ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivey will be better than any player IU trots out there next year. He’s a shoe in for All Big Ten honors. Not even close.
Ban bet that TJD is drafted higher than Ivey? This should be a no-brainer win for you. TJD is a 3rd team All American according to Sporting News after all.

These posts are arguing two different things. Our best player next year probably isnt even 1st or 2nd on our team in terms of nba potential.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
We go to a live look @Deathclutch

tenor.gif

Sounds like Ed Conroy (Liam's uncle) isn't going to be retained by Ben Johnson. If a good Mid-Major or high major team hires Conroy, expect Liam to follow him. If not, Liam will have his options to pick from obviously.

Right now we have two guys from last year's roster, who are confirmed returning (Both Gach, Isaiah Ihnen). We're going to have some incredible roster turnover.

It would be kind of funny if the NCAA voted against the one-time transfer rule with all of the guys in the portal.

Reactions: jwardelt
Purdue just lost their 2nd assistant. First Micah Shrewsberry took the head job at Penn State. Now, Steve Lutz is taking the head job at OT-Corpus Christie.

Painter is growing quite the coaching tree but damn, didn't want to lose both in the same offseason.

Purdue just lost their 2nd assistant. First Micah Shrewsberry took the head job at Penn State. Now, Steve Lutz is taking the head job at OT-Corpus Christie.

Painter is growing quite the coaching tree but damn, didn't want to lose both in the same offseason.

Would’ve happened to Fife already if he hadn’t been a huge douche and ****ed Painter over lol.

Doesn’t sound like Indiana will be getting Franklin back

What’s the latest?
I think he might go to Louisville. I thought maybe ND earlier, but now Louisville. Sounds like he is struggling with the idea of having to play against his old school if he goes to Illinois.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Anyone here watched North Dakota basketball recently? Lol I’m assuming not but Iowa has a meeting with Filip Rebraca from there today

Really like this move. His dad was a really good player for us who played with GRob.

I'm not sure how the transfer market will effect Trevion being a top guy on Purdue, since he isn't transferring. Weird quote.
Meaning the preseason top 25...not trevion. It wasn’t that difficult to figure out what I was referencing 😒

Not trying to be an ass, but he’s a senior in highschool and you guys are his first high major offer. What about the offer do you really like.

We had 2 guys transfer out and have the scholarship room now. His dad was a really good player for us and this guy had a big growth spurt this year and is a late bloomer. Low risk high reward scenario imo. No AAU and a bout with mono didn’t help him get the publicity he would’ve gotten more than likely this past year. Almost certainly redshirts as he needs to put on weight.

Reactions: MGC_07
Not trying to be an ass, but he’s a senior in highschool and you guys are his first high major offer. What about the offer do you really like.
Gonna be one of those white guys wearing a full length sleeved white T shooting the shit out of the ball for Purdue when he’s an upperclassmen. Ryan Cline & Sasha committed to Purdue over schools like Northern Kentucky & Belmont too. Just seems like the substance type of kid Painter likes to get & helps win games.

Reactions: MGC_07
Gonna be one of those white guys wearing a full length sleeved white T shooting the shit out of the ball for Purdue when he’s an upperclassmen. Ryan Cline & Sasha committed to Purdue over schools like Northern Kentucky & Belmont too. Just seems like the substance type of kid Painter likes to get & helps win games.
Grant Weatherford

Anyone here watched North Dakota basketball recently? Lol I’m assuming not but Iowa has a meeting with Filip Rebraca from there today
I definitely didn’t watch any of their summit league games, but I remember watching them at least once in the non conference. Maybe against Minnesota? He’d be a nice pickup, solid player. His dad played in the nba for awhile I believe.

Weatherford was never a scorer in high school. Painter tried to find the next Chris Kramer in him & Weatherford had other issues besides on the b-ball court.
Weatherford averaged 3 less ppg than Waddel. Neither are scorers.

Was the best player on the floor on Saturday night. Outplayed & put your boy Gunn on a poster.
And yet he has offers from Wright State, Incarnate Word, and now Purdue.

Btw, I have never talked up Gunn. Just another strawman from you.

Weatherford averaged 3 less ppg than Waddel. Neither are scorers.
And yet he has offers from Wright State, Incarnate Word, and now Purdue.

Btw, I have never talked up Gunn. Just another strawman from you.
I guess we’ll just see. I personally don’t know terribly too much about him but seems like a Purdue kid who was just the best player on the best team in the state. He’s not a guy Painter had to reach for, he obviously likes him enough to thought he warranted a scholly offer.

You can keep making fun of the Sasha, Cline, Pj Thompson scholarship offer types all you want.

I think he might go to Louisville. I thought maybe ND earlier, but now Louisville. Sounds like he is struggling with the idea of having to play against his old school if he goes to Illinois.

No. We've heard he doesn't like the B1G style of play but that's a nice Illinois way of looking at it. IMO he would have announced his return had he come back.

I guess we’ll just see. I personally don’t know terribly too much about him but seems like a Purdue kid who was just the best player on the best team in the state. He’s not a guy Painter had to reach for, he obviously likes him enough to thought he warranted a scholly offer.

You can keep making fun of the Sasha, Cline, Pj Thompson scholarship offer types all you want.
I’m not making fun of it. I’m glad he is considering going to Purdue. I hope he redshirts and stays 5 years. You guys needed a scholarship to waste anyways after Dowana decided to transfer.

Reactions: otte21
Also Purdue fans being self conscious of their top 3 preseason ranking is very Purdue. It's also ridiculous.

Also Purdue fans being self conscious of their top 3 preseason ranking is very Purdue. It's also ridiculous.
Don’t worry, IU is a lock for preseason top 3 southern Indiana division 1 schools.

It's also fair to laugh at Purdue fan's justifying every preseason ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT