ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Nkamhoua should be announced publicly shortly for UM.

Should be a solid roster if everyone qualifies thru admissions ..Burnett (a bit) and Love (a lot) have work to do..

I think Hunter coming back is about 45% chance which would obviously be pretty big. May keep targeting some guards/wings given the need and unknowns with admissions rather than a potential Hunter backfill tho.

Reactions: MGO2022
How is it spin? We took the two wings we wanted before Storr even visited you. Don’t be dense.
Passing on him when he decommitted when your assistant coach left the first time around.

So you wanted to get less athletic? That’s a new one for you guys.
I think there’s two thing in play first Underwood overreaction this off-season appears to be old. Last year is was length to switch everything defense.

It sounds like staff is counting on one wing coming back and Storr probably wouldn’t be a good fit with him.

I want to believe they’re going all in on the season, but that would require going 4-4 with Hawk, TSJ, a PG and a big. Will that happen? Probably more likely some combination of 2-4.

I think there’s two thing in play first Underwood overreaction this off-season appears to be old. Last year is was length to switch everything defense.

It sounds like staff is counting on one wing coming back and Storr probably wouldn’t be a good fit with him.

I want to believe they’re going all in on the season, but that would require going 4-4 with Hawk, TSJ, a PG and a big. Will that happen? Probably more likely some combination of 2-4.
For that first part, are you saying underwood wanted to get an older roster?

Ya… I think there’s little doubt that Storr is more talented, it’s just of TSJ comes back he’d have a lesser role for a year. And with the portal and NIL I think the staff only cares about next year and not about the future as much anymore
Yea it's hard to look past a year these days. There's a guy on our homoboards that does that shit all the time. Projecting 3-4 years down the road. Just have to do this when you see his posts.

jean-luc-facepalm-2xlbl97ma4uizawo.gif

I can't say I know much about Storr, but regardless it's a WILD transition to go from the #1 tempo team to Wisconsin of all places.
I'm guessing we'll be more like the 2021-2022 season tempo wise. #215 that year in AdjT.

I can't say I know much about Storr, but regardless it's a WILD transition to go from the #1 tempo team to Wisconsin of all places.
Close to home and I’d assume they sold him on being the man

Sure I get that, my point is that they're completely different ends of the playing style spectrum.
It's still basketball. Put the ball in the hoop at one end and stop it from going in the hoop at the other end.

Sure I get that, my point is that they're completely different ends of the playing style spectrum.
They’re definitely a basketball family, older sister was(maybe is still) a d1 player and I think mom coached. Family didn’t get to watch many games- think location was the biggest factor. Maybe Iowa could’ve been a better fit???

They’re definitely a basketball family, older sister was(maybe is still) a d1 player and I think mom coached. Family didn’t get to watch many games- think location was the biggest factor. Maybe Iowa could’ve been a better fit???
If you want to play for a loser like Fran, sure. We’ve had 2 athletic 3’s. Both were B1G POY. Dekker wasn’t bad either.

If you want to play for a loser like Fran, sure. We’ve had 2 athletic 3’s. Both were B1G POY. Dekker wasn’t bad either.
Ya I am tired of pretending to be the resident storr expert.

Any chance Chucky portals to Creighton? Hear they’re starting to pony up NIL and just lost their PG…

Ya I am tired of pretending to be the resident storr expert.

Any chance Chucky portals to Creighton? Hear they’re starting to pony up NIL and just lost their PG…
Chucky isn’t going anywhere. We need an end of the bench slug to leave so we can bring in another big.

Because if I have to watch Carter Gilmore play meaningful minutes next year I’m going to **** the pig shit right out of @hawkit3113

• Haha
Reactions: WheelerG
Honest ass question, do you see any difference between your football admission standards as compared to basketball? I know transfer wise you all have always said it's difficult to navigate.

As I understand the Kante situation his testing issue is with TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Michigan has a fairly high bar for this specific test and it appears Kante couldn't "get there". So, I don't think this is a football v basketball v non-revenue sport "thing". This particular situation only applies to players who speak English as a second language.

Reactions: MGO2022
DJ, spin that shlt.
He’s from Senegal, English isn’t his native language and he apparently couldn’t get the minimum required score in the toefl apparently. He’ll probably end up at Illinois because speaking English isn’t required to be an athlete there along with the ability to read and write.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
He’s from Senegal, English isn’t his native language and he apparently couldn’t get the minimum required score in the toefl apparently. He’ll probably end up at Illinois because speaking English isn’t required to be an athlete there along with the ability to read and write.
We literally had a player not qualify because he couldn’t pass that test last season😂

It must suck having the memory of a goldfish.

We literally had a player not qualify because he couldn’t pass that test last season😂

It must suck having the memory of a goldfish.
You took Shannon Jr. after he couldn’t qualify academically at Michigan. I remember that much 😉

I do remember you guys making that excuse.

Glad he got a free meal and made some friends tho
That absolutely is why. It’s not as though there’s any reason to join a program that hasn’t been past the second round in 20 years. Glad there are schools with low enough academic standards so that he could be a part of the big ten. I’m sure that first round loss to Arkansas will be a memory he always cherishes.

ADVERTISEMENT