ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Actually, Carton doesn’t play on the NIKE circuit, so he would not have been at Peach Jam. He was supposed to play in Milwaukee this weekend, but he’s hurt and can’t play.

I don’t know where he’s going—it could be any of his final 3. While I’d love it to be Michigan, I won’t feel great unless/until he announces for us. From a factual standpoint though, D.J. isn’t running out on his AAU team to visit OSU.
This is a well-balanced, respectful post. WHAT THE HELL IS IT DOING ON A MESSAGE BOARD?!?!
tenor.gif

Sounding that way. Kid can't go wrong wherever he chooses. Still a couple "sources" saying they wouldn't be surprised if he picks Indiana, but Michigan is the leader in the clubhouse and has been favored for awhile.

Sounding that way. Kid can't go wrong wherever he chooses. Still a couple "sources" saying they wouldn't be surprised if he picks Indiana, but Michigan is the leader in the clubhouse and has been favored for awhile.

Pretty much. Watching the back and forth between all sides on Twitter has been hilarious.

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17
How many times have you heard of a player taking an official while the peach jam was going on? Carton’s team is playing games and he’s missing them to be on campus.

This whole thing is weird.The general consensus seems to be that Osu has little to no chance and yet he’s making an official visit during a time that would suggest he’s very interested when you consider what he’s giving up to be there. This is magnified because he visited Osu twice already in the last few months and could easily say he’s seen everything already.

On the flip side, I think it’s obvious that Carton is a high priority recruit for Osu/Holtmann and yet he chose to leave in the middle to watch EJ Liddell who I assume he can/will see numerous times this month.
Carton is injured so that prob plays a role in the timing of the visit. Hes ready to end it and commit so that explains the visit. Each finalist gets an official visit. Makes sense to me.

Everyone has switched to Ohio state for Carton. Lol at Michigan fans.

@Orlando Buckeye so much for our thinking it was a courtesy visit haha. Holtmann starts winning more of these battles look out. Recruiting always can change at the blink of an eye.

The kid is really good so hopefully he is a one and done so the B1G doesnt have to face him more than a season.

Everyone has switched to Ohio state for Carton.

@Orlando Buckeye so much for our thinking it was a courtesy visit haha. Holtmann starts winning more of these battles look out. Recruiting always can change at the blink of an eye.

Lol at Michigan fans.

The kid is really good so hopefully he is a one and done so the B1G doesnt have to face him more than a season.

giphy.gif

Beilein will just never be a salesman, no coach in the country that can recover missing on guys better than him.

Reactions: BANGBRO
Beilein will just never be a salesman, no coach in the country that can recover missing on guys better than him.

Just goes to show that sources are shit when the kid is still going through the decision process.

Carton handled the recruiting process exactly as a player should. Take visits then make a decision. Very courteous to the coaches. Make the decision now and everyone moves on.

ADVERTISEMENT