ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Jward is a good poster.

A good poster does not retort with "silly season" every single, f'n time Deathclutch posts a normal, informative post on Minnesota hoops.

A good poster does not place another on ignore because they cannot refute how their own particular future high level, fifth year senior is gaining very little by returning to a bubble plus team next year.

Dude is a joke who loves to say trash to other schools, but runs for the hills once it is dispelled upon her.

Death clutch knows what’s up with silly season.

It’s all a fvcking joke. Learn to read sarcasm.

What high level is Happ going to be at? I hope you’re not talking about the NBA.

Will the new 20 game B1G schedule impact RPI, Kenpom, BPI etc next season? 2 more possible quality wins. Or will it in effect not impact it?

Beilein watched carton a bunch this week, seems like him, Jalen Wilson and joe Girard are beileins top 3 targets in 2019. Wilson and carton are supposed to be on campus in May.

Last edited:
Beilein watched cartoon a bunch this week, seems like him, Jalen Wilson and joe Girard are beileins top 3 targets in 2019. Wilson and carton are supposed to be on campus in May.

Also sounds like Carton is further along in the process. Could see a cut in the near future and possibly a decision by end of summer. He will be making several campus visits later this spring

Last edited:
Beilein watched cartoon a bunch this week, seems like him, Jalen Wilson and joe Girard are beileins top 3 targets in 2019. Wilson and carton are supposed to be on campus in May.
Wondering what UM’s camp thinks about Watts. Had inhome’s with MSU and UM last week. A top 75ish combo guard. Apparently has a long way to go handling and defensively, but his shot is nice.

Wondering what UM’s camp thinks about Watts. Had inhome’s with MSU and UM last week. A top 75ish combo guard. Apparently has a long way to go handling and defensively, but his shot is nice.

I think he’s on the back burner for um, also rumors of grade issues.

Beilein watched carton a bunch this week, seems like him, Jalen Wilson and joe Girard are beileins top 3 targets in 2019. Wilson and carton are supposed to be on campus in May.
Carton is going to be a stud. Wish Illinois was pushing more for him instead of waiting on PGs for the following season.

Name your surprise impact player for next season.

Criteria:
-cannot have averaged more than 20 mins a game last year.
-can be an incoming frosh as long as he isn’t top 50 (bound to be an impact player as a top 50 guy).
- cannot be white and playing for Iowa
- can be white if he isn’t playing for Iowa

Reactions: Toast. and jwardelt

Criteria:
-can be an incoming frosh as long as he isn’t top 50 (bound to be an impact player as a top 50 guy).
I'll go Da'Monte Williams.

Criteria:
Not sure if it'd be a surprise, but I totally expect Kobe King to be an impact player next season.

Reactions: Toast.
Carton is going to be a stud. Wish Illinois was pushing more for him instead of waiting on PGs for the following season.
Yeah man. I think it comes down to IU or UM. Hoping we can snag this kid. He's gonna be a beast.

Criteria:
Maishe Dailey

Criteria:
Based on the criteria, I would say Matt Haarms, but I'm not sure he would qualify as a "surprise" at this point.

My other selection would be Aaron Wheeler coming off redshirt.

Could be wrong, but he doesn't really seem like a guy Wisconsin will pull.

We were first on him and have a good relationship. Not saying it’ll happen but it could happen. There’s plenty of options in 2020 at pg and we don’t need one in ‘19. He’d be a luxury at this point. Bigs are more pressing for us in ‘19 than a pg.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Criteria:

Jordan Poole. He doesn’t have a lot of competition for minutes and I expect him to take a lot of shots. Wouldn’t be surprised if he led the team in scoring (though at this point I’d think Matthews will).

Reactions: Mclovin-

Criteria:

Not following the 2nd rule. Aaron Wiggins for Maryland. He just won the one on one contest at the Iverson classic.

Reactions: Mclovin-

Would be a solid get. Shot 39.5% from 3 in his 2 JUCO seasons and his coach, in an interview, said he had a 42 inch vert. Looking at his highlight videos, definitely looks to be the case. Made the JUCO All-Tournament team as well.

Criteria:
screw you bigot.
Dailey 6'7 SG/SF 16.9 MPG 4.9 PPG no longer has to play PG and will backup or start at either the SG or SF position.

Criteria:
For Purdue, Aaron Wheeler. The only guys I can think of would be IU's Justin Smith or Jerome Hunter (even though he's No. 49), whichever guy plays more. I also like the look of the recent Maryland signee, Smith.

Reactions: tynd10
ADVERTISEMENT