ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

I’ll be curious to see if his weight, or lack thereof will have any effect on his defense. I like his length and athleticism for the position but there’s no denying he’s scrawny.[/QUOTE

Just found an article from March 1, 2018 where he said he was 6'3" 158lbs. I used to have a thigh that weighed more. The key being used to :)

I’m sure you have watched each player extensively and know their strengths/weaknesses.
Sure have not. BUT, I trust the people who get paid to evaluate these players and there is a huge difference between someone ranked in the 40s and someone in the 150+. Have a problem with that?
All I know is I like the talent of Purdue’s recruits coming in and Okoro would have been the third big in the class, whether he’d be the best big or not. I trust Painter as a coach and I’m just a fan here to enjoy the ride with the players that do decide to join my alma mater.
There are many scouts that think Okoro is overrated, but he would be exactly what we need at the 5 right now.

Just found an article from March 1, 2018 where he said he was 6'3" 158lbs. I used to have a thigh that weighed more. The key being used to :)
I cannot fathom being 6’3 and weighing 158 lol I haven’t weighed that since I was a freshman in high school and I’m only 5’10.

Reactions: klize17
There are many scouts that think Okoro is overrated, but he would be exactly what we need at the 5 right now.
He may be overrated as a freshman but he has the body/potential to be a dominant big in a few years which is why I think he’s rated so high. Really raw offensively but you can’t teach his combo of size and athleticism.

iwnaot.gif

Fantastic gif. Well done.

He may be overrated as a freshman but he has the body/potential to be a dominant big in a few years which is why I think he’s rated so high. Really raw offensively but you can’t teach his combo of size and athleticism.
Good post. Okoro is going to be very, very good in a couple years, probably by his sophomore season after a bunch of those Oregon players leave.

If Painter gets next year's team in the top 25 then Purdue needs to go ahead and build him a statue. Carsen is damn good but he can't do it by himself offensively especially sub 6ft. Purdue lost a ton of production, and there are no instant impact guys coming in (at least on paper).
IU fans set a low bar for accolades...Sweet 16 rings, BIG regular season net cutting etc. Getting a decent team in the Top 25= yawn.

Crean was fired for his inconsistency IMO.
I know I just think it's funny when IU fans get made fun of for celebrating the only success Purdue has been able to muster under their current coach, especially when IU fired theirs. That being said looking at Purdue's roster going into next year I seriously doubt they make the top 25. If they do Painter deserves a ton of credit that's all I was saying.

Quick question did Illinois’ negative recruiting of Purdue show Okoro the way to Oregon?
From everything I've read, the glitz of the Oregon brand coupled with their style of play were what won the day. But I can't imagine Illinois talking about Purdue anchoring their centers in the post - which isn't true at all - probably didn't help Purdue's case.

Would have really liked to add Okoro from a recruiting perspective, but I'm pretty fine with Purdue not having four of their 13 scholarships tied up in true centers for at least two years.

Painter awarded Sweet 16 rings and cut down nets after a home loss? News to me. My gut says some IU fans will start a drumbeat soon to get rid of Miller. As for Purdue next year - they will be in the hunt for another B1G title. No awards necessary for getting in the Top 25 of a bunch of know nothing reporters.

Yeah, Purdue is loaded with top-50 athletic kids again next season. The Boilers don't need another one taking up bench space. The way Painter is crushing it on the recruiting trail this is just water under the bridge for PU bball. Next!!!!
Known talent evaluator BigJayStud...

My conference prediction:
1. Michigan State
2. Minnesota
3. Maryland
4. Northwestern
5. Wisconsin
6. Illinois
7. Iowa
7 . Penn State
9. Indiana
10. Michigan
11. Purdue
12. Ohio State

13. Rutgers
14. Nebraska

Purdue lost a major piece with Swanigan and their guard play is mediocre at best. Also, PU will be one of the least athletic teams in the conference next season.

Michigan will need to replace three starters, and it appears Beilein will need to do it wth freshmen and transfers. I'm not buying they won't miss a beat mantra.

Painter awarded Sweet 16 rings and cut down nets after a home loss? News to me. My gut says some IU fans will start a drumbeat soon to get rid of Miller. As for Purdue next year - they will be in the hunt for another B1G title. No awards necessary for getting in the Top 25 of a bunch of know nothing reporters.
lol okay

From everything I've read, the glitz of the Oregon brand coupled with their style of play were what won the day. But I can't imagine Illinois talking about Purdue anchoring their centers in the post - which isn't true at all - probably didn't help Purdue's case.

Would have really liked to add Okoro from a recruiting perspective, but I'm pretty fine with Purdue not having four of their 13 scholarships tied up in true centers for at least two years.
You really have to question the glitz of the Oregon brand. It doesn’t seem to draw any decent crowd to the games and PAC basketball goes largely unnoticed by 99% of the national crowd. They can’t break 10k with a good team and a mediocre one won’t draw 5000. Sounds like fun. That said missing on Okoro is a non event. My guess is I will see him play less than 1 game the next few years.

Quick question did Illinois’ negative recruiting of Purdue show Okoro the way to Oregon?
Oregon was saying the same thing about Purdue.

Don't think he was going to Purdue either way. From all accounts, the pitch to Okoro from Painter left a lot to be desired.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! In the hunt for a B10 Championship? Good Lord. Pig is drunk or on drugs.

A few too many tonight?

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821
painter sucks at recruiting but he still owns the illini, haha.
Yeah, Purdue is loaded with top-50 athletic kids again next season. The Boilers don't need another one taking up bench space. The way Painter is crushing it on the recruiting trail this is just water under the bridge for PU bball. Next!!!!

And what are you known for exactly? Being a tin-foil hat wearing, Trump voting, frat letter brandishing, IU grad with a personality disorder? I see why you want to stay anonymous lol.
So true. Loves to make fun of you personally but would never be willing to put his info on here.

Yeah I can’t imagine what your employer would think if they saw some of the garbage you spew on these boards. Probably not great for job security.
Couldn’t do anything, actually. I haven’t posted anything other than my opinions on with the occasional ribbing of rival fans.

Oregon was saying the same thing about Purdue.

Don't think he was going to Purdue either way. From all accounts, the pitch to Okoro from Painter left a lot to be desired.

Can you elaborate on the pitch?

ADVERTISEMENT