ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

UM stepping up NIL recruiting right after Hunter bolts is interesting. Wake up call?
Are they stepping it up?

Or is big amount of that money just leftover from Hunter’s portion that was supposed to entice him into coming back?

Indiana needs to step up their NIL game
Indiana does?

Live look at our NIL office.......

two-comical-nerdy-office-workers-goofing-off.jpg

only CU game I went to this year was when they smoked Oregon in Boulder. Ware played a bit and you could see him dripping with talent, but he didn't look like he had any clue how to play basketball. He was a complete non factor out there.

I just looked at his stats and was surprised that he can knock down the 3 a bit.
Toast the kid has Top 5 pick talent---but unfortunately has the motor of a "free agent". Shot 29% from three----not bad. Has a nice shot,really. His mid-range is pretty decent. Atheltic as ****, runs like a deer----7'0.

I'd love to get him. Maybe Woody can sell the "look at what we did with TJD?'---I dunno.

Even though we have the NIL, kids still wanna win. Alabama/Arkansas have done that....And their style of play is attactive. Plus, he's from Little Rock.

Toast the kid has Top 5 pick talent---but unfortunately has the motor of a "free agent". Shot 29% from three----not bad. Has a nice shot,really. His mid-range is pretty decent. Atheltic as ****, runs like a deer----7'0.

I'd love to get him. Maybe Woody can sell the "look at what we did with TJD?'---I dunno.

Even though we have the NIL, kids still wanna win. Alabama/Arkansas have done that....And their style of play is attactive. Plus, he's from Little Rock.
If he goes to Arkansas, his handlers are idiots.

It’d be basically the same situation as Oregon in terms of PT. They already have the Mitchell twins, Brazille, and Baye Fall on their roster.

Alabama at least has openings for PT in their frontcourt.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
If he goes to Arkansas, his handlers are idiots.

It’d be basically the same situation as Oregon in terms of PT. They already have the Mitchell twins, Brazille, and Baye Fall on their roster.

Alabama at least has openings for PT in their frontcourt.
I was throwing Arkansas out there b/c its where he is from...I doubt he would go there--As you said, they are busy at his position already.

Probably between Alabama and IU

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Thought he was playing some good defense at the end of the year and had a few really good games. Kinda surprised aren't you all short on guards? I thought his athleticism was something you all needed with smith and loyer.
I was a fan… needed to get significant minutes to find a groove. Painter values possessions and Newman threw those away. Not saying Painter was right but that’s his system. I’m gonna miss the kid - I really liked him.

Reactions: IUBtown
Word is he entered the portal in an attempt to squeeze more NIL cash. Would be a very Dickinson thing to do if true
Dickinson's a douche, but how is that different than any player? Kids wanna get paid, and I don't blame them.

Dickinson's a douche, but how is that different than any player? Kids wanna get paid, and I don't blame them.
A player of Dickinson’s caliber/role leaving a program like UM like he did is kind of unprecedented I feel like. No other examples really come to mind but maybe I’m forgetting something. Obviously it’s a new era of CBB… but man.

That said… seems like the door is not closed on him coming back.

Last edited:

Ngl pretty happy with the pick-up. Another ball handler who can defend and score. Guessing we’ll add one more guard.

A player of Dickinson’s caliber/role leaving a program like UM like he did is kind of unprecedented I feel like. No other examples really come to mind but maybe I’m forgetting something. Obviously it’s a new era of CBB… but man.

That said… seems like the door is not closed on him coming back.
Caleb Love?

I guess this absolute unit of a man is visiting us right now. 6-11 325lbs and played football and basketball for Washington State. Also played b-ball at Oregon St. and Idaho. I have no idea wtf we are doing right now, but I would welcome this dude just for the intimidation factor. Guy needs to get into pro wrestling after college lol.

berkeley-ca-us-25th-feb-2023-a-washington-state-center-jack-wilson-21fights-for-position-in-the-paint-during-ncaa-mens-basketball-game-between-washington-state-cougars-and-the-california-golden-bears-washington-state-beat-california-63-57-at-haas-pavilion-berkeley-calif-thurman-jamescsmalamy-live-news-2NP7JCP.jpg

Reactions: Middawg
ADVERTISEMENT