ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

giphy.gif

We got an **** load of good big men prospects coming up in the next couple classes in Minnesota. This kid has a ton of potential. Moves well and and has pretty good handles for a big. Dad played for Clem in the early 90's. Plus he has a badass name.

Reactions: KisteK
Looks like Bob Kravitz is over the top in his search for clicks on the Romeo front:

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravit...-to-the-washington-post-it-was-all-about-cash

I haven't clicked it and will not give him the pleasure, but seems like it is a hot mess of a column and hopefully the program shuts him off from any access. Rips the current staff praises Crean when Crean was recruiting Romeo at Indiana.

Cracks me up he rips the announcement but there he is right in the front row covering the announcement.

Dude is a hack tv station columnist collecting a paycheck until he retires.

Question...That whole bunch of BS was talking about the kid. What character issues does the kid have?

Don't worry their just doing what Pitino was doing. Schools who have been dealing with this for years pointing the finger at someone else.

Reactions: klize17
Question...That whole bunch of BS was talking about the kid. What character issues does the kid have?

How would we know?
We won't likely until he's been out and on his own for a bit..
I have not.a.thing negative to say about the image we know as Romeo, but it is obvious the ppl around him aren't just looking out for Romeo.

I love that he's humble, that he cares about the fans, his teammates, that he seems to be a good kid.

But, it's humorous that he's got a parent that wouldn't touch Kansas yet had his own greedy palms out when it came to nabbing some Adidas money. His preacher's comparing him to Lincoln.
These are the people guiding him, grooming him.
So, if these guys are spitting bs, then why would we believe anything about the image they helped create?

It's all fair game for speculation when you have clowns running the show.

Still would've loved his commitment. But, this image isn't quite as squeaky as it once was.

How would we know?
We won't likely until he's been out and on his own for a bit..
I have not.a.thing negative to say about the image we know as Romeo, but it is obvious the ppl around him aren't just looking out for Romeo.

I love that he's humble, that he cares about the fans, his teammates, that he seems to be a good kid.

But, it's humorous that he's got a parent that wouldn't touch Kansas yet had his own greedy palms out when it came to nabbing some Adidas money. His preacher's comparing him to Lincoln.
These are the people guiding him, grooming him.
So, if these guys are spitting bs, then why would we believe anything about the image they helped create?

It's all fair game for speculation when you have clowns running the show.

Still would've loved his commitment. But, this image isn't quite as squeaky as it once was.

You answered your own question regarding how we know.

I guess I just do not understand what was unknown and what changed yesterday. His dad was running the program, it was sponsored by Adidas. It was known his dad was getting paid by Adidas to run the program. All of this was known before yesterday. Now people want to take shots at the kid.

The preacher thing was too much and he has explained his words came out wrong. He didn't mean to compare the two.

Last edited:
Don't worry their just doing what Pitino was doing. Schools who have been dealing with this for years pointing the finger at someone else.
*they're

I've been consistent since my first answer about recruiting on this forum.
It's a dirty, dirty game. I'm not pointing any fingers anywhere, but it's hilarious how feelings chance when it's your school is the crosshairs.

You answered your own question regarding how we know.

I guess I just do not understand what was unknown and what changed yesterday. His dad was running the program, it was sponsored by Adidas. It was known his dad was getting paid by Adidas to run the program. All of this was known before yesterday. Now people want to take shots at the kid.

The preacher thing was too much and he has explained his words came out wrong. He didn't mean to compare the two.
what did Kansas do wrong? I'm off, and this isn't nearly as interesting as you seem to want to make it.

No shot at Romeo. Shots at every part of all those speeches, fair game.
We know what they want us to know. What they want to show. Same as ppl on message forums.

*they're

It's a dirty, dirty game. I'm not pointing any fingers anywhere, but it's hilarious how feelings chance when it's your school is the crosshairs.

I won't disagree with that, but I also have never bitched about Bagley or anyone else.

I mean Al Durham's dad gets paid to run Nike Southern Stampede.

what did Kansas do wrong? I'm off, and this isn't nearly as interesting as you seem to want to make it.

No shot at Romeo. Shots at every part of all those speeches, fair game.
We know what they want us to know. What they want to show. Same as ppl on message forums.

Indiana didn't do anything wrong either

Indiana didn't do anything wrong either
So... we're on the same page.. But, I am not allowed to laugh at a dude ("clown" my word) that spells out (emphatically) the word character? Got it.

(Waiting on a contractor..)

*they're

Just because some hack writes a slanderous, misinformed article doesn't mean IU is in the crosshairs. Tim Langford took sponsership money from Adidas for his AAU team, completely legal. There isn't a kid in the country looking to go to college that doesn't play for a sponsored AAU team. Including Al Durham and his dad on the current roster.

Pitino already came out and said it was one of the cleanest recruitments, everything was above board, and neither Romeo or his parents asked for anything. Not to mention all of this happened before Archie even got to IU.

If it makes people feel better to say IU is in the crosshairs that's fine, but nothing illegal was done and IU will be just fine.

So... we're on the same page.. But, I am not allowed to laugh at a dude ("clown" my word) that spells out (emphatically) the word character? Got it.

(Waiting on a contractor..)

We are all good in my book. Make fun of Tim all you want.

(Observing an audit)

Oh man I hope this confidence doesn’t come back to bite you guys
From what we know right now nothing illegal was done, so they can't do anything. Unless something else comes out that we don't know about then it isn't even worth worrying about.

Just because some hack writes a slanderous, misinformed article doesn't mean IU is in the crosshairs. Tim Langford took sponsership money from Adidas for his AAU team, completely legal. There isn't a kid in the country looking to go to college that doesn't play for a sponsored AAU team. Including Al Durham and his dad on the current roster.

Pitino already came out and said it was one of the cleanest recruitments, everything was above board, and neither Romeo or his parents asked for anything. Not to mention all of this happened before Archie even got to IU.

If it makes people feel better to say IU is in the crosshairs that's fine, but nothing illegal was done and IU will be just fine.

There is numerous cases of this happening in Indiana. Kids dads being paid. Let's look at the whole Conley scenario and Conley and Oden. There are more.....This is just Indiana.

Oh man I hope this confidence doesn’t come back to bite you guys

The thing is everyone has known this AAU team was set up for longer than Archie Miller has been the coach at IU. This AAU team was set up when Crean was the coach at IU. This has been done numerous times in Indiana.

From what we know right now nothing illegal was done, so they can't do anything. Unless something else comes out that we don't know about then it isn't even worth worrying about.

Jesus Christ, so pretty much like every recruiting story ever. Everything seems fine initially, but then things came out. Its not like Romeo came out and was like I pick IU because they paid the most.

For the record before an IU fan goes full potato, I’m not saying anything happened. i’m just saying in today’s game with the FBI investigating everybody in college basketball, I wouldn’t be super confident in any recruitment being completely clean when it comes to the top guys.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Jesus Christ, so pretty much like every recruiting story ever. Everything seems fine initially, but then things came out. Its not like Romeo came out and was like I pick IU because they paid the most.
Why are you getting so worked up? Nothing illegal was done and it happens all over the country. So no I'm not going to sit here and worry about some baseless nonsense the biggest hack in the state writes. Again IU and Romeo will be just fine.

For the record before an IU fan goes full potato, I’m not saying anything happened. i’m just saying in today’s game with the FBI investigating everybody in college basketball, I wouldn’t be super confident in any recruitment being completely clean when it comes to the top guys.
At this point so many schools would get in trouble that Purdue might finally make a final four. lol

Reactions: cosmickid
ADVERTISEMENT