ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Everyone has switched to Ohio state for Carton. Lol at Michigan fans.

@Orlando Buckeye so much for our thinking it was a courtesy visit haha. Holtmann starts winning more of these battles look out. Recruiting always can change at the blink of an eye.

The kid is really good so hopefully he is a one and done so the B1G doesnt have to face him more than a season.

This whole time I felt Osu made the most sense but UM fans always seemed so confident.

Reactions: klize17
After the whole thing of the coach leaving during visit I would have bet the house OSU was completely out. Wow shocking!!

Congrats any osu fans here! I have a feeling this one will hurt losing down the road.

Truth is we should have never been, our b-ball insiders in general are terrible. Follow the visits as they say, carton visited osu more than anywhere.
I don’t think it’s just UM. Almost every insider gets fans overly excited and are extremely confident.

Sean Scherer, an MSU guy, picks MSU on crystal ball almost every single time we go after a guy. It’s gotten to the point where most fans just disregard his vote.

Reactions: jwardelt
He has a senior Sauce on Ohio State.

IU has Phinisee. Each team has players at the position “in front” of him. He is good enough to not need to worry about other players at his position.
ehh, simpson as a senior is going to be much better than both of those guys

Truth is we should have never been, our b-ball insiders in general are terrible. Follow the visits as they say, carton visited osu more than anywhere.
I don’t think it’s just UM. Almost every insider gets fans overly excited and are extremely confident.

Sean Scherer, an MSU guy, picks MSU on crystal ball almost every single time we go after a guy. It’s gotten to the point where most fans just disregard his vote.

This is what I love about Rabjohns over at peegs. I have personally never felt like he was ever doing anything for clicks. As a matter of fact, theres been times I've been frustrated that he wasn't sharing more information.

He has a senior Sauce on Ohio State.

IU has Phinisee. Each team has players at the position “in front” of him. He is good enough to not need to worry about other players at his position.
ehh, simpson as a senior is going to be much better than both of those guys

Haven’t seen Walker play much. Started for FSU the last two years and will have 2 years eligibility after he redshirts this year

Good get for OSU. Not sure how I feel about this for MSU though.

UM will be targeting Rocket Watts even heavier, someone that the general feel was that he was pretty split between UM and MSU bit is now leaning more MSU because of the Carton recruitment. Hope that can stay in our favor.

Could help with another guard we are going after though, Harland Beverly.

Only thing I can really think of is he really clicked with the players at osu. He's said for a while now, that the most important thing for his official was to make sure he likes who he's going to be playing with.

This whole time I felt Osu made the most sense but UM fans always seemed so confident.

It’s why I joined in on the dialogue here. Kid visited Osu three months in a row and Osu basically stopped recruiting other PG’s many felt they had a good shot at. Despite that, Michigan fans just seemed like they knew something.

Haven’t seen Walker play much. Started for FSU the last two years and will have 2 years eligibility after he redshirts this year
sounds like a guy who has some talent but also baggage

Haven’t heard that about him. By all accounts he is a solid kid. I guess he really liked Holtmann and staff while at Butler but wanted a bigger conference and when they took the Osu job he jumped at it.

Only thing I can really think of is he really clicked with the players at osu. He's said for a while now, that the most important thing for his official was to make sure he likes who he's going to be playing with.

His roommate at the Top 100 camp was Alonzo Gaffney. Might have helped

Haven’t heard that about him. By all accounts he is a solid kid. I guess he really liked Holtmann and staff while at Butler but wanted a bigger conference and when they took the Osu job he jumped at it.

Purdue fans don’t like him because he decommitted and talked some shit about not having “sauce”

Reactions: SNU0821
What is your schools 2019 dream recruiting class? For MSU I’ll go

Isaiah Stewart (Vernon Carey is higher rated but this kid is better defensively and is insanely athletic, plus fits the modern fans better)

Josiah James (top rated PG in the class, dad played at MSU, damn good at everything but his jumper could use some work)

Keion Brooks (haven’t heard a ton of news on this kid recently, hopefully we land him but the longer this drags out the less I like our chances)

Terry Armstrong Jr. ( really high riser, has been really good lately, could possibly see a jump into the top 40, SG/SF)

just telling you what I hear. committed to us, then decommitted and went to florida state, left there after playing good minutes on elite eight team. he reminds me a lot of Ronnie Johnson, a guy who thinks he's much better than what he is, keeps jumping to different places thinking he'll play a much larger role or is somehow above where he is at currently. usually that doesn't end well. bad for the locker room.

Isaiah Stewart (Vernon Carey is higher rated but this kid is better defensively and is insanely athletic, plus fits the modern fans better)
Josiah James (top rated PG in the class, dad played at MSU, damn good at everything but his jumper could use some work)
Keion Brooks (haven’t heard a ton of news on this kid recently, hopefully we land him but the longer this drags out the less I like our chances)
Terry Armstrong Jr. ( really high riser, has been really good lately, could possibly see a jump into the top 40, SG/SF)

Carton
Gaffney
Liddell

Top 2 have committed and the third has visited Osu unofficially in the last month and has scheduled an official to Osu already.

Carton
Gaffney
Liddell

Top 2 have committed and the third has visited Osu unofficially in the last month and has scheduled an official to Osu already.
Really like Gaffney’s game. I know MSU was recruiting him for a bit before he commuted to OSU. I think that kid will be a stud.

TJD, Brooks, and a guard and then after one of the 19 fowards on the roster transfers another guard in the spring

Reactions: Ameoba Offense
The recruiting class I’ll guess MSU pulls in is probably

Isaiah Stewart
Rocket Watts
Terry Armstrong
Some forward I’ve never heard of/ possibly Tray Jackson(PF from Michigan, rated 105)

LOL at recruiting experts. Carton and his family were very classy throughout the entire process however, congrats to them and OSU. Holtman is proving to be a home run hire very quickly.

TJD
Brooks
Top 50 PG (in but not deep on just about everyone)
Newman or Franklin (after a forward transfers in the spring)

conference should be a little better this coming season. originally thought it might be worse, but have changed my mind. 2019-20 should be loaded with really good teams

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Shocker..

Didn't expect Carton anyway but I like that he committed already. Now IU can focus on Lewis, Franklin and Newman.

Shocker..

Didn't expect Carton anyway but I like that he committed already. Now IU can focus on Lewis, Franklin and Newman.

Don’t see Lewis coming out of the south.

Looking more like IU will end up with a combo instead of a true PG in this class

Don’t see Lewis coming out of the south.

Looking more like IU will end up with a combo instead of a true PG in this class

Yeah, I hadn't read much about Lewis recently but wasn't sure if he was actually off the radar yet or not.

I think I like Franklin more than Newman but I'm sure either would be a solid add.

Reactions: klize17
Obviously a huge recruit for Holtmann and company. I agree with some who are saying the biggest since Conley/Oden for 2006. Word on campus was very positive after his visit. His relationship with current players and recruits made a big difference, urgent need at PG after this year, and DJ was very impressed when the entire OSU coaching staff showed up in April to see him. No other team sent their entire staff.

Reactions: Orlando Buckeye
Obviously a huge recruit for Holtmann and company. I agree with some who are saying the biggest since Conley/Oden for 2006. Word on campus was very positive after his visit. His relationship with current players and recruits made a big difference, urgent need at PG after this year, and DJ was very impressed when the entire OSU coaching staff showed up in April to see him. No other team sent their entire staff.

You see Walker and Carton starting at guard in 2019?

You see Walker and Carton starting at guard in 2019?

Just a guess but I think Luther Muhammad will be a starter in 19. Coaches really seem to like him.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
ADVERTISEMENT