*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Romeo Weems committing Tuesday with a final five of
MSU
UM
OSU
Oregon
DePaul

Last edited:
Weems is about a 25-40 kid. Good athlete, great hustle, can really attack. Still kinda raw though. For anyone who didn’t know

Good take.

I'm interested in your rationale for the bolded part above, though.

Brandon Johns is ranked 57, while Marcus Bingham is ranked 58 on Rivals. On 24/7, Bingham is 69 and Johns is 90. Iggy isn't ranked because he's international is what I've heard, but 24/7 shows him at #37.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018

That all said - aren't Johns and Iggy both competing for the same backup minutes behind Livers?

I'm late to this party but I think Iggy will be starting by conference season (if not sooner). I'd expect the three of them to be getting 60 or so combined minutes by the end of the year.

Weems is about a 25-40 kid. Good athlete, great hustle, can really attack. Still kinda raw though. For anyone who didn’t know

I think he’s going to drop on rivals like he did on 247. 45-60 rated talent. Still a good get, but he definitely needs development

I think he’s going to drop on rivals like he did on 247. 45-60 rated talent. Still a good get, but he definitely needs development
Dude is athletics there and probably the most competitive in state commit I’ve seen in a while. He hates to lose. I don’t really get the knock on him. Defensively he’s very good. His ball handling ability is good for his size. He can really attack. His shot has greatly improved. I just don’t see why he’s getting dropped.

Is there any true flaw you can point out? That’s my question. After what I’ve been hearing, his sit has greatly improved. So maybe that? I just don’t get it.

I’d be willing to put a large sum of money down based on beta I already know about Weeks and his drive and competive nature that when the rankings are all said and done he’s top 40.

Dude is athletics there and probably the most competitive in state commit I’ve seen in a while. He hates to lose. I don’t really get the knock on him. Defensively he’s very good. His ball handling ability is good for his size. He can really attack. His shot has greatly improved. I just don’t see why he’s getting dropped.

Is there any true flaw you can point out? That’s my question. After what I’ve been hearing, his sit has greatly improved. So maybe that? I just don’t get it.

He’s athletic and aggressive, but I haven’t seen the development I expected after his freshman and Sophomore year when he was considered nationally elite. He also hasn’t grown as much as anticipated and he’s now essentially an undersized PF. I’m fairly confident he’s going to drop rankings wise this round to around 50 or so. He’s still a good prospect...reminds me a bit of GR3 although not quite as athletic, but a better rebounder

He’s athletic and aggressive, but I haven’t seen the development I expected after his freshman and Sophomore year when he was considered nationally elite. He also hasn’t grown as much as anticipated and he’s now essentially an undersized PF. I’m fairly confident he’s going to drop rankings wise this round to around 50 or so. He’s still a good prospect...reminds me a bit of GR3 although not quite as athletic, but a better rebounder
I’ll agree we th you right now he’s a bit of an undersized 4, but his skills have definitely developed and he has the ability to play the 3. Much better balls skills, shooting, and feel for the game.

I mean the guy was 3 blocks away from a quintuple double in the state semi’s.

I just really am not understanding why you think he will drop so low. Because he’s only about 6’6 or 6’7?

I’ll agree we th you right now he’s a bit of an undersized 4, but his skills have definitely developed and he has the ability to play the 3. Much better balls skills, shooting, and feel for the game.

I just really am not understanding why you think he will drop so low. Because he’s only about 6’6 or 6’7?

Take it easy man. Who cares what these other guys think. I think Weems is a stud, hope we get him. He can slash, he can pass, he is a lockdown defender, he can rebound, very athletic, plus wingspan, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK and MGC_07
Take it easy man. Who cares what these other guys think. I think Weems is a stud, hope we get him. He can slash, he can pass, he is a lockdown defender, he can rebound, very athletic, plus wingspan, etc.

Thanks. I really do think this kid will be very good. I agree, he does it all at a high level. I just couldn’t understand why he thinks he will fall. Wasn’t really giving a reason.

It’s not like being the 50th best kid in the country means you suck. I think he’s a good pick up for you guys; I’m just not blown away by him

Reactions: MGC_07
These are all just rumblings. From what I’ve heard from many trust worthy sources, it’s still MSU.

I’d give it about a 90% he goes to us right now.

If what I hear about his competitive nature is true why do to DePaul? That makes no sense. They have been god awful. From what I’ve heard the kid hates to lose.

Are you @Jaycg15 in disguise?
I’d just say I’m pretty confident this isn’t true. People around New Haven (where he’s from) have been saying MSU for weeks. His camp has been saying MSU for weeks. The insiders were all predicting us. Many trustworthy sources I’ve talked to on the subject are calling it BS

I’ll just say this. Why the hell would you go to DePaul?

I’d just say I’m pretty confident this isn’t true. People around New Haven (where he’s from) have been saying MSU for weeks. His camp has been saying MSU for weeks. The insiders were all predicting us. Many trustworthy sources I’ve talked to on the subject are calling it BS

I’ll just say this. Why the hell would you go to DePaul?

If MSU doesn’t land Weems, it’s paramount to land Brooks. OSU in play so is Depaul

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT