ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

So what’s your argument? Are you advocating to be Blockbuster instead of Netflix? Don’t adapt to them changing landscape and hope and pray the old way works every 4 years?
I'll ban bet you right now we make the tourney next year.

So after watching the tournament this year, your takeaway was you should build your roster like those mid-majors? Interesting.

Mine was Miami and UConn (bought rosters) look a lot more fun, and actually have a chance to win it all (unlike FAU or SDSU)
I didn't watch. ;)

And no, nowhere did I say that. But I will laugh at every team that spends millions on zero tourney wins.

I'll ban bet you right now we make the tourney next year.
😂

There should be zero reason for any legitimate program to miss the tournament. It is easier than ever.

Are you advocating that teams should not inject talent into their program with their NIL funds?

😂

There should be zero reason for any legitimate program to miss the tournament. It is easier than ever.

Are you advocating that teams should not inject talent into their program with their NIL funds?
Ban bet our new norm is the NIT.

Explain Illinois 2010's decade then.

I've never said teams shouldn't inject talent. But I will laugh at the $ spent on zero results. Sooner or later, donors aren't going to put up with that shit.

I didn't watch. ;)

And no, nowhere did I say that. But I will laugh at every team that spends millions on zero tourney wins.
NIT games on at the same time?

And good. I will continue to laugh at programs that can’t even make the tourney.

Ban bet our new norm is the NIT.

Explain Illinois 2010's decade then.

I've never said teams shouldn't inject talent. But I will laugh at the $ spent on zero results. Sooner or later, donors aren't going to put up with that shit.
You’re all over the place. Was there NIL and the transfer portal in 2010?

What’s it going to take for Wisconsin to develop NIL?

And that’s wishful thinking. Donors may give up on a coach/AD, but they aren’t giving up on a program forever.

I don’t care about a ban bet. I likely will organically ban myself as this board dies - it’s a bit analogous to Wisconsin basketball.

You’re all over the place. Was there NIL and the transfer portal in 2010?

What’s it going to take for Wisconsin to develop NIL?

And that’s wishful thinking. Donors may give up on a coach/AD, but they aren’t giving up on a program forever.

I don’t care about a ban bet. I likely will organically ban myself as this board dies - it’s a bit analogous to Wisconsin basketball.
Put your money where your mouth is about our "new norm" in the NIT.

We've got NIL. How much, I don't know. It's not enough still.

Ban bet? Since your brethren won't back up his bullshit. Doesn't have to be permanent. Name your terms.
Nah.

I will bet Illinois is finishes better in conference and has a better seed come March.

I don’t care if Wisconsin scrapes in as a double digit seed.

Nah.

I will bet Illinois is finishes better in conference and has a better seed come March.

I don’t care if Wisconsin scrapes in as a double digit seed.
Both all hat and no cattle. Figures.

Both all hat and no cattle. Figures.
Goddamn your expectations are low if making the Tourney is the highest bar for where you’ll do bets.

But it’s good that you’ve came to terms with where Wisconsin is relative to Illinois.

Goddamn your expectations are low if making the Tourney is the highest bar for where you’ll do bets.

But it’s good that you’ve came to terms with where Wisconsin is relative to Illinois.
It has nothing to do with what I said/think.

Nothing silly about it.

Your x2 B1G Coach of the year is returning his top 5 scorers and you still think you’ll be worse than Illinois.

Crazy lack of faith
I never said that. I gave you betting options. You declined. I'm done. Enjoy silly season.

I never said that. I gave you betting options. You declined. I'm done. Enjoy silly season.
You don’t have to say it.

I’ve given you the ability to bet who will be higher seeded come March and finish higher in conference.

Actually twice now, since you passed when I gave the same bet to the Michigan guys.

You’ve chickened out all the same, unsurprisingly.

Whenever you say “achieve nothing” just remember that your team won a game more than that team. TJD won a SINGLE tournament game after 4 seasons😂

And it’s also cute that you think you have any idea what Illinois spent. Oh and our players are also recruited “legally”, whatever that’s supposed to insinuate.
Im saying TJD got paid before NIL, most highly rated kids did.

Congrats to Iowa on adding Ben Kri(K)KKe today

i

For the non-Purdue folks, what do y’all think it should take to bring Edey back NIL-wise? Sounds like he was in the $800-900k range this year.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Maybe a change of scenery will help? Didn’t he get benched on a mediocre Oregon team? Will be fun watching him guard Edey.
Huge talent......Ceiling is absurd. Rather he reaches that or not is to be seen...

As long as he plays hard, he’s totally worth it. Stretch 5, who can protect the rim

But sometimes he coasts, which will drive fans crazy
That basically describes what vonleh was in college too, so we’ve seen that before at least

Not even close
Going full nuclear option with Greg Gard as a coach doesn’t scream ‘cool, calm, and collected’ to me. That’s not even considering that you were upset to the point it impacted your reading comprehension.

Going full nuclear option with Greg Gard as a coach doesn’t scream ‘cool, calm, and collected’ to me. That’s not even considering that you were upset to the point it impacted your reading comprehension.
I have confidence we’ll make the tourney next year. You don’t. It’s all good.

ADVERTISEMENT