ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

So you expect every #40 recruit to have a short college career?
He was projected as a first rounder after his freshman year (due in large part to players around him like Wagner and Livers making him look better than he actually is) he went from that to 5 year college player.
Maybe he’ll end up a first rounder yet after being around good players again and having elite coaching. We shall see

Reactions: jwardelt
He was projected as a first rounder after his freshman year (due in large part to players around him like Wagner and Livers making him look better than he actually is) he went from that to 5 year college player.
Maybe he’ll end up a first rounder yet after being around good players again and having elite coaching. We shall see
Hunter tested the waters, and the feedback he received from the NBA was he'd likely be a second-round pick.

So he exceeded expectations in his first year, but because he didn’t go pro, he was overrated out of HS? Makes sense.

The whole argument is ridiculous anyway. The fact that he’s not a projected first rounder obviously doesn’t mean he isn’t/can’t be a great college player. Jalen Wilson will probably be drafted in the 2nd round but you’d cream your pants if he announced that he was transferring to Michigan.

So he exceeded expectations in his first year, but because he didn’t go pro, he was overrated out of HS? Makes sense.

The whole argument is ridiculous anyway. The fact that he’s not a projected first rounder obviously doesn’t mean he isn’t/can’t be a great college player. Jalen Wilson will probably be drafted in the 2nd round but you’d cream your pants if he announced that he was transferring to Michigan.
As of right now, I’m not even sure Hunter would be drafted at all. Regardless, he isn’t going to be an nba player. After he’s done using Kansas as an atm he’s either going to play out the rest of his career in either the G league or overseas

Last edited:
As of right now, I’m not even sure Hunter would be drafted at all. Regardless, he isn’t going to be an nba player. After he’s done using Kansas as an atm he’s either going to play out the rest of his career in either the G league or overseas

Well, he’ll definitely have a better chance of getting there under Self. Not that I care about his pro prospects.

Social media is THE WORST
200w.gif

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Everytime I see stuff like that, I'm simultaneously happy for him and fearful that he's staying in the draft.
What's the knock on him? His pick and roll defense? Can't be much more than that. Not sure he's ever going to be a first rounder, though. I'd buy you a beer if he makes it into the first round.

What's the knock on him? His pick and roll defense? Can't be much more than that. Not sure he's ever going to be a first rounder, though. I'd buy you a beer if he makes it into the first round.
Yeah probably. And how well he could guard 5’s that can shoot from distance.

It’s wild that 20-30 years ago he’s a top 5 pick no doubt. Just a much different game these days.

Yeah probably. And how well he could guard 5’s that can shoot from distance.

It’s wild that 20-30 years ago he’s a top 5 pick no doubt. Just a much different game these days.
I agree. Who's a good comparison for him in the league now? The big dude that played for Dallas for a while? Gotta be some others.

I agree. Who's a good comparison for him in the league now? The big dude that played for Dallas for a while? Gotta be some others.
Yeah Boban is a good one but I can’t say I’ve watched him play that much. Hey maybe he could be a poor man’s Yao Ming? I don’t think it’s an awful comparison tbh (not saying he’ll be anywhere as good obviously)

Yeah Boban is a good one but I can’t say I’ve watched him play that much. Hey maybe he could be a poor man’s Yao Ming? I don’t think it’s an awful comparison tbh (not saying he’ll be anywhere as good obviously)
Speaking of Yao, I’m rather curious about Edey’s backgrounds, about which I know little. I’m aware that he’s a Chinese Canadian, but the name Edey doesn’t sound Chinese at all.

Speaking of Yao, I’m rather curious about Edey’s backgrounds, about which I know little. I’m aware that he’s a Chinese Canadian, but the name Edey doesn’t sound Chinese at all.
His mom is Chinese and his dad is Canadian I believe.

Reactions: Toast.
Good scheduling by both teams. Not only are they good match ups in tough venues, but the style of play differences are beneficial for both teams. Wisco will need experience against pace b/c they play in the B1G, Arizona has been bad when you can slow them down.
We've done well against Arizona the last 23 years. 4-1. 5-2 overall. Couple games played back in the 60's.

We've got a nice schedule again this year.

Tennesse
@Providence
Marquette
@Arizona

UVA, WVU, & SMU in Fort Meyers. 2 good neutral games.

Reactions: WheelerG and Toast.
We've done well against Arizona the last 23 years. 4-1. 5-2 overall. Couple games played back in the 60's.

We've got a nice schedule again this year.

Tennesse
@Providence
Marquette
@Arizona

UVA, WVU, & SMU in Fort Meyers. 2 good neutral games.
Solid.

We have Xavier in Mackey, Alabama in Toronto, then the Maui Invitational is pretty stacked.

Reactions: jwardelt
Solid.

We have Xavier in Mackey, Alabama in Toronto, then the Maui Invitational is pretty stacked.
That’s pretty good too.

Over/under on how many Austin Peay types Iowa plays is at 9.5.

ADVERTISEMENT