ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

UW should be there til the end. Unless he's scared of Trice/Strickland. He shouldn't be.

Doesn't sound like Wisconsin was much a presence this weekend at his games. Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State...maybe Wisconsin still.

Doesn't sound like Wisconsin was much a presence this weekend at his games. Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State...maybe Wisconsin still.

Pretty sure we watched him some this weekend. He’s still a priority for us.

SI Big Ten draft prospects:

3) Jaren Jackson - MSU
11) Miles Bridges - MSU
22) Bruno Fernando - Maryland
42) Kevin Huerter - Maryland
44) Keita Bates-Diop - OSU
46) Justin Jackson - Maryland
47) Tony Carr - PSU
50) Mo Wagner - Michigan
68) Carsen Edwards - Purdue
73) Vince Edwards - Purdue
93) Ethan Happ - Wisconsin
94) Charles Matthews - Michigan

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/24/n...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

3) Jaren Jackson - MSU
11) Miles Bridges - MSU
47) Tony Carr - PSU
50) Mo Wagner - Michigan

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/24/n...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si
But I thought Mathias, Haas and Vince Edwards were all draft picks? At least that's what some Purdue posters thought.

I kid. I kid. Well, some did think that. I know it's not the majority.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
There was some chatter that Juwan might not be coming back, but that would shock me. He certainly wouldn't be going to the association that is for sure.

I am still shocked no one has announced a transfer to this point. I think that speaks volumes about Archie as a coach and the players are all-in. I also think that the potential 2019 class is going to create a massive log jam in the 4/5 positions and some will move on, maybe just a year later than expected.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821

3) Jaren Jackson - MSU
11) Miles Bridges - MSU
47) Tony Carr - PSU
50) Mo Wagner - Michigan

And people think Happ should leave? lulz

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Hopefully every current forward player holds their ground, so that Keion Brooks and TJD decide to go elsewhere (aka MSU).

TJD and Keion Brooks are not worried about the other players on IUs roster. Some others should be worried about them.

I don't think MSU gets either regardless if they go to IU or not. Probably a better shot with Brooks than TJD.

@Deathclutch

I see we offered Tyler Wahl. I'm not seeing anything from his videos that makes me think we should have offered him at this time, or ever..

Am I missing something?

But I thought Mathias, Haas and Vince Edwards were all draft picks? At least that's what some Purdue posters thought.

I kid. I kid. Well, some did think that. I know it's not the majority.
After his performance in Portsmouth, I could see Mathias being a guy that drifts between the G league and an NBA team for a couple of years and maybe carving out a role somewhere. I don't think he gets drafted though.

Haas would have been a lottery pick 25 years ago. Unfortunately the game has passed his type by. He'll get camp invites but I'd guess he gets exposed and ends up playing overseas.

Vince is an enigma. As the article says, he is good at a bunch of different things but not elite at anything. The NBA loves bench guys who bring at least one elite skill. I have no idea if he can carve out a niche.

And so you don't call my Mathias comment a strictly homer comment:

Da7ko2rXUAEL7VJ.jpg:large

TJD and Keion Brooks are not worried about the other players on IUs roster. Some others should be worried about them.

I don't think MSU gets either regardless if they go to IU or not. Probably a better shot with Brooks than TJD.

247 has Brooks at 100% to MSU, and TJD at 100% to IU. Obviously not the be all end all, but I would think MSU still has a good chance with Brooks.

Could depend on what happens with MSU and Romeo Weems, a 4-star SF/PF from MI.

247 has Brooks at 100% to MSU, and TJD at 100% to IU. Obviously not the be all end all, but I would think MSU still has a good chance with Brooks.

Sounds like TJD is closer to announcing than Brooks is. Brooks seems like it may go on for a while. If I'm guessing, I bet Brooks ends up at neither IU nor MSU.

CB is meaningless when the kid is nowhere close to a decision. I did see that MSU picked up a CB pick over the weekend, but I do not think that means much. He is a long way away from a decision.

Not following the 2nd rule. Aaron Wiggins for Maryland. He just won the one on one contest at the Iverson classic.

Know of any recaps / boxscores from the Iverson Classic main game?

Seems like MSU's Gabe Brown played fairly well, but I can't find any final stats.

CB is meaningless when the kid is nowhere close to a decision. I did see that MSU picked up a CB pick over the weekend, but I do not think that means much. He is a long way away from a decision.

I don't think they are super reliable either, I just know MSU has been recruiting Brooks since he was in 7th grade, and was his "first recruiting letter".

I don't follow it too closely though, so maybe they aren't as involved anymore.

@Deathclutch

I see we offered Tyler Wahl. I'm not seeing anything from his videos that makes me think we should have offered him at this time, or ever..

Am I missing something?

Well, you are probably missing alot, since you are Wisconsin fan. :D

Regarding Wahl, he had a pretty good high school season, but I am still on the fence whether or not he is a high major player.

Well, you are probably missing alot, since you are Wisconsin fan. :D

That may be true...

Regarding Wahl, he had a pretty good high school season, but I am still on the fence whether or not he is a high major player.

I'm not even in sight of the fence. I just don't see it. Hopefully I eat crow because I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up a Badger.

We seem to be cooling on Days since he's not really showing any offensive development, then we go and offer Wahl.

I really want Nnaji. Hope they can get that done sooner than later.

@Deathclutch

Am I missing something?
I didn't see it until I watched this.

Why the services are labeling him a PF, I have no idea. He's toolsy and more athletic than I originally thought, was really surprised by the play he has in the highlights that starts at 2:40. Reportedly now a real 6'7" too, plays point for his HS team. I saw somewhere that he was the "enforcer" on the D1 team with Hurt and Nnaji, that he's tough and doesn't back down. If he can shoot it, I'm fine with him. Played with Reuvers in HS...he's been overshadowed by other high major kids for much of his young career. I think that UW is just ahead of the curve on him....like they have been with others.

Edit: Per Ryan James (Minny 247): "I'm sold. Surely, surely has get the confidence as a shooter. The form is good and the work ethic is there but has to become more confident as a shooter. But everything else, Tyler has it. He's a guy I would offer in a four man Gopher class and plug in wherever because he does so much for a team.

Tyler was originally a SF classified kid because as a wing at 6-foot-6 he has fantastic handles. He is the D1 back-up PG and led Lakeville North to third in state playing PG down the stretch. But some call him a four because he's an excellent rebounder (12 a game this winter). Defensively he may be the best in the state. Every thing you need to be a good wing defender Tyler has it and does it. And explosive. This guy can finish above the rim with the best in his class. You can't give him a position because he's played PG, SG, SF, and PF in the last three months."

Last edited:
I didn't see it until I watched this.

Why the services are labeling him a PF, I have no idea. He's toolsy and more athletic than I originally thought, was really surprised by the play he has in the highlights that starts at 2:40. Reportedly now a real 6'7" too, plays point for his HS team. I saw somewhere that he was the "enforcer" on the D1 team with Hurt and Nnaji, that he's tough and doesn't back down. If he can shoot it, I'm fine with him. Played with Reuvers in HS...he's been overshadowed by other high major kids for much of his young career. I think that UW is just ahead of the curve on him....like they have been with others.

I watched that video and another one to form my opinion. Underwhelming to me at least. We've already got a couple projects in Hedstrom and Currie. Need an immediate impact guy in 2019. I don't see that here.

I watched that video and another one to form my opinion. Underwhelming to me at least. We've already got a couple projects in Hedstrom and Currie. Need an immediate impact guy in 2019. I don't see that here.
Ford, Reuvers, Walker (if he comes here), Currie (I disagree that he's a project after a RS year) are all available to play 4/5 in 2019. What true freshmen that UW has a shot at getting is going to come in and take time away from at least three of those guys? UW is going to go to a three guard line-up. A versatile wing like this kid will be perfect for Wisconsin, if he comes here. There are other guys that UW has already offered. Hall looks like a player, and UW has a good shot there, I'd be happy with him too. Nnaji is the one guy that UW has offered for 2019 that I consider a "have to get" kind of guy, but there's no guarantee he'll be physically ready as a frosh....and getting Nnaji is not mutually exclusive to getting a guy like Wahl or Hall. Who else should UW offer then? Hurt isn't going to go to UW, and Days' game hasn't developed, he's atrocious on the offensive end. If UW can land Carton, I think they still take two forwards, who else should it be?

Ford, Reuvers, Walker (if he comes here), Currie (I disagree that he's a project after a RS year) are all available to play 4/5 in 2019. What true freshmen that UW has a shot at getting is going to come in and take time away from at least three of those guys? UW is going to go to a three guard line-up. A versatile wing like this kid will be perfect for Wisconsin, if he comes here. There are other guys that UW has already offered. Hall looks like a player, and UW has a good shot there, I'd be happy with him too. Nnaji is the one guy that UW has offered for 2019 that I consider a "have to get" kind of guy, but there's no guarantee he'll be physically ready as a frosh....and getting Nnaji is not mutually exclusive to getting a guy like Wahl or Hall. Who else should UW offer then? Hurt isn't going to go to UW, and Days' game hasn't developed, he's atrocious on the offensive end. If UW can land Carton, I think they still take two forwards, who else should it be?
It would suck to lose Nnaji to you guys. He has a boatload of potential and is going to keep rising in the rankings.

Reactions: WheelerG

I think you can get Wahl at any time. I wouldn't have offered him yet. You could offer him after July and get him, imo. I don't see him as a sure-fire high major. I like our chances with Nnaji. I like Hall, no idea on our chances though.

I'm just not sold on Wahl. I can usually tell from videos if the kid is going to be a good one for us. I just didn't see much from what I've seen so far.

To be fair, I thought the same about Davison at first but then he went out and proved me wrong. Maybe Wahl will do that this summer.

I've moved on from Days. He just shows nothing on offense and that is very troublesome.

Reactions: WheelerG

3) Jaren Jackson - MSU
11) Miles Bridges - MSU
47) Tony Carr - PSU
50) Mo Wagner - Michigan

Well, what happened to Maryland last season?

Random info....Big Ten teams' AP poll appearances this century (or in the lifetimes of today's recruits):

MSU (5th overall) - 267 appearances
Wisconsin (12th) - 202
OSU (17th) - 180
Illinois (18th) - 154
Maryland (19th) - 153
Purdue (24th) - 141
IU (27th) - 128
Michigan (43rd) - 78
Iowa (46th) - 73
Minnesota (62nd) - 40
Northwestern (104th) - 4
Nebraska (11th) - 2
PSU - Nada
Rutgers - Nada

Random info....Big Ten teams' AP poll appearances this century (or in the lifetimes of today's recruits):

MSU (5th overall) - 267 appearances
Wisconsin (12th) - 202
OSU (17th) - 180
Illinois (18th) - 154
Maryland (19th) - 153
Purdue (24th) - 141
IU (27th) - 128
Michigan (43rd) - 78
Iowa (46th) - 73
Minnesota (62nd) - 40
Northwestern (104th) - 4
Nebraska (11th) - 2