ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

As long as he plays hard, he’s totally worth it. Stretch 5, who can protect the rim

But sometimes he coasts, which will drive fans crazy
Spot on....Talent is not the issue---motor is. Hopefully Woodson can fix this.

For the non-Purdue folks, what do y’all think it should take to bring Edey back NIL-wise? Sounds like he was in the $800-900k range this year.
Where else is he gonna go? Not a knock my friend. But his game doesn't translate well to the NBA. Projected as the last pick....He'll make more $$$ @ Purdue.

I don't know how we'll win the money battle in this one. Maybe Ben Johnson can give him a portion of his salary.

So far this is my thoughts on the conference…

Tier 1
Purdue Michigan St

Tier 2
Illinois Maryland NW Indiana

Tier 3
Ohio St Iowa Wisconsin

Tier 4
Rutgers Michigan

Tier 5
Penn St Nebraska

Tier 6
Minnesota

What's the word on Kanon Catchings? Lots of talk that he's opening up his recruitment from his Purdue commitment.
Hearing some rumors on that front as well. Hopefully it's just smoke. When he elevated to a five star, I got a little nervous that someone with deeper pockets would come calling.

Congrats to Iowa on adding Ben Kri(K)KKe today

i

Am I the only one who thinks of this guy when I see that last name spelled out?

the-crocodile-hunter-steve-irwin-poses-with-a-three-foot-long-alligator-at-the-san-francisco-zoo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Where else is he gonna go? Not a knock my friend. But his game doesn't translate well to the NBA. Projected as the last pick....He'll make more $$$ @ Purdue.
Think we're competing against the NBA for him, money being even players usually pick the NBA and they probably should. If he returns to Purdue I think he needs to add in midrange shots to his game more. If he's at the elbow or extended and teams double, it'll be an easy dive for a layup. Also probably needs to improve a bit in PNR defense and handling the ball if he starts farther out of the post. Kid only has good options though.

Sure. I'm positive that's the case....
The signals seem to indicate a possible decommitment, possibly as a new 5 star he has all the schools as options now and wants to explore. I doubt that is good news for IU, maybe better news for a Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc.

I mean when stuff like this surfaces, it rarely works out well for Purdue.

I'd be surprised if this isn't NIL related, where it sure appears Purdue is behind in terms of attracting talent (portal or HS) via NIL.

Reactions: jwardelt
I mean when stuff like this surfaces, it rarely works out well for Purdue.

I'd be surprised if this isn't NIL related, where it sure appears Purdue is behind in terms of attracting talent (portal or HS) via NIL.
Agreed. Also, Catchings' Mom played for Illinois and aunt (Tamika) played for Tennessee. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at one of those schools.

Is there a rumor Catchings could reclass to 23?

I remember a Purdue poster said they didn’t need Xavier Booker because they had Kanon Catchings. I thought it was odd because not only are they completely different players with different heights and skill sets, they also aren’t even in the same class.

Is there a rumor Catchings could reclass to 23?

I remember a Purdue poster said they didn’t need Xavier Booker because they had Kanon Catchings. I thought it was odd because not only are they completely different players with different heights and skill sets, they also aren’t even in the same class.
Yeah that’s a really bad take lol.

Reactions: Toast.
Yeah that’s a really bad take lol.
I get other fanbases trashing on Booker’s ranking, but they don’t realize the place probably lowest on Xavier Booker is the MSU homeboard. I think we all kind of know he has his ranking because of skill set and potential and he isn’t a dominant player yet by any means.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Our mod (not rivals) says he isn’t leaving Purdue.
Nice. Is that recent info?

I don't have insta or twitter but he apparently deleted some Purdue related bio info and his Purdue commitments posts. And there's some other smoke.

My best guess - and it's pure speculation - is that another program(s) talked to him about NIL and he's now either done with Purdue or using that as leverage in negotiations with Purdue.

Going to be super interesting for MSU to try to keep everyone happy next year. We’ve got 12 dudes deserving on minutes, but there’s no way we go 12 deep every game.

Starters
AJ Hoggard
Tyson Walker
Jaden Akins
Malik Hall
Mady Sissoko

Bench
Jeremy Fears
Tre Holloman
Gehrig Normand
Coen Carr
Xavier Booker
Carson Cooper
Jaxon Kohler

I mean we lose 1 guy off of last years rotation and being in 4 freshman, all fairly highly ranked.

Nice. Is that recent info?

I don't have insta or twitter but he apparently deleted some Purdue related bio info and his Purdue commitments posts. And there's some other smoke.

My best guess - and it's pure speculation - is that another program(s) talked to him about NIL and he's now either done with Purdue or using that as leverage in negotiations with Purdue.
Sounded VERY recent.

Reactions: Toast.
Our mod just put out some info. Sounds like Catchings did waver a bit, but no formal decommitment has occurred and that it wasn’t NIL related.

Not ideal but seems like we’re not as dead here as I expected.

Reactions: cmore79
Going to be super interesting for MSU to try to keep everyone happy next year. We’ve got 12 dudes deserving on minutes, but there’s no way we go 12 deep every game.

Starters
AJ Hoggard
Tyson Walker
Jaden Akins
Malik Hall
Mady Sissoko

Bench
Jeremy Fears
Tre Holloman
Gehrig Normand
Coen Carr
Xavier Booker
Carson Cooper
Jaxon Kohler

I mean we lose 1 guy off of last years rotation and being in 4 freshman, all fairly highly ranked.
C'mon Tre, we got plenty of playing time for ya back home.

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT