ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

My Easter's resolution this year is to start telling people (especially when they don't ask) that I'm a prolapsed Catholic to see if they try correcting me and how they explain what prolapsed means.

It feels like Michigan is going to get let off the hook.

Rhodes was and continues to be a good hire. I think they’ll be happy with him there, I mean they basically have to be because there’s no expectations other than “please no sex scandals”

• Haha
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
It feels like Michigan is going to get let off the hook.

If I was Howard I would take an NBA job. He’s turned down jobs the last 3 offseasons and college coaching has become a much more difficult job.

I don’t think he will leave with Jace still there tho. These tweets just feel like understandable speculation about Howard and Stackhouse.

My father was an incredible basketball player and he died 5 years ago.

So I was thinking of him yesterday and he use to say that if there was a 3 point line back in the day, Rick Mound would have averaged 60 points a game.

RIP Dad

Last edited:
Sounds like MSU is getting Hall, Akins, and Walker back.

Hall just had foot surgery. Definitely wasn’t the same player down the stretch but when he was healthy early, he was great. Definitely excited to have him back if healthy.

Sounds like MSU is getting Hall, Akins, and Walker back.

Hall just had foot surgery. Definitely wasn’t the same player down the stretch but when he was healthy early, he was great. Definitely excited to have him back if healthy.
MSU should be the favorites next year imo if they all return.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Illinois lands a backup that Wisconsin targeted as a starter. Someone help @jwardelt, his program is poor.

haha. We need to get more athletic, not less. Illinois can waste money on no results with the best of them.
Spend money, get players, and maybe suck, or spend no money, scrape the bottom of the barrel, and likely suck. Which do you prefer?

Real question is why are all the rats jumping ship at Illinois? Nobody seems to want to play for Underwood for more than a year or two.
Who is jumping ship outside of some walk-ons and a guy that was told he is being recruited over?

Sure, Jan.
I don't give a shit about how much we spend/don't spend. Results on the floor are all that matter. This tourney alone should prove that spending $$ doesn't always equal results.

They did spend a lot of money on nothing this year.
Coming from the program that just spend 4 years of TJD to get a single second round appearance, it’s quite rich.

But as I’ve said before, Congratulations!

Coming from the program that just spend 4 years of TJD to get a single second round appearance, it’s quite rich.

But as I’ve said before, Congratulations!
He was recruited "legally" and it's why we fired the coach that brought him in. Just interesting to see how much Illinois spent on last years roster to achieve nothing after you hyped them all off season. It looks like we're going the mercenary route so will be interesting to see next year, I won't hype, others I know will, but it'll be interesting to see what they can do.

He was recruited "legally" and it's why we fired the coach that brought him in. Just interesting to see how much Illinois spent on last years roster to achieve nothing after you hyped them all off season. It looks like we're going the mercenary route so will be interesting to see next year, I won't hype, others I know will, but it'll be interesting to see what they can do.
Whenever you say “achieve nothing” just remember that your team won a game more than that team. TJD won a SINGLE tournament game after 4 seasons😂

And it’s also cute that you think you have any idea what Illinois spent. Oh and our players are also recruited “legally”, whatever that’s supposed to insinuate.

Last edited:
I don't give a shit about how much we spend/don't spend. Results on the floor are all that matter. This tourney alone should prove that spending $$ doesn't always equal results.
This tourney has several bought teams play deep into it.

Epps, Melendez, Sky, etc.

You lose 5-7 guys every year it seems.
That’s it. 3 guys that were in the rotation.

1200 guys in the portal last year = 3+ per team. If your program had any desirable players outside Chucky, you might see more too.

The guys leaving for the pros and graduation obviously shouldn’t count. The Skyy Clark’s of the world bounce programs every season. Nothing you can do there except see if it works out or not recruit them. I’d rather take a shot at a 5-star than sit in the in-season thread till the death rattle of the NIT rolls out.

That’s it. 3 guys that were in the rotation.

1200 guys in the portal last year = 3+ per team. If your program had any desirable players outside Chucky, you might see more too.

The guys leaving for the pros and graduation obviously shouldn’t count. The Skyy Clark’s of the world bounce programs every season. Nothing you can do there except see if it works out or not recruit them. I’d rather take a shot at a 5-star than sit in the in-season thread till the death rattle of the NIT rolls out.
Chucky isn't the only one being poached.

Also two mid majors in the final four. And plenty of blue bloods out very early.
So after watching the tournament this year, your takeaway was you should build your roster like those mid-majors? Interesting.

Mine was Miami and UConn (bought rosters) look a lot more fun, and actually have a chance to win it all (unlike FAU or SDSU)

New norm. You guys are so cute.
So what’s your argument? Are you advocating to be Blockbuster instead of Netflix? Don’t adapt to them changing landscape and hope and pray the old way works every 4 years?

ADVERTISEMENT