ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I am genuinely a bit perplexed by the Wisconsin love this season by projectionists and computer metrics. They return everyone on a broken roster*.

*Yes I understand the irony of this statement in light of IU’s last off season but I never thought IU would win the league last year.
Three man weave podcast just came out with their big ten preview & Ky from the podcast laid out a pretty decent case for them.

From what I recall and paraphrasing:

-You know their defense is going to be among the best if not the best in the conference

-Wahl started off the year really good & wasn’t the same after his injury.

-He believes in a guy like Essegian to continue to take a step forward.

& that’s all I remember. But thought it was a decent enough case to be around 4th/5th in the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwardelt
Its frustrating at evety level. I think the NBA is 10X worse. No idea what a travel is.....HS can be just as bad.
We all know they know what a travel is. They just refuse to call it which ruins the game.
Even though I officiate, and have done so at the college level(D1)---I get frustrated. And wait until the new "charge/block" takes center stage.

TBH man, there really is no fix. The game is simply hard to call. Its very subjective. Contact is illegal, but not always. Just a hard game to call.
I get that it's hard to call, but there just seems to be so much that goes uncalled or called wrong that is obvious. That's what's frustrating to me.

We all know they know what a travel is. They just refuse to call it which ruins the game.

I get that it's hard to call, but there just seems to be so much that goes uncalled or called wrong that is obvious. That's what's frustrating to me.
Im not gonna win this conversation, so not gonna try. Its possible that things get uncalled because its missed, not overlooked? I have said this a lot---Not all contact is a foul. Even if "violent"---Lots of times it looks the same, but in reality, and by rule, its not. I have been a HS/college official for almost 20 years now. To this day one of the hardest call, is a no call. You can have a play where the offense does everything right...defense does everything right, there is lots of contact....So you play on...Next trip down, almost the exact same play, except the defense didnt establish LGP---No you have a foul. To the naked eye, it seems inconsistent. But in reality, its not.

Understanding legal guarding position will go a long ways in how you vire how a game was officiated.

Im not gonna win this conversation, so not gonna try. Its possible that things get uncalled because its missed, not overlooked? I have said this a lot---Not all contact is a foul. Even if "violent"---Lots of times it looks the same, but in reality, and by rule, its not. I have been a HS/college official for almost 20 years now. To this day one of the hardest call, is a no call. You can have a play where the offense does everything right...defense does everything right, there is lots of contact....So you play on...Next trip down, almost the exact same play, except the defense didnt establish LGP---No you have a foul. To the naked eye, it seems inconsistent. But in reality, its not.

Understanding legal guarding position will go a long ways in how you vire how a game was officiated.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you said here. What I get frustrated with is how the game is called over the course of a season. Things that are called fouls in the first half of the season that aren't the second half.

Has there ever been a quicker fall from grace than what we’ve seen with Tom Allen? Had a heck of a 2020 season and since then is believe 2-20 in conference. Guessing he gets one more year because of that huge buyout too.

Has there ever been a quicker fall from grace than what we’ve seen with Tom Allen? Had a heck of a 2020 season and since then is believe 2-20 in conference. Guessing he gets one more year because of that huge buyout too.
Mel Tucker has a spot in this conversation when you consider the financial side of things.

Straight up I'm biased, but can't believe MD lost to them last week.

It really looked like MD was going to go 9-3 this season.
If they can hold on here and Iowa loses they’ll have a shot at winning the west

Here piggy piggy..........

Happy Fun GIF

@MGC_07 last post April 2023
@northeastspartan last lost March 2023
@Sparty_0n last post December 2022
@SpartyRBS last post two years ago
@MileHighSpartan disappeared 3 years ago.

Sad fanbase. Some of the biggest shit talkers there is when they are regionally relevant. Literally quit posting when they suck.

@SpartanJD
@thewitness419
@JonBuckley
I've disappeared from April-October every year for the last 15 years. Take a lap and enjoy your ****ing sanctions...scUMbag program.

urban2-glasses-gif.420934

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
I've disappeared from April-October every year for the last 15 years. Take a lap and enjoy your ****ing sanctions...scUMbag program.

urban2-glasses-gif.420934
Michigan fans still enjoying the blowout win and Spartan Stadium takeover, only kinda meaningful game we’ve played so far

I see booty ball made the Nuggets opening night roster.

He joins what must be a very short list of State Penn players in the NBA.

Purdue verse Arkansas.

Craving some CBB, should be a good game in the world of exhibition bball.

Purdue verse Arkansas.

Craving some CBB, should be a good game in the world of exhibition bball.
We held our own especially when you factor in Edey’s foul trouble. Pretty sure that’s the first game he’s ever fouled out so not too concerned about that.

ADVERTISEMENT