ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I don’t understand the infatuation with posting home board material here but whatever.

I can only speak for myself but my expectations remain building momentum for the program while making the tournament every year. As they stabilize the program, my expectations will increase accordingly but I also don’t ever expect them to regain national power status. It’s not operationally feasible. That being said, it’s ridiculous to not be excited at a top 10 recruit commitment. That obviously doesn’t guarantee team success, but it’s way better than the alternative.

Excuse my milquetoast take and carry on with your salivation at home board posts.

Saw this post on Indiana's 247 with almost 130 likes, and boy did I laugh:

"My $0.02:
Indiana is about winning the 6th National Championship. The fans want that 6th banner. The program has the resources to get it. Woody has stated that a title is the ultimate goal.
There is no player available right now that raises Indiana's ceiling like Caleb Love. He is a tourney-tested, game-changing bucket getter. If Indiana is serious about that 6th banner (and I think it is), Love was and is the best player available for our roster. He makes IU's starting five startlingly talented.
He also lowers our floor. He might make Coach Woodson's job more difficult. I'm fine with that. We're aiming at banners. Not beating Purdue. Not tournament berths. Not Big Ten Titles. Not Helm's trophies.
If you can get Caleb Love, you get Caleb Love, and you don't apologize for it."
-IULaw10
At first i Was like---"what so bad..."

Then saw, "Caleb Love, 6th banner,.....Stopped reading.

Hard pass on him. I'd rather develop Gunn/Banks/Newton and Cupps.

I can't think of a comparably more overrated player in the history of the college game than Love.

Any nominees?

I don’t understand the infatuation with posting home board material here but whatever.

I can only speak for myself but my expectations remain building momentum for the program while making the tournament every year. As they stabilize the program, my expectations will increase accordingly but I also don’t ever expect them to regain national power status. It’s not operationally feasible. That being said, it’s ridiculous to not be excited at a top 10 recruit commitment. That obviously doesn’t guarantee team success, but it’s way better than the alternative.

Excuse my milquetoast take and carry on with your salivation at home board posts.
Don’t go & get all reasonable on us.

Saw this post on Indiana's 247 with almost 130 likes, and boy did I laugh:

"My $0.02:
Indiana is about winning the 6th National Championship. The fans want that 6th banner. The program has the resources to get it. Woody has stated that a title is the ultimate goal.
There is no player available right now that raises Indiana's ceiling like Caleb Love. He is a tourney-tested, game-changing bucket getter. If Indiana is serious about that 6th banner (and I think it is), Love was and is the best player available for our roster. He makes IU's starting five startlingly talented.
He also lowers our floor. He might make Coach Woodson's job more difficult. I'm fine with that. We're aiming at banners. Not beating Purdue. Not tournament berths. Not Big Ten Titles. Not Helm's trophies.
If you can get Caleb Love, you get Caleb Love, and you don't apologize for it."
-IULaw10
Home board posters are weird. Reading another teams homeboard is even weirder.

Home board posters are weird. Reading another teams homeboard is even weirder.
Oh, no. My feelings. I’d bet my house you’ve been on another team’s home board. And it’s certainly not as weird as getting banned and pretending to be someone else.

It’s the off-season, and it’s the business model of 247 which is doing just fine.

I have some doubts about the guy, but he'd give you a dude that can be a big time bucket getter. I'd prefer he go elsewhere.
I thought he was a locker room problem. Could have made that up but I believe that's what I heard. I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

One and dones that stay for 4-5 years aren't overrated?
I don't remember him coming into college as a one-and-done. Thinking back, he outperformed expectations. Of course, with NIL, guys like Dickwad are staying around longer. Trayce Jackson-Davis would be a better example of a one-and-done that didn't leave. And in his case was the right move.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Sounding like Shannon is returning and will announce soon, RayJ Dennis will commit after Shannon, and Coleman Hawkins is a 50/50 but is trending towards a return if they both are on the roster.

Tick Tock

I’d make a comment about Minnesota, but you aren’t relevant enough to give a single shit.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Exactly.

Michigan looks at Minnesota and thinks ‘that’s me’ now.
Next year will be the worst Michigan basketball team in over 2 decades and we’ll still finish ahead of Minnesota in the conference. You know what else happened two decades ago? 😝

ADVERTISEMENT