ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Even $500 Million doesn't seem to be enough.

Doesn't mean that the victims cannot go after any of the other organizations / groups that were involved in this.

"The settlement applies to only Michigan State University and MSU individuals sued in the litigation. It does not address claims against USA gymnastics, the United States Olympic Committee, Bela and Martha Karolyi, Twistars, John Geddert or any other parties."

Reactions: MGC_07
From an IU side nothing was done wrong. Rick is just showing light to the grey. Tim I am sure has been paid by Adidas but unlike Bagley's father he didn't go out and buy a mansion.
This, well said. If Duke gets by with this sh*t so do we.

It is allowable under NCAA rules for a shoe company to give an AAU sponsorship to the parent of a player. - All that matters.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Really??? Maryland might be fvcking good then.

Diamond Stone's father my man. Only reason he went to Maryland.

Shit there is only one reason why De'ron Davis went to IU. He was down to IU and Mississippi State.

It is allowable under NCAA rules for a shoe company to give an AAU sponsorship to the parent of a player. - All that matters.
The NCAA has been ridiculously inconsistent on this matter. They suspended Renardo Sidney for essentially the same thing. I doubt anything comes of this but I struggle to put faith in the NCAA ever doing exactly as expected. Such a sham organization. For Romeo's sake, I hope nothing comes of this. Even if his dad operates in the gray, the kid doesn't deserve to be punished.

The NCAA has been ridiculously inconsistent on this matter. They suspended Renardo Sidney for essentially the same thing. I doubt anything comes of this but I struggle to put faith in the NCAA ever doing exactly as expected. Such a sham organization. For Romeo's sake, I hope nothing comes of this. Even if his dad operates in the gray, the kid doesn't deserve to be punished.

Very true. The Bagley situation was just so obvious. His father's source of income was the Nike sponsorship of his program Phamily. Of course it was Duke and not Mississippi State.

Yeah I feel bad for Romeo, like the kid is a pawn in his Father's/NCAA's/Adidas' money machine. Sure IU didn't necessarily do anything illegal, but it's hard to say you won fair and square when other schools were eliminated purely because of their apparel affiliation. Alas, this is what college basketball is.

Yeah I feel bad for Romeo, like the kid is a pawn in his Father's/NCAA's/Adidas' money machine. Sure IU didn't necessarily do anything illegal, but it's hard to say you won fair and square when other schools were eliminated purely because of their apparel affiliation. Alas, this is what college basketball is.

This is recruiting and this isn't new. If IU didn't break any rules I truly do not give a shit.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Sidney was living in million dollar homes and paying in excess of $4,000 a month for those homes. His dad was also a Reebok Consultant. A little different.

Sidney was living in million dollar homes and paying in excess of $4,000 a month for those homes. His dad was also a Reebok Consultant. A little different.
In a recent tax filing, the Bagleys listed a home address in a gated subdivision in Northridge called Porter Ranch, that typically has houses sell from $750,000 to $1.5 million and rents from $2,500 to $7,500 per month, according to an area real estate agent, the story states.

In a recent tax filing, the Bagleys listed a home address in a gated subdivision in Northridge called Porter Ranch, that typically has houses sell from $750,000 to $1.5 million and rents from $2,500 to $7,500 per month, according to an area real estate agent, the story states.

and he was cleared no problem. If Romeo went to Cleveland State he would probably have been ****ed. He will be fine at IU.

and he was cleared no problem. If Romeo went to Cleveland State he would probably have been ****ed. He will be fine at IU.
My assumption as well. I was just pointing out the inconsistency with Sidney and Bagley. Btown evidently didn't understand my point.

Reactions: klize17

Romeo still lives in the same home. Not a million dollar home. His parents don't drive a fancy car.

Bagley had tuition probably for free....his dad was an assistant coach at the school as well....his dad had the AAU program (which they can earn income from per NCAA rules which can be funded as high as $150,000). Do we know how much the mom makes? No.

Problem with Sidney was he was also a consultant for Reebok and received income from that and they hid other income from investigators and lied to them.

My assumption as well. I was just pointing out the inconsistency with Sidney and Bagley. Btown evidently didn't understand my point.

Read the post above. Different story. Missing the point of his dad being a Reebok Consultant which the NCAA deemed was only because of his son. NCAA already allows the AAU program and to earn income from that.

Romeo still lives in the same home. Not a million dollar home. His parents don't drive a fancy car.

Bagley had tuition probably for free....his dad was an assistant coach at the school as well....his dad had the AAU program (which they can earn income from per NCAA rules which can be funded as high as $150,000). Do we know how much the mom makes? No.

Problem with Sidney was he was also a consultant for Reebok and received income from that and they hid other income from investigators and lied to them.
I wasn't comparing Romeo to Bagley or Sidney. I was comparing Bagley and Sidney when commenting on the sham that the NCAA is. I also said I didn't expect anything to happen with Romeo. You should really be more careful when reading.

I wasn't comparing Romeo to Bagley or Sidney. I was comparing Bagley and Sidney when commenting on the sham that the NCAA is. I also said I didn't expect anything to happen with Romeo. You should really be more careful when reading.

You said: "They suspended Renardo Sidney for essentially the same thing."

Not the same thing. One was receiving $ outside of the AAU thing. Sidney. Nobody knows whether Romeo did. Bagley, the NCAA didn't look into or couldn't prove.

ADVERTISEMENT