ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Rumors of people leaving/ staying?

MSU: an insider of ours just came out saying he thinks JJJ is staying. I give it a 99% he’s gone.

Ward has hired sone personal trainer in EL for like a year. Good sign for him coming back. No one else

Former IU player Daryl Thomas passed away from a heart attack today. He was a key member on the 1987 title team.Sad, sad news.

He was 52.

Bout time you b1g posters were starting to worry me..

How many open schollies and who's ya target(s)?

**Rest in Paradise, DT

For which class?

We just ended ‘18 with pg Tai Strickland, son of Rod. I’m guessing we’ll kick tires on a grad transfer big and nothing will come of it.

‘19 targets are Days, Carton, and Nnaji currently.

Reactions: KisteK

MSU: an insider of ours just came out saying he thinks JJJ is staying. I give it a 99% he’s gone.

Ward has hired sone personal trainer in EL for like a year. Good sign for him coming back. No one else

Ward is a beast, at times. Getting into better shape will help him immensely.

If true, yikes, speaks to how bad MSU’s s&c program is

Off season question I want to know the answer to is whether or not the Hoosiers are getting Langford. He would be a huge upgrade for us.

Off season question I want to know the answer to is whether or not the Hoosiers are getting Langford. He would be a huge upgrade for us.

He's headed to KU-no wait -UK-oops-back to KU-oh no it's IU by a nose.

Reactions: plcosby

We will know more never. I am thinking IU or Kansas.

We will know more never. I am thinking IU or Kansas.
I honestly have no clue. I thought it was super interesting to see the McDonald's players' predictions on where Romeo is heading. They were all over the board between the three finalists. Lol. Can't wait until it's over.

Not sure why we can't stop the announcements and just assume every sophomore and junior are declaring and going to go get information. You are allowed to do it up to three times now, so there is zero reason not to.

Michigan top 3 B1G with or without Wagner.
Pretty tough to argue against this. Gonna be tough again next year.

Side note.....I think we have our answer back to our old argument from years ago, Beilein or Crean, if you didn't think we did already. You're right. I was totally wrong. Good on you Hail! Lol. Is it bad I'm ready for Beilein to retire???

Former IU player Daryl Thomas passed away from a heart attack today. He was a key member on the 1987 title team.Sad, sad news.

He was 52.

aww man, that sucks. I remember him. I was a huge fan of that 87 team. Still remember where I was for all the big games.

Favorite quote from that year...when they asked Bob KNight if he was worried when there were down big late to LSU and he said, "I looked down at the other end of the court and saw Dale Brown coaching and knew we had a chance."

Funny because it's true.

RIP Daryl, I'll always remember you as a grinder power forward on my all time favorite team.

We have two open schollies and need guards. Any suggestions? :D
Deleware Transfer Ryan Daly; he's got to sit a year, so not immediate help. Gets two years,tho.
Just read Bob Morris lost a 17/5 sophomore guard..
Miles Reynolds is from the Midwest.. eligible immediately.
Someone once told me Brady Ellingson was a stud..

Who are you hearing?

Pretty tough to argue against this. Gonna be tough again next year.

Side note.....I think we have our answer back to our old argument from years ago, Beilein or Crean, if you didn't think we did already. You're right. I was totally wrong. Good on you Hail! Lol. Is it bad I'm ready for Beilein to retire???

Man, I'm pretty sure Crean left Indiana with a winning record vs Beilein. You'll always have that over me.

Reactions: SNU0821
If true, yikes, speaks to how bad MSU’s s&c program is

Yeah, I'm sure MSU basketball doesn't have top of the line athletics training. :confused:

However, you see it in football and basketball all the time during the off season. How many kids train not with their schools during the off season when practice isnt going on? A lot of them.

Nick Ward declared and didn’t hire an agent.

He'll get feedback and come back. Think he's around a mid to late 2nd round pick.

There just isn't a lot of demand for 6'8 guys that play under the rim in the NBA right now.

Deleware Transfer Ryan Daly; he's got to sit a year, so not immediate help. Gets two years,tho.
Just read Bob Morris lost a 17/5 sophomore guard..
Miles Reynolds is from the Midwest.. eligible immediately.
Someone once told me Brady Ellingson was a stud..

Who are you hearing?
Not a whole lot, but someone on the homeboard did say one of our assistants started following Reynolds on twitter. How he came by that nugget, I don't know, but I haven't heard anything official about the Reynolds interest.

Brady Ellingson is an interesting prospect.....:D

Purdue just got a solid grad transfer for the next two years. Immediate eligibility.

Rutgers takes a hit. Corey Sanders is signing with an agent.

nice pickup for Purdue. We badly needed a solution at the 4.

Will be interesting to see if he slides to the 5 at all as well.

ADVERTISEMENT