top targets are these
4* Forward Hall from Kansas
4* #30 by Rivals
4* #47 by 247
NR by ESPN PG Carton
#2 PG 4* by Rivals Terry
#207 3* by 247
NR by ESPN
as for Jackson-Davis yes Fran is in a good position but he will need a scholarship to open up as he now only has 2 with Patric already claiming 1.

Patrick and JD have built up a pretty good relationship as well as AC Francis and Fran, it may come down to style of play being the deciding factor for these players.

this is was what drew Nunge and Garza to play at Iowa under Fran the ability to play facing the basket on offense.

Reactions: KisteK
Locures best offer is Drake and he is at best the 3rd best PG in Iowa,
top targets are these
4* Forward Hall from Kansas
4* #30 by Rivals
4* #47 by 247
NR by ESPN PG Carton
#2 PG 4* by Rivals Terry
#207 3* by 247
NR by ESPN
as for Jackson-Davis yes Fran is in a good position but he will need a scholarship to open up as he now only has 2 with Patric already claiming 1.

Patrick and JD have built up a pretty good relationship as well as AC Francis and Fran, it may come down to style of play being the deciding factor for these players.

this is was what drew Nunge and Garza to play at Iowa under Fran the ability to play facing the basket on offense.
If you consider 5th in good position then go ahead. Indiana, MSU, Purdue, and OSU I would say have a better shot st this point than Iowa to get him. He has had in homes with all 5, but has been to multiple MSU games and Indiana games. Not sure about the other 2 but probably. TJD is a long shot

Sure thing dude. What PG would want to be coached by a former ACC PG?
Fran was a PG himself and had quite the reputation.
as for Davis, he has been to Iowa multiple times including a couple FB games with Patrick. going to the Saterday morning shirt and skin games before the home FB game.

Too bad the new transfer rules won't be proposed until at least next year. Need some backcourt help that is immediately eligible.

Again, no offense to your coach or Indiana PGs, but what Beilein has done with that position has bit impressive.

Ah okay you’re right. That’s why the top PGs in every recruiting class are knocking down Michigan’s door. My bad. I missed it

Give me a ****ing break. I wouldn’t be but hurt if you said a big choosing certain other schools over Michigan was a no brainer. Beilein has been great at developing the PG position. Such a weird thing to try to argue against.

Ah okay you’re right. That’s why the top PGs in every recruiting class are knocking down Michigan’s door. My bad. I missed it

That’s on them. That doesn’t change history and how Beilein developed Morris, Burke, Walton, and now Simpson.

Am I getting trolled? I feel like this has to be trolling. Hate Michigan, trash Michigan, whatever.... but to insist Beilein hasn’t done great with the PG position is something I can’t believe anyone would do if they were being serious.

Fran has done pretty good with the PG's he has brought in
Gesell as a 4 year starter led Iowa to the 3rd most wins in Iowa's history not to mention Gesell was the 1st PG to have over 200 assists in a single season

Bohannon was just the 2nd PG to have 170+ assists and 85+ made 3's in the same season in the last 25 years as a FR
then as a SO on a bad foot became the only PG in the last 25 years to have back to back seasons with
170+ assists and 80+ made 3's
who knows what he will do on a healthy foot and with more experienced players around him.

that's pretty impressive.

Hail gonna Hail it up

Burke did have a decent end of the season with a terrible team

G league in year 5 though is rough though

Beilein had a player that was in the G league in year 5 win National Player of the Year? Nice coaching. Beilein apparently got the most out of Burke’s skill set.

Reactions: BANGBRO
Fran has done pretty good with the PG's he has brought in
Gesell as a 4 year starter led Iowa to the 3rd most wins in Iowa's history not to mention Gesell was the 1st PG to have over 200 assists in a single season

Bohannon was just the 2nd PG to have 170+ assists and 85+ made in the same season in the last 25 years as a FR
then as a SO on a bad foot became the only PG in the last 25 years to have back to back seasons with
170+ assists and 80+ made 3's
who knows what he will do on a healthy foot and with more experienced players around him.

that's pretty impressive.

Compare those to Darius Morris, Trey Burke, Derrick Walton, and Zavier Simpson.

If you want we can include SGs since Beilein develops that position well two (Tim Hardaway Jr, nik stausakas, caris LeVert)

Compare those to Darius Morris, Trey Burke, Derrick Walton, and Zavier Simpson.

If you want we can include SGs since Beilein develops that position well two (Tim Hardaway Jr, nik stausakas, caris LeVert)
Marble unranked 3* 1st Team all BT 2nd round NBA pick who played for 2 1/2 years before his career was ended when a player raked him across the eyes which needed surgery to repair,
Jok the BT's leading scorer and another 1st Team All BT that makes 2 unranked 3* player
this is what Moss has done another unranked 3* by Rivals but a 4* SF by ESPN.
FR 17.1 MPG, 6.7 PPG shooting 41.2% from the field, 74.2% from the FTL and 35.8% from 3
SO 24.2 MPG, 11.1 PPG shooting 42% from the field, 87.9% from the FTL and 38.6% from 3 with these for the other stats
74 rebounds, 62 assists. 41 TO's, 22 steals 2nd on the team.

considering that Jok only avg'd 7.0 ppg as a SO and the team only had 2 players in DBL Digits in scoring while Moss did his with 3 other dbl digit scorers,

looks likeFran can develop players as well.

one bad season while working with unranked 3* players in the last 7 Does not = the normal.
Fran now has 6 4* players by ESPN and 4 4* players by Rivals, with these coming in the 2018 class
Wieskamp
2017 class
Connor who RS'D
Garza
2016 these played and started as FR
Cook
Bohannon by ESPN
Moss by ESPN.
and these have already blew away their lousy rankings
Bohannon
Moss
Garza who had better stats as a FR than White did who was named a FR AA,
G-FR STATS 21.7 mpg 12.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg 32 blocks
W-FR STATS 23.8 MPG. 11.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 23 blocks.
a pretty good start and to think none of the returning players can't or won't improve on Offense or Defense is only blind hatred or stupidity. and Fran has 10 players returning with playing and starting experience,

Am I getting trolled? I feel like this has to be trolling. Hate Michigan, trash Michigan, whatever.... but to insist Beilein hasn’t done great with the PG position is something I can’t believe anyone would do if they were being serious.

Outside of Burke who I think was still top 150, all of those mentioned were 4 stars. One could argue they could be “developed” by a myriad of coaches.

It’s not like he’s taking 2 star rubbish and turning them into draft picks.

Burke was a 4* #75 by ESPN who was originally committed to PSU then flipped and never got rerated, see its not just Iowa players that get the green weenie just because a player doesn't commit to the right school,

Outside of Burke who I think was still top 150, all of those mentioned were 4 stars. One could argue they could be “developed” by a myriad of coaches.

Stop the facts

giphy.gif

That’s on them. That doesn’t change history and how Beilein developed Morris, Burke, Walton, and now Simpson.
Hard to argue the others, but Simpson? Really. He was about a top 50 recruit doing things a top 50 recruit does as a Sophomore, maybe a little better. Same with Walton, top 40 ish guy who stayed til he was a senior and was good, but I wouldn’t call it extremely good development. The other 2 I agree, but Simpson and Walton are a reach for how good Beilein develops point guards

Hard to argue the others, but Simpson? Really. He was about a top 50 recruit doing things a top 50 recruit does as a Sophomore, maybe a little better. Same with Walton, top 40 ish guy who stayed til he was a senior and was good, but I wouldn’t call it extremely good development. The other 2 I agree, but Simpson and Walton are a reach for how good Beilein develops point guards

You can't just look at rankings when talking about player development. I look more at how much they developed over their time in the program. I'm not giving extra development points for Beilein turning #146 ranked Burke into the NPOY because it's more likely that Burke was just incredibly underanked. I do give Beilein credit for developing him from a very good freshman PG Year 1 into the best PG in the country Year 2, though.

Walton developed from a league average PG to one of the best players in the conference his senior season. Simpson was really bad as a freshman. By the end of his sophomore season he developed into one of the best PGs in the conference.

Reactions: BANGBRO

Gard should have let you pitch this to Simpson when he chose Michigan over Wisconsin.

Painter developed Carsen Edwards from mid pack Frosh Guard to Jerry West award winning best SG in country. Pretty damn impressive. Then again CE may have played a part in that development:

Painter developed Carsen Edwards from mid pack Frosh Guard to Jerry West award winning best SG in country. Pretty damn impressive. Then again CE may have played a part in that development:

Still crazy to think that Purdue could’ve easily ended up with either CJ Walker, Simpson, or TeJon Lucas instead of Carsen. No offense to those 3 but none of them can hold a candle to Carsen. We got the better end of that deal.

Reactions: pig1960

Concur on both Walton and Simpson. Normal trajectory for both.

Be careful with hail tho. He will drag you to his level and send you PMs.

And lol at the resident Wisconsin clown trying to discredit Beilein's development. Nothing like being a four star recruit and finally contributing as a junior in Bo Ryan's swing offense.

Reactions: MGC_07
Concur on both Walton and Simpson. Normal trajectory for both.

Be careful with hail tho. He will drag you to his level and send you PMs.

And lol at the resident Wisconsin clown trying to discredit Beilein's development. Nothing like being a four star recruit and finally contributing as a junior in Bo Ryan's swing offense.

Jward is a good poster.

I’m guessing you’re replying to the one person I have on ignore. His infatuation with Bo Ryan is weird. Maybe Bo fvcked his mom. Or he can’t come to grips with Beilein’s stellar record vs Bo.

"And lol at the resident Wisconsin clown trying to discredit Beilein's development. Nothing like being a four star recruit and finally contributing as a junior in Bo Ryan's swing offense." - Gumbo02

"And lol at the resident Wisconsin clown trying to discredit Beilein's development. Nothing like being a four star recruit and finally contributing as a junior in Bo Ryan's swing offense." - Gumbo02

Yea I’m not discrediting him. Just saying he’s starting with a nice piece of clay.

ADVERTISEMENT