up the middle for TJD. You lost guys that shot 42.4% (Franklin), 38% (Durham) and 34.2% (Hunter) from three. You replaced them with guys who shot 32% (Kopp), 32.1% (Johnson) and 20% (Durr).

I know Tamar Bates is known as a good shooter but it's hard to rely heavily on a freshman from three.

And this is after you finished 236th last year in 3P%.

Last edited:
I still think you will struggle to shoot and open up the middle for TJD. You lost guys that shot 42.4% (Franklin), 38% (Durham) and 34.2% (Hunter). You replaced them with guys who shot 32% (Kopp), 32.1% (Johnson) and 20% (Durr).

I know Tamar Bates is known as a good shooter but it's hard to rely heavily on a freshman from three.

And this is after you finished 236th last year in 3P%.
I mean that’s a little biased.

Parker Stewart (who you left out) has more made 3pt through 2 seasons than Sasha does through 3 seasons. Career 37% shooter from 3, but shot 40% from 3 in the ACC.

Kopp is a career 36% shooter from 3, and shot 40% a year ago. He will just be a catch and shoot player at IU, so I fully expect him to be closer to 40% than 32%.

Bates obviously is known as a shooter as you stated. I see no reason he can’t at least put up Al Durham numbers from 3.

I would heavily bet on RP and Lander shooting better than 26% and 27% from 3 respectively.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT