ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...4th then. Thanks for calling your original bullshit out.
This is exactly why I called him a potato from jump and then coined him Gillinois. Dumb hot takes and then even dumber mental gymnastics as justification when he gets challenged. Gillinois all the way.

Well,we beat the team you claim was better both times we played them so I think it’s certainly debatable.
Technically, we were 2-1 with the loss in the B1G tourney, but the point stands. He has no point.

edit: I had a ton of money on us to win the B1G tourney, but knew it was a bad sign when the poster on KC said Boroski was walking down the aisle. Not saying he made a difference, but I felt the jinx. I think I even posted that in the in season thread.

Wrong. You realize that there are assumptions made for the early rankings like who will return? Then the transfer market makes a huge difference especially now. These rankings get updated throughout the offseason. That’s why they are called way too early because of all the variables. Espn has us at 5. The Athletic has us at 6. CBS has us at 11. Like I said, consensus from the pundits is 5-10.

I was reading the April 4th version. Still think you are closer to 15 than 5.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Btw In that version you posted Michigan is at 11 with Purdue and Maryland above them. Just because so called “analysts” produce them doesn’t make them have any validity.

Well,we beat the team you claim was better both times we played them so I think it’s certainly debatable.
Not when it mattered. Watched all 3 of your matchups. They had more talent and seemed disinterested in both your early season games.

I was reading the April 4th version. Still think you are closer to 15 than 5.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Btw In that version you posted Michigan is at 11 with Purdue and Maryland above them. Just because so called “analysts” produce them doesn’t make them have any validity.
Sorry you were proven wrong again and a potato. Maybe you should keep up before spouting off BS. I didn’t bring up ESPN, you did, and it was about Purdue. Now you want to talk about Michigan? Keep going with the potato gymnastics.

Not when it mattered. Watched all 3 of your matchups. They had more talent and seemed disinterested in both your early season games.
So what’s your prediction on Purdue next year. Place in Big Ten, seed in NCAAT and how far they get in tourney

So what’s your prediction on Purdue next year. Place in Big Ten, seed in NCAAT and how far they get in tourney
4th in conference, 3 seed, Sweet 16. Jaden Ivey gives you chance for more in a 1 game environment, need a second guard/wing to really step up around him to go farther.

Oh shit. It's not a 3 pointer, but I'd like to see lil Dicky try to stay in front of this.

Reactions: boilerzz
Sorry you were proven wrong again and a potato. Maybe you should keep up before spouting off BS. I didn’t bring up ESPN, you did, and it was about Purdue. Now you want to talk about Michigan? Keep going with the potato gymnastics.
The lists you post are garbage. Michigan being below both Maryland and Purdue shows that. What was the reasoning for Ohio State moving ahead of Purdue from 5th to 4th in their update when no players have left either roster?

You are using shit list’s to prove your point. I’m calling it out.

The lists you post are garbage. Michigan being below both Maryland and Purdue shows that. What was the reasoning for Ohio State moving ahead of Purdue from 5th to 4th in their update when no players have left either roster?

You are using shit list’s to prove your point. I’m calling it out.
You brought up espn as a reference point to say Purdue is “wildly overrated”. I don’t give a sht about them. Consensus is 5-10. You say 10-15. That is not “wildly overrated”.

If it can happen in NBA playoff series it can happen at any level.

Your* a casual fan, bruh.
You are a potato, Gillinois. We all see it.

Edit: Jesus, did Mr. Potato just bring up the NBA for some reason?

Last edited:
You brought up espn as a reference point to say Purdue is “wildly overrated” and now are discrediting them. I don’t give a sht about them. Consensus is 5-10. You say 10-15. That is not “wildly overrated”.
I said the media is overrated them. ESPN was an example of that, as they are media.

5 to 10 spots is huge that high up.
Expectations drastically change from a team ranked 3rd preseason versus 13th.

Sorry you can’t see the obvious.

I said the media is overrated them. ESPN was an example of that, as they are media.

5 to 10 spots is huge that high up.
Expectations drastically change from a team ranked 3rd preseason versus 13th.

Sorry you can’t see the obvious.
Once again, you brought up ESPN, not me, and 3rd was from right after the tourney. They are now saying 5th. You posted recently and are using an old ranking to justify a stupid comment. Plus, the media isn’t just espn. Just sack up and either disappear, which you will eventually, or walk back the dumb comment. If you said from the beginning, “I think Purdue is closer to 10-15”, I wouldn’t have had an issue.

Once again, you brought up ESPN, not me, and 3rd was from right after the tourney. They are now saying 5th. You posted recently and are using an old ranking to justify a stupid comment. Plus, the media isn’t just espn. Just sack up and either disappear, which you will eventually, or walk back the dumb comment. If you said from the beginning, “I think Purdue is closer to 10-15”, I wouldn’t have had an issue.
ESPN was an example of media.

Purdue is wildly overrated by ESPN.

Thus Purdue has been overrated by media.

Logic is tough though.

ESPN was an example of media.

Purdue is wildly overrated by ESPN.

Thus Purdue has been overrated by media.

Logic is tough though.
1) Espn is one source and not the media in general (and you originally said “media” not “espn”)
2) You said #3 by espn which is old and not current so wrong
3) You are a potato Gillinois

I’m not saying you would’ve had anyone finish ahead of you. That’s all hypothetical. I’m saying if you had a middle of the pack schedule and you most likely have 2 or so more losses.

That would put you closer in the standings to Wisconsin, Michigan State, Maryland, and Rutgers which was more your talent level last year.
To bad we didn’t play Nebraska twice (or even once cough cough). Illinois SOS 14, Purdue 11.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
1) Espn is one source and not the media in general (and you originally said “media” not “espn”)
2) You said #3 by espn which is old and not current so wrong
3) You are a potato Gillinois
ESPN is the most blatant, sure. That’s why I used it as one example. You are still overrated on most other sources of media.

Clearly you don’t understand how logic and proofs work in arguments.

ESPN is the most blatant, sure. That’s why I used it as one example. You are still overrated on most other sources of media.

Clearly you don’t understand how logic and proofs work in arguments.
5-10 consensus. You think 10-15. “Wildly overrated” was a dumb comment given that. Sorry, just say you took espn as gospel and mistakenly took an old ranking. Mistakes happen. Fin.

5-10 consensus. You think 10-15. “Wildly overrated” was a dumb comment given that. Sorry, just say you took espn as gospel and mistakenly took an old ranking. Mistakes happen. Fin.
Pretty overrated. Sorry you can’t handle the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT