ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a moron and make NC Trojan look like his takes are well thought out. I can’t wait to see the two of you have a battle. You also took the name from someone else who used it a long time ago for Illinois0. Don’t give yourself too much credit.
Dafuq? I stole a name from an Illinois poster? Was there a racist moron like Gil on the Illinois board?

edit: Was illinois0 Gillinois v1 from months ago? Hahaha, I did say earlier that you were the new Gillinois.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC_Trojan10
The search function is for sht. There definitely was a Gillinois v1, and there is a very good chance I coined that one too.

Pretty badass house and practice court that Red Bull put up for Robbie Hummel and the 3x3 Olympic team to practice at. After all Hummel's injuries, it would be cool to see him win Olympic gold.

Admittedly, I don't follow this at all, but I'm surprised that the best the country had to offer, is 3 guys who never made it far professionally, and all are old for their profession.

Do players who end up having even minor NBA success not play at all in these things?

Admittedly, I don't follow this at all, but I'm surprised that the best the country had to offer, is 3 guys who never made it far professionally, and all are old for their profession.

Do players who end up having even minor NBA success not play at all in these things?
You should follow it. Then it would answer your question.

Never said there weren’t Purdue potatos. I have to deal with them constantly and have said multiple times that I would prefer that they not come here. I specifically come here to try to avoid them.
You got triggered that I said Purdue was being overrated by the media. You aren’t a top 5 team like some these outlets are saying, **** ESPN has you number 3. Sorry that hurt your feelings bruh

No shit. But there is also a skillset that works really well in a 3 on 3 halfcourt environment.
So, are you saying that only players who don't have much professional experience are capable of having this magical skillset that you speak of?

I legitimately don't understand how whatever skillset your talking about is helping answer the question I originally asked?

Don't be a douche! I wasn't attacking your golden boy. It was just a simple question
If they get out early (hopefully that doesn’t happen), he can stay as an analyst. It’s hard to beat that efficiency...

And before anyone jumps down my throat for this harmless joke, I like Robbie and am happy he’s able to continue his playing career in some capacity.

Uh oh…CT finally legalizing gambling. My wife’s nightmare has come true…

You got triggered that I said Purdue was being overrated by the media. You aren’t a top 5 team like some these outlets are saying, **** ESPN has you number 3. Sorry that hurt your feelings bruh
They return essentially everything from a top 4 finish last year and bring in 2 top 50 recruits. They’re going to be pretty damn good. I’m not sure they’re 3, but you’re overlooking Purdue.

Matt Painter being their coach also needs to be taken into consideration.

They return essentially everything from a top 4 finish last year and bring in 2 top 50 recruits. They’re going to be pretty damn good. I’m not sure they’re 3, but you’re overlooking Purdue.

Matt Painter being their coach also needs to be taken into consideration.
I’d have them closer to 10-15. They beat Ohio State twice and Wisconsin at home; other than that they didn’t really beat anyone that was ranked. The only reason they were top 4 in the Big Ten was because they only played Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa once a piece. Scheduling did them similar favors to what Wisconsin had the year prior.

Reactions: Jaycg15
He's more draftable than Kofi, but I think he's going to be a first rounder if he comes back for a year or two.
They both have shooting issues. But both are huge, Kofi especially. How long will their bodies hold up. Better go now to be safe. ;)

Reactions: Jaycg15
I’d have them closer to 10-15. They beat Ohio State twice and Wisconsin at home; other than that they didn’t really beat anyone that was ranked. The only reason they were top 4 in the Big Ten was because they only played Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa once a piece. Scheduling did them similar favors to what Wisconsin had the year prior.
The pundits have Purdue in the 5-10 range. If you have Purdue 10-15, not sure how the term “wildly overrated” fits.

They beat Ohio State twice and Wisconsin at home; other than that they didn’t really beat anyone that was ranked. The only reason they were top 4 in the Big Ten was because they only played Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa once a piece. Scheduling did them similar favors to what Wisconsin had the year prior.
They beat OSU twice and they finished 5th. They were at least 3 games clear of everyone else. Who exactly would have finished in front of them if they'd played a more difficult schedule?

The pundits have Purdue in the 5-10 range. If you have Purdue 10-15, not sure how the term “wildly overrated” fits.

You realize how bell curves work right?

Going 10 spots from 25 to 15 is an easier jump than going 15 to 5.

Maybe Purdue proves that they are that good during season play, I just wouldn’t be rating them that high preseason.

ESPN has you at 3. I consider that pretty overrated. Don’t take it so personal, chief.

They beat OSU twice and they finished 5th. They were at least 3 games clear of everyone else. Who exactly would have finished in front of them if they'd played a more difficult schedule?
I’m not saying you would’ve had anyone finish ahead of you. That’s all hypothetical. I’m saying if you had a middle of the pack schedule and you most likely have 2 or so more losses.

That would put you closer in the standings to Wisconsin, Michigan State, Maryland, and Rutgers which was more your talent level last year.

I’m not saying you would’ve had anyone finish ahead of you. That’s all hypothetical. I’m saying if you had a middle of the pack schedule and you most likely have 2 or so more losses.

That would put you closer in the standings to Wisconsin, Michigan State, Maryland, and Rutgers which was more your talent level last year.

Hmm....

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
0-3 versus the Top 3

I think you’d have had the same record as Ohio State if you played a 20 game conference schedule that had Illinois, Iowa, Michigan all twice. Technically you’d get the 4 seed in the BTT.

But I think everyone knew Ohio State was the 4th best team.

2 seed> 4 seed in the tourney

You realize how bell curves work right?

Going 10 spots from 25 to 15 is an easier jump than going 15 to 5.

Maybe Purdue proves that they are that good during season play, I just wouldn’t be rating them that high preseason.

ESPN has you at 3. I consider that pretty overrated. Don’t take it so personal, chief.
Wrong. You realize that there are assumptions made for the early rankings like who will return? Then the transfer market makes a huge difference especially now. These rankings get updated throughout the offseason. That’s why they are called way too early because of all the variables. Espn has us at 5. The Athletic has us at 6. CBS has us at 11. Like I said, consensus from the pundits is 5-10.

0-3 versus the Top 3

I think you’d have had the same record as Ohio State if you played a 20 game conference schedule that had Illinois, Iowa, Michigan all twice. Technically you’d get the 4 seed in the BTT.

But I think everyone knew Ohio State was the 4th best team.

2 seed> 4 seed in the tourney
So...4th then. Thanks for calling your original bullshit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT