ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

If anything, it’s worse for Illinois. They had legit playing time to sell plus they were in his backyard. He would’ve been a luxury recruit for Purdue but wasn’t a guarantee to start.
Yeah, Purdue is loaded with top-50 athletic kids again next season. The Boilers don't need another one taking up bench space. The way Painter is crushing it on the recruiting trail this is just water under the bridge for PU bball. Next!!!!

Sure you guys will be far ahead of that? I'm not...
I think they will finish above that, Painter is a good coach. That being said with the lack of offense on next year's team I see them about 6, a bubble team. Eventually talent will catch up especially when Carsen leaves.

Sure you guys will be far ahead of that? I'm not...
You must think Carsen will stay in the draft then, huh? The national guys who assume he's coming back have Purdue either in or just out of the top 25.

You must think Carsen will stay in the draft then, huh? The national guys who assume he's coming back have Purdue either in or just out of the top 25.
If Painter gets next year's team in the top 25 then Purdue needs to go ahead and build him a statue. Carsen is damn good but he can't do it by himself offensively especially sub 6ft. Purdue lost a ton of production, and there are no instant impact guys coming in (at least on paper).

Reactions: SNU0821
Yeah, Purdue is loaded with top-50 athletic kids again next season. The Boilers don't need another one taking up bench space. The way Painter is crushing it on the recruiting trail this is just water under the bridge for PU bball. Next!!!!

Says the guy who thought Illinois would finish significantly higher than Purdue in conference last year. Good call!

If Painter gets next year's team in the top 25 then Purdue needs to go ahead and build him a statue. Carsen is damn good but he can't do it by himself offensively especially sub 6ft. Purdue lost a ton of production, and there are no instant impact guys coming in (at least on paper).

I’d say Boudreaux has the potential to be instant impact.

Reactions: KisteK
B-ball recruiting has been disappointing but I’m pumped about football recruiting as I think the 2019 class will be a really good one. I’m in football mode now haha.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Well that’s why we play the games and give other players opportunities to make an impact.

I’d say Boudreaux has the potential to be instant impact.
I think he will certainly make an impact but he did shoot 37% from the floor at Dartmouth. Curious to see how that translates to the BIG 10. Should be Purdue's second leading scorer but efficiency in the Big 10 is a question.

I think he will certainly make an impact but he did shoot 37% from the floor at Dartmouth. Curious to see how that translates to the BIG 10. Should be Purdue's second leading scorer but efficiency in the Big 10 is a question.
He'll be more efficient due to the fact he won't have to carry the load and be the first option anymore.

So there's one prediction. The rest? Yeeeeeesh.

Don’t think Westy ever predicted anything as stupid as Illinois finishing ahead of Purdue last year. That’s a prediction that was shit on because it was so ridiculous.

Don’t think Westy ever predicted anything as stupid as Illinois finishing ahead of Purdue last year. That’s a prediction that was shit on because it was so ridiculous.
Yeah he has. He's pounded his chest and made fun of other predictions in early November/December multiple times only to have it pushed back in his face. Pretty common knowledge, actually.

He'll be more efficient due to the fact he won't have to carry the load and be the first option anymore.
Yeah but the Big 10 and the Ivy League aren't comparable. They also finished last at in their league at 7-20 so defense is also a question. Look, I don't think Purdue is going to suck next year, I have them on the bubble at around 6th or 7th.

Reactions: klize17
Yeah but the Big 10 and the Ivy League isn't comparable. They also finished last at in their league at 7-20 so defense is also a question. Look, I don't think Purdue is going to suck next year, I have them on the bubble at around 6th or 7th.
That's fine. Perfectly reasonable to think that.

And what are you known for exactly? Being a tin-foil hat wearing, Trump voting, frat letter brandishing, IU grad with a personality disorder? I see why you want to stay anonymous lol.
Not sure anyone believes anything you said above. But props for trying to get something to stick. We all know you're a little snowflake millennial. #maga

and....your name is Blaire. LULZ

Reactions: Brizoom
I’m sure you have watched each player extensively and know their strengths/weaknesses.
Sure have not. BUT, I trust the people who get paid to evaluate these players and there is a huge difference between someone ranked in the 40s and someone in the 150+. Have a problem with that?
All I know is I like the talent of Purdue’s recruits coming in and Okoro would have been the third big in the class, whether he’d be the best big or not. I trust Painter as a coach and I’m just a fan here to enjoy the ride with the players that do decide to join my alma mater.

All I know is I like the talent of Purdue’s recruits coming in and Okoro would have been the third big in the class, whether he’d be the best big or not. I trust Painter as a coach and I’m just a fan here to enjoy the ride with the players that do decide to join my alma mater.

He was in pretty deep, so he obviously thinks Purdue needs some help.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and SNU0821

He’d be dumb not to take a top 50 talented kid. But I trust him to mold the lineup he has and/or find another player to bring in to fill a hole.

He was in on him when he thought he was a 2019 guy and was in too far to just stop recruiting him once he switched to 2018 you know?

He was in on him when he thought he was a 2019 guy and was in too far to just stop recruiting him once he switched to 2018 you know?
iwnaot.gif

I don't know much about your other recruits but I think Hunter and Thompson will be really good 4 year players.

Reactions: KisteK
I don't know much about your other recruits but I think Hunter and Thompson will be really good 4 year players.
Thompson is 2019 but agree with Hunter. Trevion Williams is really skilled but out of shape is his biggest flaw. Beast of a man though for a kid his age. Dowuona really raw offensively but should be a plus defensively and his athleticism gives him a high ceiling.

Hunter can score for sure. Just so damn skinny. He didn't play against the best high school talent, so you kind of have to take his high school scoring numbers with a grain of salt. He can still shoot the basketball very well.

Hunter can score for sure. Just so damn skinny. He didn't play against the best high school talent, so you kind of have to take his high school scoring numbers with a grain of salt. He can still shoot the basketball very well.
I’ll be curious to see if his weight, or lack thereof will have any effect on his defense. I like his length and athleticism for the position but there’s no denying he’s scrawny.

ADVERTISEMENT