ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

At this point so many schools would get in trouble that Purdue might finally make a final four. lol

giphy.gif

Just because some hack writes a slanderous, misinformed article doesn't mean IU is in the crosshairs. Tim Langford took sponsership money from Adidas for his AAU team, completely legal. There isn't a kid in the country looking to go to college that doesn't play for a sponsored AAU team. Including Al Durham and his dad on the current roster.

Pitino already came out and said it was one of the cleanest recruitments, everything was above board, and neither Romeo or his parents asked for anything. Not to mention all of this happened before Archie even got to IU.

If it makes people feel better to say IU is in the crosshairs that's fine, but nothing illegal was done and IU will be just fine.

You should prob step back. I've said nothing about Indiana basketball.
Maybe sit this one out. I laughed at a guy who compared Romeo to Abe Lincoln emphatically spelled out character.

I don't even know what tf you wrote after crosshairs, so if you were wanting something else, maybe ask in another post.

Reactions: BoilerExpress
You should prob step back. I've said nothing about Indiana basketball.
Maybe sit this one out. I laughed at a guy who compared Romeo to Abe Lincoln emphatically spelled out character.

I don't even know what tf you wrote after crosshairs, so if you were wanting something else, maybe ask in another post.
IU fans supppper defensive over this topic.

Reactions: KisteK
Offering prospects was never Tom's problem. Cute he thinks he is going to come into Indiana and get any recruits above Grant Gelon status though. Who now is no longer playing basketball.
Who was the highest Indiana kid Tom landed? Surely not Gelon??

He landed Noah Vonleh at #9. Zeller at #13 as well.
Oh, well that's not terrible.

I guess I didn't know the Zeller's originated in Indy.
Still, Miller is going to do far more than Crean did. And while I don't know just how well the Hoosiers will do this season, I think they will be nicely set with experienced talent in '19-'20. I'm super curious about Thompson and Hunter, hope they show out this season.

How do you guys feel about the point guard position? Can Durham and/or Green play any point?

Reactions: SNU0821
Oh, well that's not terrible.

I guess I didn't know the Zeller's originated in Indy.
Still, Miller is going to do far more than Crean did. And while I don't know just how well the Hoosiers will do this season, I think they will be nicely set with experienced talent in '19-'20. I'm super curious about Thompson and Hunter, hope they show out this season.

How do you guys feel about the point guard position? Can Durham and/or Green play any point?
Green will likely get the early start because he's talented and can create his own shot. That being said he has a low basketball IQ and I question if he can consistently make the right decisions. If not I would like to see freshman Phinesee get a shot (top 100 on rivals) true point with a high IQ.

Crean had a small stretch after Zeller that he recruited relatively well. The problem was he couldn't keep it going for any length of time, especially instate when people started to question his coaching ability. Romeo was never coming with Crean as the coach and the last few years he missed on Kris Wilkes(UCLA), Kyle Guy(Virginia), Paul Scruggs(Xavier), Jaren Jackson (MSU), ect...all from Indiana.

Archie has a great class coming in that even outside of Romeo can be the backbone of the team in the future. The real question will be if he can win consistently enough to keep the pipeline flowing, something Crean was unable to do.

Reactions: KisteK
How did Carsen do? I just saw that Huerter did really well yesterday on the Maryland board so some are freaking out.

We've heard he's actually gotten great feedback and could possible leave if given a 1st Rd grade from enough teams. FWIW.

Just saw Rocket Watts above Romeo Weems. Laughable. Genuinely laughable. It’s crazy how some good games and sway people’s view. Yeah I went nuts and got 44 in some AAU game, but he’s been struggling for the rest of it. Very inconsistent. Give me Weems every day of the week and twice on sundays over Watts

How did Carsen do? I just saw that Huerter did really well yesterday on the Maryland board so some are freaking out.
From what I can tell his combine numbers were pretty mediocre and just saw he went 2-11 from the field in a scrimmage today. He’s also the shortest player at the combine. I’d put it at 90-10 of him coming back.

He's got some good feedback and measured as well as could be expected but I'd be very surprised if he didn't come back to showcase his PG skills and PNR game.

Just saw Rocket Watts above Romeo Weems. Laughable. Genuinely laughable. It’s crazy how some good games and sway people’s view. Yeah I went nuts and got 44 in some AAU game, but he’s been struggling for the rest of it. Very inconsistent. Give me Weems every day of the week and twice on sundays over Watts

Carton is better than both

ADVERTISEMENT