ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

"HE'S NO MATT HAARMS!"

giphy.gif

Quick question did Illinois’ negative recruiting of Purdue show Okoro the way to Oregon?

Quick question did Illinois’ negative recruiting of Purdue show Okoro the way to Oregon?
If he really bought into the style of play thing, I'll be pretty disappointed that our staff couldn't easily combat that. I think Oregon just won him over.

Reactions: klize17
If he really bought into the style of play thing, I'll be pretty disappointed that our staff couldn't easily combat that. I think Oregon just won him over.

Oregon is solid...I saw he mentioned they have been on him since he was a freshman as well.

Reactions: KisteK
Oregon is solid...I saw he mentioned they have been on him since he was a freshman as well.
Was told that Okoro didn't like Carsen and thought "he was a prick". Not really surprised. Carsen doesn't seem like the host type. Lol

Was told that Okoro didn't like Carsen and thought "he was a prick". Not really surprised. Carsen doesn't seem like the host type. Lol

An All American player is keeping top 50 kids from coming to Purdue. Painter might be the worst closer since Brad Lidge

Pujols_vs_Lidge.gif_4e6gpz9l_aevbyl0o.gif

Are you hoping Carsen goes pro so the 19 class has a chance without the big meanie around?

Kind of my point...a couple weeks ago a few Boilers were upset because Illinois was telling Okoro he was going have to play his back to basket at Purdue.
Were they upset? I thought they were laughing at the prospect of using such an easily disproven tactic.

An All American player is keeping top 50 kids from coming to Purdue. Painter might be the worst closer since Brad Lidge

Pujols_vs_Lidge.gif_4e6gpz9l_aevbyl0o.gif

Are you hoping Carsen goes pro so the 19 class has a chance without the big meanie around?
Your bait has been weak lately. :/

I’m not happy about it either.

Painter needs an assistant that can really assist on the recruting front. He obviously isn’t a great closer himself.

Ostrom has become this for Indiana. Ostrom is the recruiter, Schilling is the developer and Flint does whatever Flint does.

Painter is a very very good coach with but that is only going to take him and the program so far. Painter with talent would be a top 10 coach in the country. He needs to look at making changes to acquire that talent. It isn’t negative recruting or cheating he just needs someone to come in and sell. Cunozo could sell at Purdue, Painter just needs someone to fill that void.

Well the "he didn't get along with guys on the roster during his visit" came from rivals so...

Regardless, I think the idea of playing at Nike U won him over more than anything.

And that very well may be it. Okoro didn’t fit that Purdue mentality, which happens. Just giving Westy some shit.

This isn’t the only time a top 50 didn’t choose Purdue and an excuse comes out.

A fella on our homeboard pointed out how Michigan State has not played in the Gavitt Games. MSU fans does that have to do with being in the Champions Classic?

Reactions: MGC_07
If anything, it’s worse for Illinois. They had legit playing time to sell plus they were in his backyard. He would’ve been a luxury recruit for Purdue but wasn’t a guarantee to start.

He was in their backyard too right? What happened @Jaycg15

If anything, it’s worse for Illinois. They had legit playing time to sell plus they were in his backyard. He would’ve been a luxury recruit for Purdue but wasn’t a guarantee to start.
He would have been. More than a luxury. He would have been one of your best big men. Haarms gets the nod until proven, but who else do you have that you honestly think would be better than Okoro? Please don’t say ED or the other guy you got....

A fella on our homeboard pointed out how Michigan State has not played in the Gavitt Games. MSU fans does that have to do with being in the Champions Classic?

Yes, that and the other pre-season tournaments each year. Next season, we are in Champions Classic against Kansas on Nov 6 and the Las Vegas Invitational (which includes UNC, Texas, and UCLA) Nov 22-23.

2019 MSU will be in Champions Classic and then Maui Invitational.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
Yes, that and the other pre-season tournaments each year. Next season, we are in Champions Classic against Kansas on Nov 6 and the Las Vegas Invitational (which includes UNC, Texas, and UCLA) Nov 22-23.

2019 MSU will be in Champions Classic and then Maui Invitational.

Sounds like MSU was supposed to be in it this year and every B1G team has to be in 4 out of the 8 years, so MSU will be in it each year through the end of the deal.

Reactions: KisteK and MGC_07
He was in their backyard too right? What happened @Jaycg15

I don't know whether it's true or not, but one person said that he wanted to get away from his family. Whether or not that's true it's hard to beat Nike's poster boy on a kid that is sold on sparkly things when all you have to show is a pile of shit with some available time.

Not sure what changed, but we were in the driver's seat around December. It's not a huge loss, but it definitely doesn't help us.

Sounds like MSU was supposed to be in it this year and every B1G team has to be in 4 out of the 8 years, so MSU will be in it each year through the end of the deal.

Yea I just noticed that too (that each team is req'd to play 4x). Interesting, as I never really heard of / paid attention to these Gavitt games.

Reactions: MGC_07
He would have been. More than a luxury. He would have been one of your best big men. Haarms gets the nod until proven, but who else do you have that you honestly think would be better than Okoro? Please don’t say ED or the other guy you got....
I’m sure you have watched each player extensively and know their strengths/weaknesses.

Yea I just noticed that too (that each team is req'd to play 4x). Interesting, as I never really heard of / paid attention to these Gavitt games.
Yeah. We have had a ton of other commitments. Will be tough to schedule those in along with all the other games.

I’m sure you have watched each player extensively and know their strengths/weaknesses.
Sure have not. BUT, I trust the people who get paid to evaluate these players and there is a huge difference between someone ranked in the 40s and someone in the 150+. Have a problem with that?

Reactions: joe for prez
ADVERTISEMENT